The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Motif Locations

Hamfast
Hamfast
✭✭✭✭
I understand that the imperial motif can drop anywhere, in any zone, at any time but only once in a blue moon... but it's the one motif I have not found.

If you found one, no matter if you sold it or used it, what zone did you find it in? please include if it was your starter zones, Silver, Gold, Craglorn or Cyrodiil...

I don't mind spending the time looking, but I am not willing or able to pay the asking price I have seen of any that are for sale and I am curious if I have been spending my time looking in all the wrong places.

At this point I have found at least 3 of every other motif
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the Imperial Motif, in a Preveteran zone, but just the one.

It's really just luck.

edit~ mine was in Greenshade I think.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 28, 2014 12:47PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found mine in Rivensprine
  • springbound
    I have found 2, one on my main and one on an alt both in starter towns.
  • Dovaj
    Dovaj
    Auridon, in a delve, in a basket or crate container, right near the exit door. I was lvl 15 or lower.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one in a cupboard in Crosswych in Glenumbra. Funny too, I looting all the barrels and crates in an inn and had *just* said to my husband I always find really good stuff in DC inns and a split second later I pulled an Imperial motif from a cupboard! Level 12ish I think, and that toon is an alchemist. Probably shouldn't matter, but it was a Breton playing DC.
    Edited by Daraugh on September 29, 2014 2:47PM
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    The 4 I have found have been in cabinets/boxes in Auridon and Deshaan.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I got an Imperial motif was on Auridon at the Thalmor college...the last day, in the last hour of the last beta test. I never even got to use it before that character was wiped.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Zosia
    Zosia
    ✭✭✭
    I just got my first in a cabinet in Rivenspire. I was on Cadwell's Silver.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I understand that the imperial motif can drop anywhere, in any zone, at any time but only once in a blue moon... but it's the one motif I have not found.

If you found one, no matter if you sold it or used it, what zone did you find it in? please include if it was your starter zones, Silver, Gold, Craglorn or Cyrodiil...

I don't mind spending the time looking, but I am not willing or able to pay the asking price I have seen of any that are for sale and I am curious if I have been spending my time looking in all the wrong places.

LOL I have found on the very close order of 70 racial motifs, of which only one was Imperial, I gave it to one of my 4 non-impies. Even with 8 characters on one server this means that I have ended up with spares of motifs. The one I seem to get the most often is Nord of which I have gotten 10, followed by Khajiit (8).

I think I must have gotten it in Auridon, though Bangkorai is a possibility. It is a gold drop, after all, it depends on the RNG.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 only in auridon by levelling main and alt, guess i'm lucky ;)
    This was near the start of the game so drop rate could have changed or even spawn location.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL I have found on the very close order of 70 racial motifs, of which only one was Imperial, I gave it to one of my 4 non-impies. Even with 8 characters on one server this means that I have ended up with spares of motifs. The one I seem to get the most often is Nord of which I have gotten 10, followed by Khajiit (8).

I think I must have gotten it in Auridon, though Bangkorai is a possibility. It is a gold drop, after all, it depends on the RNG.
    I have lost count of the normal racial motifs I have found... enough for my and my wife's characters and I have given a passel away... same with Primal and barbaric and a few each Ancient Elf and Deadric...

I appreciate your and the other posts on the thread, I guess I need to keep looking and hope the RNG God smiles down on my feeble attempts.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to find any of the special motifs, and am not rich enough to buy them from other players. sigh.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

I have lost count of the normal racial motifs I have found... enough for my and my wife's characters and I have given a passel away... same with Primal and barbaric and a few each Ancient Elf and Deadric...

I appreciate your and the other posts on the thread, I guess I need to keep looking and hope the RNG God smiles down on my feeble attempts.

Well I have been getting more motifs dropping recently too. Since the last patch I think I've gotten 7 motifs and I'm not searching hard, just casually searching while in an appropriate location. There was a period I was searching hard for a couple of L15 recipes and during that period I picked up several motif's and no green L10/L15 recipes despite using an L15 Alt. The day before the patch I finally got one of the recipes and decided to give up, then after the patch I not only got two different recipes but two motifs as well.

It was frustrating, but your hunt is probably more so, due to the rarity. So I think if you keep looking you'll eventually find one.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on September 30, 2014 9:56AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a VERY rare and hard to come by motif; which is why it costs 50K to buy right now.

best you just upgrade to the imperial edition and get the race if you really want imperial gear. you have a better chance getting a daedric or ancient elf motif, and those are pretty rare as well.
  • Mystmare
    Mystmare
    Soul Shriven
    Found 1 before finding daedric and other purples.
    It was in stonefalls davon's watch (upstairs in the fighters guild building)
    Play hard, Go pro
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESO for just shy of 3 weeks now.

I created an Argonian bank alt named "Stacks-Gold-High" to hold all the CE treasure maps that I foolishly took out of their containers. I skipped the tutorial prison and found an imperial motif book in the starting room of Daggerfall less than 60 seconds after character creation in the little cabinet in the corner.

I had been playing 4 days.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD starter zone, Auridon, in the delve where you fight Doshia in an urn to the left of the doorway into her area, after you kill the imps, etc.
    Edited by Islyn on October 13, 2014 2:13PM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found an imperial motif book in the starting room of Daggerfall less than 60 seconds after character creation in the little cabinet in the corner.

I had been playing 4 days.

haha! People everywhere are like OMG!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found mine in Daggerfall. Didn't even know what it was at the time. Thank goodness I used it on my crafter. Never have found one since.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing since the game came out in early April and found my very first Imperial Motif last night in Pinepeak Cavern in the Rift, in a chest (not the locked ones) after defeating the boss in there. That's Cadwell's Gold Zone for DC players and I'm VR10. So I guess it's very random if you read the above messages. Don't give up and keep on searching. Good luck!
    Master Angler
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I found one in the Daggerfall bank in Glenumbra, just plain luck.
  • jpsmithub17_ESO1
    I bought one because i got tired of looking back in June (2014. ) During August (2014) I found another inside a desk within the Craglorn as a Veteran Rank 10. The Imperial one seems to be incredibly rare, as I have a lot of alts in banks and generally open hundreds of containers every day... even if just retrieving hireling mail.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been playing since early access and have yet to find a single one. No purples either.
  • autumnflora
    autumnflora
    Soul Shriven
    I found one in the castle in Skywatch (Auridon) when I first started playing ESO back in April, but I don't think it was even considered rare then (I remember it was colored just like any other motif - I didn't even know it was extremely rare!). I haven't found any more since then.