The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing/Infinite loading screens plaguing Cyrodiil.

Zabus
Zabus
✭✭✭✭
The hotfix that was released hardly fixed anything. PvP is unplayable with the amount of crashing and infinite loading screens still prevalent in the game. Can't port anywhere without getting an obscenely long loading screen which prompts me to force close. I then log back into cyro just to get another endless cycle.
Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @xsfkxnub19_ESO,

We are continuing our efforts to clean up performance and crashing issues in Cyrodiil. This process is ongoing and something that we are addressing incrementally with new patches. We know that it's frustrating to see performance issues, but we can assure you that we are working on this.

In the meantime, we have added two sliders for particle effects, which will increase your performance in all areas of the game if they are lowered. If you head to Settings > Video, the sliders are titled Maximum Particle Systems and Particle Suppression Distance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA‌, while I am sure your post is appreciated, I suspect the OP is referring to the issues that were introduced - coincidentally - at the same time as the particle settings you refer to. It's a new issue, that was improved by the recent patch but not entirely resolved.

Any acknowledgement on that front?
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Garion,

Aye. Performance issues and crashes in Cyrodiil are an ongoing project. We're aware that some folks have improved since 1.4.3, and some of noticed crashing/FPS issues when they had no problems the past. We're working to hit that happy medium of no one crashing. We appreciate the patience and additional reports in the meantime.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    @ZOS_GaryA‌, while I am sure your post is appreciated, I suspect the OP is referring to the issues that were introduced - coincidentally - at the same time as the particle settings you refer to. It's a new issue, that was improved by the recent patch but not entirely resolved.

Any acknowledgement on that front?

Yes, I've had an increase in crashing/infinite loading screens as of the latest patch. The settings @ZOS_GaryA‌ recommend lowering are already set to their lowest values. I'm not exactly sure what problem was introduced with this latest patch, but I'm unable to play as I experience problems porting anywhere.

Edit: I'm also seeing what seems to be an AoE crash. Where entire groups of people are crashing within a certain distance of each other. It seems to be a chain reaction that is limited to a certain radius.
    Edited by Zabus on September 30, 2014 10:00PM
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just in Cyrodiil. Same stuff happens in raids too. Seems like there is an enormous delay for the servers to transmit data.
  • Heresiarch
    @ZOS_GaryA My group and I, after having many problems in Cyrodiil this evening (really bad lag, server crashes, and client crashes), were chatting afterwards, and felt that being in a group made it almost certain that some group members would experience the crash to desktop and subsequent loading issues. And, like somebody on Reddit pointed out, when one person crashes to desktop, another person will probably crash - snowball/domino effect. This exact scenario happened to me this evening - a group member and I crashed at the same time. And I was unable to log in to the game immediately (game wouldn't load, "unable to connect" thing), thereby losing my spot in the Thornblade queue. I had to queue again. And right after I got back in after re-entering the queue, the Thornblade server crashed... again. And while I usually get sent directly back to Thornblade, this wasn't the case after the final server crash.

However, It's very important to note I played on Tuesday evening without a group and did not crash once. Because the server crashed immediately after getting right back in tonight, I couldn't test this further, unfortunately, due to the queue. But I think this has a lot to do with the crashes to desktop.

An aside regarding performance: I play with the particle sliders all the way down, but I am not sure these settings are helping. Quite honestly, my performance was a lot better prior to 1.4, and server stability has gotten absolutely abysmal since 1.4. So yeah... count me in as one of the folks who had no issues in 1.3 and am plagued by them now. :(

And also important to point out that the less-populated campaigns aren't having these problems (crashing, lag). My guild mates are thinking about playing on a different server than Thornblade, but those other servers are all dominated by one faction, and that's incredibly boring. What to do? People want to go where the action is, but playing on the action-packed server (Thornblade) is as painful as going to a 1-faction dominated map and getting rolled by their 50-day emperor and crew.

Anyway, I already submitted a ticket about all of these issues and can submit another if you think it would be necessary/helpful.

Edited by Heresiarch on October 2, 2014 3:23AM