Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate Not Firing in Combat

Goibot
Goibot
✭✭✭
I have a V12 Templar and a V14 Sorcerer, Both are vampires and use Devouring Swarm as an Ultimate. With the Templar I can do an explosive charge to the mobs (3 wasps or 5 scorpians in Craglorn for example) and then hit the key for my ultimate only to beat on the key till death with no bats ever flying. Revive at the wayshrine Hit the R key just to see if I was dreaming and they fire off normally.

I have bugged in game numerous times. This makes the combat feel like just broken crap. Beta was better than this. Works on the V14 Sorcerer like it should. Just the Templar!
Edited by Goibot on September 29, 2014 8:58PM
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS can you please confirm that this is a known issue and is there a fix in the works?
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swap Explosive Charge with Invasion.

Explosive Charge has an global cool down, so when you use it, you can not do anything for about 1.5 seconds after. (which makes this skill useless)

Any skill that has a global cool down is not worth loading ever on your bar
    Focused Charge (an its morphs Explosive Charge & Topling Charge) all have global cool downs.

To make it even worst, if you try to trigger an ultimate during a global cool down, it can get eaten (the server takes away your ultimate count but does not trigger the spell) so this means even after the 1.5 seconds, you can't cast the ultimate as the server thinks your ultimate is zero (even tho your client shows its usable)

There are only 4 spells in game which appear to have global cool downs, Templar's get two of them.
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Swap Explosive Charge with Invasion.

Explosive Charge has an global cool down, so when you use it, you can not do anything for about 1.5 seconds after. (which makes this skill useless)

Any skill that has a global cool down is not worth loading ever on your bar
    Focused Charge (an its morphs Explosive Charge & Topling Charge) all have global cool downs.

To make it even worst, if you try to trigger an ultimate during a global cool down, it can get eaten (the server takes away your ultimate count but does not trigger the spell) so this means even after the 1.5 seconds, you can't cast the ultimate as the server thinks your ultimate is zero (even tho your client shows its usable)

There are only 4 spells in game which appear to have global cool downs, Templar's get two of them.

What you say could explain some of this. Thanks for replying and please take a look at this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/111424/devouring-swarm-issues-bugged#latest
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other issue with playing a Templar, at the moment, your ultimate count (client side) is wrong. It appears to be out by 10% So make sure you have 10% MORE ultimate then you normally need before trying bat swam.

What armor are you using? seducer set?

Maybe its the passive Prism +2 ultimate when activating a sun ability.
    Which is increase your ulimate count on the client side but not the server. But for now, I don't trust the ultimate count and let it go over by 10% before trying to use it
    Edited by Natjur on September 30, 2014 9:54PM
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The other issue with playing a Templar, at the moment, your ultimate count (client side) is wrong. It appears to be out by 10% So make sure you have 10% MORE ultimate then you normally need before trying bat swam.

What armor are you using? seducer set?

What add on do you use to give you the % on the ulti? Their standard minimalistic ui doesn't give squat. Not using seducer set, 5 pieces of song of Lame and 3 of Magnus. All light and dual sticks atm. I have used all Plate with him and have leveled all weapon skills in the early days b4 Craglorn. Finally gave up and made a Sorcerer as my main.