The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran City of Ash Anticipation Thread

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's what's out there so far...

Achievement:

A World On Fire

In Veteran City of Ash, make a pact with the Frigid Tome, then defeat Valkyn Skoria.

Artwork:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbXmx8xAt6Q

Discussion:

Is there anything in terms of types of fights, bosses, or mob mechanics that you hope to (not) see? I am going to take a wild guess that this one will be extremely heavy on fire-based damage. Should be fun for you vampires.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of fire that one shots any player who is a vampire even with maxed out spell\fire resistances.

More puzzles that require all four members to trigger something.

A boss that required a tank instead of just 4 dps with off heals.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Lots of fire that one shots any player who is a vampire even with maxed out spell\fire resistances.

More puzzles that require all four members to trigger something.

A boss that required a tank instead of just 4 dps with off heals.

Sounds fun!
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Achievement:

A World On Fire

In Veteran City of Ash, make a pact with the Frigid Tome, then defeat Valkyn Skoria.

Artwork:

Discussion:

Is there anything in terms of types of fights, bosses, or mob mechanics that you hope to (not) see? I am going to take a wild guess that this one will be extremely heavy on fire-based damage. Should be fun for you vampires.

Hoping for a high difficulty level. Pre-vet nerf..or even the level when they accidentally increased vet difficulty.

In other words... if you're decent you'll be able to solo (but it'll be hard). Otherwise you can Duo.

As a vamp NB I'm honestly not too worried about fire.. I'm already used to being squishy...plus nothing a fire enchant (or two) can't help.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who is that guy at start of video? and what armor is he wearing?
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    @Bouvin‌ solo a 4 man vr dungeon? you must be really good ;)

I hope to find some bosses with some good mechanics not just a dps race as most other are.
    Give us something hard to do, serpent trial and vet arena are in the right direction ;)
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bouvin‌ solo a 4 man vr dungeon? you must be really good ;)

I hope to find some bosses with some good mechanics not just a dps race as most other are.
    Give us something hard to do, serpent trial and vet arena are in the right direction ;)

NVM. I thought this was the new solo area haha... Guess I should actually watch the video ;)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they have figured out how they want to deal with vampires being OP in PVP. Make it impossible for vampires to participate in any future endgame content due to overwhelming fire damage. Those that want to participate in the endgame PVE will give in and drop their vamp.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 30, 2014 2:37AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Achievement:

A World On Fire

Artwork:

Discussion:

when do this "city of ash" come out? 1.5? in october? late september?

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've included it on the confirmed list of items when discussing content for Update 5, which should be sometime in mid-to-late October unless there is an unanticipated need to push it back. Hard to tell, though, given how they skipped this month;s edition of "The Road Ahead".

Edited by tinythinker on September 30, 2014 6:37AM

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've included it on the confirmed list of items when discussing content for Update 5, which should be sometime in mid-to-late October unless there is an unanticipated need to push it back. Hard to tell, though, given how they skipped this month;s edition of "The Road Ahead".

thank you for the information.
    ok i just went to the 3rd alliance now and completed the "city of ash" quest inside aldmeri dominion as a public dungeon, Fingaenion lost his wife in the oblivion gate as she did port inside it to save her peoples home. the quest ended and im wondering if this means that this is where the quest will now pick up again for update 5? or is this going to be something entirely different?
    i thought these were realated because of the name of this place you speak of as "city of ash"
    in addition i took a good look at the person in the video you show here and i do believe that guy is Fingaenion, because it sure looks like him and he is even wearing the same armor.
    maybe im wrong, i have no idea.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingaenion, right now in the quest (im looking at him and comparing to the video u showed) is wearing the same armor, has the same hair, and is only wielding 1 sword exactly like the man in your video at start.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you finish the quest right now, Fingaenion's wife speaks with Molag Bal, he states that if she enters that oblivion gate then he will allow for the gate to be closed. immediate after she entered i tried to follow her but something inside the oblivion gate threw me out.
    as soon as she enters that gate and it closes, thats when Fingaenion shows up, hes very angry and asks you where his wife went.
    you tell him of what happened and he swears to read a book on oblivion gates and swears vengance.
    this is where the scene and quest stops.
    i am leaning toward the belief that indeed this is a continuation of "the city of ash" dungeon quest.
    i sure hope it's true and also i hope we do see this continuation now in patch 1.5.0
    that would realy be awesome, im starting to like this game now with this as it has definately drawn me into the story.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adding 1 vr dung isn't what I had in mind with new content every couple off weeks, but well, I wasn't expecting only forced group content to be added either...
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this is more important then people realize, this has serious good stuff ahead in my opinion.
    i hope to hear more about this.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Achievement:

A World On Fire

Artwork:

Discussion:

They showed us a good bit of the instance at the guild summit, and there is.... sooo much fire. To balance it out though, there is tons of poison in the Imperial City prison. So basically, time to cure you Vamp/WW status ;]
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »

Achievement:

A World On Fire

Artwork:

Discussion:

They showed us a good bit of the instance at the guild summit, and there is.... sooo much fire. To balance it out though, there is tons of poison in the Imperial City prison. So basically, time to cure you Vamp/WW status ;]

Thank god I'm an Argonian WW I guess!
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.