Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag after update

Silver-Sabre
Silver-Sabre
✭✭✭
Has anyone noticed really bad lag since update.. Did they change something ..? Trying to set my graphics to medium now to see if that helps.. Can't play effectively like this..
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None seen your really bad lag. All on pts right now (lol).
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, since update 1.3-ish
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not noticed any more or any less lag since the last update.

What will cause some lag right now is if your launcher is trying to apply the 5GB PTS patch, that messes up game performance.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Silver-Sabre,

Lag has a few different meanings in a support sense, so in order to assist with the issue we'd like to clarify the lag that you're experiencing. Is this a network issue (I press a button and it takes a few seconds for the action to occur), or a performance issue (drops in frames per second, other performance issues)?

Since you're lowering your settings as a troubleshooting step, we'll guess that it's an FPS/performance issue and post some steps to help with that. If it happens to be the other kind of lag, let us know and we'll be happy to edit the troubleshooting to be more relevant to your issue.

In patch 1.4.3, we added two new sliders for particle effects in the Video settings. These are called "Maximum Particle Systems" and "Particle Suppression Distance." Lowering these settings helps with FPS issues significantly.

The display mode also has a large impact on performance. Settings the display mode to Fullscreen as opposed to Fullscreen (Windowed) or just Windowed will take greater advantage of your system's capabilities.

Give these steps a shot and let us know if they help. If not, we'll be happy to continue helping!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • stumpy999
    stumpy999
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff I see

Character can move but no animations like swapping weapons or doing spells. Can last over a minute

Character can move but nobody else is moving even falling guys hover in the air. Doesn't come back you have to log.

Character starts an action but it's unresponsive, or the action happens seconds after the initiation event. You re-initiate, and end up doing something several times without need. The screen catches up after 3-30 secs. It doesn't effect everyone but you get moans in chat so it isn't just you.

You move then suddenly you are 10m away from where you were and usually engaged. (no, chains were not involved just a weird teleport)

Responsiveness drops it's like being in treacle, nothing happens in the time expected but it isn't just you. Everyone is sluggish.

You approach a location and suddenly you are in a loading screen and then back at base camp.

In the middle of a fight situation you find yourself mashing the poor keyboard/mouse trying by force to somehow drive the sprite to do the action requested.

Now, with the same PC, graphics card, and settings there can be no issue, or it can be awful.

I notice it more in euro zone evening.

But let me extend a hand of welcome to a Dev or even an Analyst - Come and play Cyrodill in the evening with us. Then you will understand just how broken it can be sometimes.
  • thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Our group of 12 were having some serious lag issues last Saturday I think it was. I then noticed people complaining in the Crag zone chat about it. Everything just froze for about 3 seconds and then would fire back up to normal. Critters would be about two steps in a different place when things popped back to normal. Very odd. Our group disbanded after a while because of it. It was too annoying. Didn't see it happen the following day though. Server glitch maybe?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Return of the "Loading Screen of Death" tonight, running around Stormhaven and had to log out after the server got it's knickers in a twist...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm have lag and other issues since the update. see my recent post:

Anyone else having serious lag, phasing, and other issues since the 1.4.6 update?