The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Guar of Your Own"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Guar of Your Own. How can you resist that little face! :3
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cute. Can we get guar pets in game without buying it?
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on July 15, 2014 5:39PM
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "We will not sell in game items in our game store"

I'm fine with pets and frilly stuff in your store. Just don't cross that line into powerful mounts and useful items please.

The starter mount already upset a lot of players, but I chalked that up to the starter box set.

Some will be upset you are selling stuff we can not earn in the game.
    Edited by Blackwidow on July 15, 2014 6:03PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Official because you didn't like the fact I already had a post up about it before you lot did? :p
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

I'm fine with pets and frilly stuff in your store. Just don't cross that line into mounts and useful items please.

I don't think they ever said that. Unless they were referring to the distinction you just made between cosmetic things like pets/mounts and actual items.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    Make it an in-game pack mule to carry 100 spaces, then it might sell.
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    Can we have a European outlet so we don't get slammed by shipping and import taxes?
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Include an in-game Guar mount, preferably armored, and I'll buy it :P
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

I'm fine with pets and frilly stuff in your store. Just don't cross that line into powerful mounts and useful items please.

The starter mount already upset a lot of players, but I chalked that up to the starter box set.

Some will be upset you are selling stuff we can not earn in the game.
    Agree and I'm one of those who will not support cash shop items in a subscription game. Would have bought it for my nephew if it were just the plush toy but not now.
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot of the guar pet in-game please?
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How different from the Scuttler will this be?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always said the only ES item of merchandise I would buy would be a cuddly guar. He is now ordered and Corky Jr will take his rightful place by my PC. It works out to be about £20 in UK money including the shipping. I am not that stuffed about the pet as l tend not to use them but maybe l can learn to love a guar of my own.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    REQUEST:

Can we please have pets not take up space in the inventory?

You might sell a few more if you do that.

Thanks. :)
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ba615bb797b08cb7cf62463d4822e886.jpg
    Edited by dannymcgr81b14_ESO on July 15, 2014 6:24PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awww, he soo cute :smile:
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    Order placed! Waiting ~2 weeks for that redemption code is gonna be a little tough.
    Edited by lancepro on July 15, 2014 7:21PM
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • Vashir
    Vashir
    ✭✭
    I ordered one, they are cute. The rest of you... if they handed out 20k free gold I think you'd all complain that it wasn't shiny enough.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    make the ingame pet available as a ultimatly hard drop rate in 3-4 months time and i'll let this muck up slide.
    Edited by dsalter on July 15, 2014 6:41PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Bah humbug to you all. lol

*hugs plush guar and shoves money at Zeni*

But yeah...fun items only (and I really don't care if they sale some mounts as long as they don't go faster than your fastest mount or you still must level it from 0.)

Cosmetic stuff, pets, silly things...I'm ok with 100%. Don't sale stuff that makes people have an advantage just because they have more cash in real life.
    Edited by kassandratheclericb14_ESO on July 15, 2014 6:47PM
  • Vashir
    Vashir
    ✭✭
    Luckily this is just about the plush guar and pet, and none of the other things some of you are worried about :-o
  • jay122897_ESO
    jay122897_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Let me first say I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan. I loved all the games and they keep getting better and better. Having an online version now is absolutely awesome. With that being said....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't go down this route. There are too many lame games out there that do this "do u wanna be the envy of your friends by having this pet/mount etc?...then buy this addon (or in this case a stuffed toy) to get your code to redeem it in game". I feel it cheapens the game and I would rather earn (by achieve or doing "x" number of quests) an in-game item like this. Also too many F2P games pull this stuff just to get $$ out of players. This is a subscription based game and anything you could want should be in-game somehow (achievements, quest rewards, or even just playing for a certain amount of time). This is just my opinion and I felt the need to say it. Again I do love the game and look forward to some of the stuff I've heard is coming.
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are probably the only thing I'm willing to buy from a cash shop, and a tiny guar was the first thing I wanted as a pet when I saw one.

Well-played, ZOS.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goibot wrote: »
    Make it an in-game pack mule to carry 100 spaces, then it might sell.

You'd be amazed at how fast those in-game pack mules can get killed off by a pack of wolves or skeever. And then die with all your stuff on them. And they also have an annoying habit of wandering off to agro any monster group in the area while you're trying to sneak. Not to mention all the fun you'll have when you and your group is fighting your way through a group dungeon while trying to keep all your packies alive.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on July 15, 2014 7:13PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • pierceoftheender
    I NEED THIS!!!
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Price: 20$
    Shipping Price: 18$

Anyone found the error?
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there no in-game way to acquire this? I have to pay ? despite the fact i am paying a sub fee correct?
  • DeathTrap
    DeathTrap
    ✭✭
    Devolus wrote: »
    Screenshot of the guar pet in-game please?

Yeah - I'd really like to see what the pet looks like in game.
    Cake is a lie. Pie is truth. Cookies are uncertainty. Muffins are the minions of a false God.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    The toy looks like a nice little thing and the 'bonus' in game pet seems good.

I have bought the imperial edition of the game so it is not fair for me to complain about this being a cash shop item for in game use (the ingame pet).

I do have a problem with buying the plush though!

I went via Bethesda store and saw the following;

Guar Plush = $20

Shipping to my home address = $16

Total = $36

I'm not going to suggest that we should not pay shipping. However having the shipping added almost doubles the price of the Guar Plush for me.

As much as I am tempted to buy several of the toys for friends and me, I'm out!

Just under £12 for the plush is reasonable but the £9+ for shipping makes the toy just too expensive.

Those that buy this toy - enjoy it.
    Edited by Night_Watch on July 15, 2014 7:56PM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lancepro wrote: »
    Order placed! Waiting ~2 weeks for that redemption code is gonna be a little tough.

Just curious, where does it say this? I'm reading from my phone so it's entirely likely I missed it, but I can't find it. :(

And $16-$18 for shipping? Ouch. Was $5 for me. :/
    Edited by ebondeath on July 15, 2014 8:03PM
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    ebondeath wrote: »
    lancepro wrote: »
    And $16-$18 for shipping? Ouch. Was $5 for me. :/

Yep $16 to ship to UK.

Almost doubles the item sale price and is unacceptable. [EDIT: 'unacceptable to me - hence I will not buy. Others may well find the shipping fee acceptable and that is just fine!]
    Edited by Night_Watch on July 15, 2014 8:24PM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a screenshot because I too am wondering how much different this will look from the Scuttler pet. For those of you asking how to get the in-game pet without the toy I'm sure you'll see the codes go up on eBay by tomorrow.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.