The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Septima Tharn - "To Walk on Far Shores" quest - any advice?

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wavemoore wrote: »
    Noobie wrote: »
    she clones herself? Dc is my main faction and when i fought her she just spawn a army of undead which you aoe to death, then continue fighting septima till she spawns more undead.

Yeah, from everything I've read that's how it's supposed to go. I guess this fight got changed with this latest patch. The way it's playing out now is she's standing there in all her glory with 13K+ health, and as soon as I hit her she clones into a second version of herself with the same amount of health. They don't seem to share health pools and are both casters. I never get to a point where adds come out.
    when I fought her at VR5 mode, she never cloned herself. I would fight her, get her health down some, then she would teleport on top of one of the pillars, and summon a lot of undead redguard warriors to attack me. you sure its not a bug or something? or maybe they added that in? cause I, again, don't remember her cloning herself.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I beat her with my NB archer. how I beat the ghosts, was only pulling a few or so at a time, then utilizing draining shot, to knock them back, funnel health, to last a bit longer, and shadow cloak, to escape when they surrounded me. for me, the ghosts were the only hard part. she never cloned herself.
  • Gecko
    Gecko
    ✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    Wavemoore wrote: »
    Noobie wrote: »
    she clones herself? Dc is my main faction and when i fought her she just spawn a army of undead which you aoe to death, then continue fighting septima till she spawns more undead.

Yeah, from everything I've read that's how it's supposed to go. I guess this fight got changed with this latest patch. The way it's playing out now is she's standing there in all her glory with 13K+ health, and as soon as I hit her she clones into a second version of herself with the same amount of health. They don't seem to share health pools and are both casters. I never get to a point where adds come out.
    when I fought her at VR5 mode, she never cloned herself. I would fight her, get her health down some, then she would teleport on top of one of the pillars, and summon a lot of undead redguard warriors to attack me. you sure its not a bug or something? or maybe they added that in? cause I, again, don't remember her cloning herself.
    This post was necro'd from almost 2 months ago. The clone was a bug that was patched and no longer occurs.
  • jeganj1961nub18_ESO
    jeganj1961nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well now after I kill the ghost warriors I fight her some then she jumps on a pillar and orders the Warriors and nothing happens. I can't get to her on pillar. I'm tired of quitting and having to start over.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this for the vr10 zone, I had this problem where she would keep resetting and I would have to start the fight all over again, but it didn't seem difficult other than that.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • jeganj1961nub18_ESO
    jeganj1961nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I figured it out after much trial and error. You start fighting her - pretty easy-- then she jumps on a pillar and orders the ghost warriors to attack. I was stretching them out around the water and statues, etc. The problem is you have to save a few and kill them in the area between the pillars where you fight her. Then Septima Tharn will come down with her previously reduced health, you fight a little, then she jumps up on another pillar and call on the ghosts. Again be sure to defeat the last ones in that main area where you fight her then she comes down and you finish her off. Glad I figured that out with no help from Customer Support who did not have a clue.
  • Dagonna
    Dagonna
    ✭✭
    It's bugged. I simply could not get anything to happen after Septima Tharn jumps onto the pillar. Nothing spawned, and I couldn't reach her with any weapon or spell. I was beat up so bad, I would have probably lost the fight anyway! I'm bummed out on that quest, as my character has a terrible time with the Harvesters.

-Follow up- I think I had not completed one step in the previous quest, causing my issue above. So it no longer appears bugged for me. I just completed the quest and it was awesome.
    Edited by Dagonna on September 1, 2014 3:18PM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagonna wrote: »
    -Follow up- I think I had not completed one step in the previous quest, causing my issue above. So it no longer appears bugged for me. I just completed the quest and it was awesome.

Which step had you not completed? 'Cause this is totally bugged for me and in the same way. Kill undead, she doesn't come down from the pillar and can't be targeted. Tried relogging and all and no luck.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes for Update 5:

To Walk on Far Shores: All steps of this quest will now display map pins properly. We also fixed an issue where Septima Tharn could become stuck on the pillars in The Far Shores, which was preventing you from completing the quest.

Also, when I had the same issue as you, CS advised me to make sure to kill the last ghost inside the pillar area. I ended up bringing a friend with me (which apparently also prevents the bug) and that way I was able to get through it.

The only thing is that I won't be able to help my friend when it's their turn to do this quest, as I'll be invisible. Unless my alt finishes the main story.
    The Moot Councillor