Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Remove forward camps from the game

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Krinaman wrote: »
    Removing tents will result in a far worse game. It will make zerging worse not better.

Large groups will simply ride behind the lines and 50/50 keeps with ease.

Meanwhile most of the players will end up playing the spawn point cha cha. Where one side pushes towards the others spawn point but it takes longer and longer to get back in the fight. So then the side closer to the spawn has the advantage so they push back. With even populations this just be Zerg on zerg for hours on end.

Preventing a hundred people from instantly appearing at a keep at any location of the map at any time is in no way, shape, or form "making zerging worse not better".

Allowing people to respawn instantly 20 meters from where they just died over and over and over does indeed "make zerging worse not better".

Of course it does. If a zerg attacks a keep and there's no one there atm - then it's gone. With camps and a few messages in /zone you can at least try to get a bunch of randoms to defend a keep.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep fc's. Just make some changes to them. There are a ton of different ways they could be nerfed or changed so they don't play as big of roll. I don't want to see them go though as the map would become more stale, less dynamic, and you'd find yourself playing horse simulator more often than not.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think changes should be made, but I myself don't want FCs removed from the game. I don't mind walking somewhere, but losing keeps soley because you could not make it in time would get old.

make it to where you spawn with heavily reduced stats, and where you can only spawn if you are in the radius. Also make it to where you cannot put them inside a keep.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Removing tents will result in a far worse game. It will make zerging worse not better.

Large groups will simply ride behind the lines and 50/50 keeps with ease.

Meanwhile most of the players will end up playing the spawn point cha cha. Where one side pushes towards the others spawn point but it takes longer and longer to get back in the fight. So then the side closer to the spawn has the advantage so they push back. With even populations this just be Zerg on zerg for hours on end.

Preventing a hundred people from instantly appearing at a keep at any location of the map at any time is in no way, shape, or form "making zerging worse not better".

Allowing people to respawn instantly 20 meters from where they just died over and over and over does indeed "make zerging worse not better".

Of course it does. If a zerg attacks a keep and there's no one there atm - then it's gone. With camps and a few messages in /zone you can at least try to get a bunch of randoms to defend a keep.

FORWARD camps are not even meant to be used defensively. They are for purposes of attacking. Defense should be relying on TRANSIT/SUPPLY routes..not a FC being placed inside a keep....

Remove camps from the game and greatly increase the HP of walls so a group cant steamroll it in 2 minutes. If the defensive faction has been doing its job a proper transit route will allow travel. If the offense is coordinated then they have hopefully cut off the supply chain. There, I just made cyrodiil a better place.

Edited by c0rp on September 29, 2014 8:20PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭

The problem is your solution doesn't really help either of these problems.

Large groups can simply ride behind enemy lines and knock out transit before the opposing side even knows the keep is under attack. But for the sake of argument let's say it stops this, the zerg problem is even worse. Because people won't be off behind enemy lines but at the front line with everyone else.

With fixed respawn points people will simply fight between the two closest spawn points. Just like every other game with fixed spawn points. Endless cha cha between two spawn points.

The lack of forward camp makes going anywhere else unsustainable so everybody will be at one of the cha cha lines. The only thing pulling them away would be to go sneak a backline keep. But if you prevent that through your changes the only reason to not be at the front line is gone. Effectively everybody will be at one of three fronts or running back to it.

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is your solution doesn't really help either of these problems.

Large groups can simply ride behind enemy lines and knock out transit before the opposing side even knows the keep is under attack. But for the sake of argument let's say it stops this, the zerg problem is even worse. Because people won't be off behind enemy lines but at the front line with everyone else.

With fixed respawn points people will simply fight between the two closest spawn points. Just like every other game with fixed spawn points. Endless cha cha between two spawn points.

The lack of forward camp makes going anywhere else unsustainable so everybody will be at one of the cha cha lines. The only thing pulling them away would be to go sneak a backline keep. But if you prevent that through your changes the only reason to not be at the front line is gone. Effectively everybody will be at one of three fronts or running back to it.

Funny, I didnt see this happening at all when FCs were broken for months.

• Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what game you were playing then. As I recall it was, transit to the closest keep, run up to the battle line. Cha Cha back and forth. While the forums were full of people complaining that it was a horse riding simulator.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what game you were playing then. As I recall it was, transit to the closest keep, run up to the battle line. Cha Cha back and forth. While the forums were full of people complaining that it was a horse riding simulator.

I recall battles taking place all over the map, battles being WON or LOST as opposed to a constant resurrection of players 20m away, supply lines making a difference, the map actually feeling LARGE, no 100 man zerg balls creating enough lag to crash servers, no one suiciding to teleport across the map to form a new zerg ball, death having a consequence, and a generally - all around better time than the current state of cyrodiil provides.

In addition, with full speed horses and rapid maneuvers (which most everyone has now) being forced to res and ride out is not a big deal (it is a perfect consequence of death imo).

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Removing FC would improve the overall player experience by alot. Ofcourse keep walls needs more HP. But it's important we get this change FAST.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    What if forward camps were never "used up" but they cost like 50,000 AP? Wouldn't that be interesting? They only way to get rid of them is if the enemy destroys them.
    Troll camps everywhere.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    Removing FC would improve the overall player experience by alot. Ofcourse keep walls needs more HP. But it's important we get this change FAST.

How is my experience in ESO, for which I pay a monthly fee to be able to play, improved by wasting time not PvP-ing when I want to PvP? How is my monthly subscription worth waiting up to an hour in the campaign queue, riding around ages, fighting couple minutes, wait some time for the debuffs some of you propose to be gone, then ride back to the fight, which by then is likely over and a new couple-min battle to be sought? I pay my subscription largely to play in Cyrodiil for PvP, not for horse simulator, not for standing around with debuffs, not for flipping keeps back and forth depending if the enemy just had the same issue of all being far away with debuffs, I pay to PvP, the longer the better.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsciw wrote: »
    Zubba wrote: »

How is my experience in ESO, for which I pay a monthly fee to be able to play, improved by wasting time not PvP-ing when I want to PvP? How is my monthly subscription worth waiting up to an hour in the campaign queue, riding around ages, fighting couple minutes, wait some time for the debuffs some of you propose to be gone, then ride back to the fight, which by then is likely over and a new couple-min battle to be sought? I pay my subscription largely to play in Cyrodiil for PvP, not for horse simulator, not for standing around with debuffs, not for flipping keeps back and forth depending if the enemy just had the same issue of all being far away with debuffs, I pay to PvP, the longer the better.

If you want to keep Cyrodiil a "Call of Duty" playstyle, why dont you just play CoD?

Most people want Cyrodiil to have at least SOME strategy involved with death consequences. Not res at camp, aoe, die, res at camp, aoe, die, res at camp, aoe, die. Yeah...no, thanks. We want the cyrodiil back that we had when camps were broken.

• Nightfall33
    On it's a grate thing it let's you maintain pressure on far towers and so help your team remove pressure on your side of the map