Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Guar of Your Own"

• Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    No one is curious if this "guar" code is just a scuttler?

If that happens I will laugh so hard it will hurt for a week.
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting, but not sure why there are so many complaints. Europeans, ok, i can see the $16-$18 or so shipping fee being an issue. Understandable. But the pet (like any other pet) does absolutely nothing. It does not attack, it does not buff, it doesn't even die when you die. It is not a benefit, and you are not required to have it to play this game. Why anyone would complain about it existing in the game makes no sense to me.
    Orchish wrote: »
    So is there no in-game way to acquire this? I have to pay ? despite the fact i am paying a sub fee correct?
    Yes, Orc, you do. This game is not a handout. Sometimes, if you want something more, you have to earn it. Simply "showing up to the game every day" doesn't earn it any more than "showing up to work every day" earns a promotion and a raise.
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea how long they take to dispatch? Ordered mine about 23 seconds after the announcement was made. Just wondering if it is likely to get here to the UK while I am on holiday in August. Am having it delivered to work anyway but wondering if I should tell them to open the box and make sure he is fed and cuddled properly until I get back.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guar is so cute, I want one so I can name him Rollie and sleep with him at night. But man, that pricetag :(
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get the blasted plush shipped to Brazil, any way to obtain the item code without have to ship the plush? I'm willing to pay the same price for the code.
  • Laurelinde
    Oh Bethesda, you saw me coming a mile away! I have been after a guar to cuddle since Morrowind came out. I will be checking the post constantly until the lil' guy is with me!
    Bright-Marsh-Iris / Ebonheart Pact EU
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea how long they take to dispatch? Ordered mine about 23 seconds after the announcement was made. Just wondering if it is likely to get here to the UK while I am on holiday in August. Am having it delivered to work anyway but wondering if I should tell them to open the box and make sure he is fed and cuddled properly until I get back.

I'm in the UK as well and I ordered it from gamingheads the day it was announced. I got an email today stating that my guar will be delivered by Hermes and that it should arrive 2-3 working days after I received the email although it may take longer
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this will sell in Game Store too.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/

There is a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound.

I can't really say I'm a fan of this. If this was LoL or another F2P game, I'd have zero problem with it, as I understand businesses need to make money to survive and continue producing the content I consume. But, this is ESO, a subscription based game, and I'm paying $15 a month along with the $60 box price to play it. I feel like these little vanity items should be available in purchase in-game for in-game gold.

I agreed with you!!
    Edited by EIGHTS on July 17, 2014 8:37PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »

I'm in the UK as well and I ordered it from gamingheads the day it was announced. I got an email today stating that my guar will be delivered by Hermes and that it should arrive 2-3 working days after I received the email although it may take longer

I ordered from Bethsoft directly and no sign yet of any sort of dispatch or change in my order status :(
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pittoo28
    Pittoo28
    Soul Shriven
    I wonder if there is someone like me out there who didnt just get it for the code...
  • Jorlan
    Jorlan
    Soul Shriven
    Pittoo28 wrote: »
    I wonder if there is someone like me out there who didnt just get it for the code...

There most certainly is :smiley:, said person can't wait for it to arrive either.
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    Shipping date just got pushed to Aug. 4th :(
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    My guar ordered from gamingheads arrived today :P just a shame my comp is currently out of action until tomorrow
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • jerzey_gamer
    This thing is adorable! I might actually consider buying this haha. And everyone that's complaining about not being able to get the pet without purchasing the plush needs to relax - it's just an aesthetic item. Unless they start selling more useful, powerful items in the store, then it shouldn't be an issue.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Devolus wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Guar of Your Own. How can you resist that little face! :3

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Can we please get a screenshot of the pet Guar in-game?
    Sure, here ya go!

oqsztlfb6l47.jpg
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting, but not sure why there are so many complaints. Europeans, ok, i can see the $16-$18 or so shipping fee being an issue. Understandable. But the pet (like any other pet) does absolutely nothing. It does not attack, it does not buff, it doesn't even die when you die. It is not a benefit, and you are not required to have it to play this game. Why anyone would complain about it existing in the game makes no sense to me.
    Orchish wrote: »
    So is there no in-game way to acquire this? I have to pay ? despite the fact i am paying a sub fee correct?
    Yes, Orc, you do. This game is not a handout. Sometimes, if you want something more, you have to earn it
    So paying real world cash is earning in-game items now, is it? Other games call it MT.

Personally I'm fine with it, but your condescending put-down is kind of amusing considering what it is you actually inferred you support.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 23, 2014 7:56PM
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Devolus wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Guar of Your Own. How can you resist that little face! :3

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Can we please get a screenshot of the pet Guar in-game?
    Sure, here ya go!

oqsztlfb6l47.jpg

Awesome! Now I can buy this plushie in confidence ;P
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    xpmyqh.jpg
    73plk8.jpg
    Edited by lancepro on July 24, 2014 8:17AM
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • Pittoo28
    Pittoo28
    Soul Shriven
    Jorlan wrote: »
    Pittoo28 wrote: »

There most certainly is :smiley:, said person can't wait for it to arrive either.

Got mine today but the account page is closed ofr maintenance. :'(
  • Pittoo28
    Pittoo28
    Soul Shriven
    There was supposed to be a for inn front of maintenance
  • Pittoo28
    Pittoo28
    Soul Shriven
    and inn was supposed to in
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got my Guar today. He is absolutely Squee!
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray for the guar plush and the pet guar! :smile:
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid... I don't want the plush and I don't want to pay $20 plus $20 to a sum of nearly $40 AUD just for the in game pet. Its been my favorite animal in TES since I played morrowind too.. Got to be honest, this game is not "amazing" due to terrible design principles and now its putting stupid prize tags over the top of a Sub game for things that alter in game. (yes the pet does not alter "game play" in a dmg or something way but it does alter my "completionist" way of playing unless I pay a stupid amount on top of sub fees....)
  • Chantel
    Chantel
    Soul Shriven
    My guar has arrived today. To redeem the code I must first enter a Game Registration Code which was never emailed to me. (I've heard it's applied "directly" if you purchase online edition). I've purchased online Imperial edition and now to get this pet I don't have the code. What can I do?
    Edited by Chantel on August 8, 2014 5:57PM
  • Chantel
    Chantel
    Soul Shriven

So now I've confirmed that if you buy a digital edition the Game Registration Code is "automatically applied" to activate your account. To redeem Guar in game I need to enter this code first, and then the code that comes with a plush toy. How should I figure out Game Registration Code if I bought digital Imperial edition and I don't have this code (It's not in my email and neither it is in my Spam box) ? The codes given on the billing history page don't work. Does it mean I now need to go to the store and buy a physical edition to get this code?
    Edited by Chantel on August 8, 2014 7:44PM
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way we could get some sort of loyalty points to allow long-time subs to acquire these kinds of in-game pets? A kind of middle-ground. Not necessarily giving all long-term subs this pet, but giving them a choice after some time to pick among some exclusive stuff. That wouldn't outright disincentivise people from purchasing the toys because they would still get the codes immediately, while the rest of us wait. And. Annnnnd! It would make subs happy.
    Edited by KenjiJU on September 29, 2014 3:50PM