The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again" at least once an hour

thorntk421
thorntk421
✭✭✭
Since patch 1.3.4 I'm getting kicked out of game with this error. It's happening at least once an hour. Sometimes every twenty minutes or so.
Anyone have know what's causing it?
  • SVKFrankenstein
    Yup , have same problem after 1.3.4 . Happened to me in and even out of Cyrodiil . Everything except me stops moving , skills stop responding and after 1-2 minutes i am kicked out with - "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again" ...
    Every 10-30 minutes ...
    Memory leak was bad but this is even more anoying ...
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see someone else with this problem. It's odd. Sometimes I can play a couple hours without it happening but, most of the time it's occurring every 20-30 minutes. Are you running any add-on's SVKFrankenstein? Im going to try running without add-on's tonight and see what happens.(which is gonna suck)
  • Stonepig
    Stonepig
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. Tried running with and without add-on's, windowed and full screen. Nothing seems to make a difference, I'm continuing to crash and get this message. It's pretty close to making me want to take an extended break till they sort this out.
  • SVKFrankenstein
    thorntk421 wrote: »
    Are you running any add-on's SVKFrankenstein? Im going to try running without add-on's tonight and see what happens.(which is gonna suck)

Yeah , i am using addons . Already tried to turn them off , turn client off an on . Also tried almost all of their suggestions in -"Known Technical Issues & Troubleshooting" topic . Nothing helped .
    I am pretty sure its another problem on their end which they created with 1.3.4 ...
    Never had these problems before .
    Its funny how in "other" game i was so excited about new patches and here i started to be scared and dreaded of them ... .
    I was waiting long enough after 1.3.3 for memory leak fix and many bugs fixes in Cyrodiil and now its fixed , i have to wait even more because Zenimax maked situation even worse for me ? Wow ...
  • piraya70
    piraya70
    ✭✭
    same problem here had it since the Server move.EU. Wrote mails to support,but they have been unable to give any solution .They have tried to help, but nothing.Get friendly respons.
    Downloaded the NA server and opend a char to try and see if same problem ocurred,But i had no problems playing the game on the NA server even with a lot of addons.
    Getting pissed of off waiting for a solution that should be easy to solve since they dont have it on the NA server.I have no idea but just feels like it is a easy fix since i can play problemfree on the NA server.
  • lzd
    lzd
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problems of constant disconnects with the uninformative "An Error has occured"-message popping up. I find it rather ridiculous that a game that has launched some months ago is still experiencing such problems at all. Before the last patch I had serious lags, now I just disconnect from the game several times an hour unless I play late at night when the server seems to be working. Some chars can´t even log in when I left the game in the wrong city, as the crowded places (e.g Daggerfall) only work at night.

A very poor job by Zenimax and a major letdown. If they don't fix that soon I want my money back as I refuse to pay for a product that is not working. Instead of adding new features in the patches they should maybe focus on getting the game working first and hire someone to fix the damn netcode.
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    Same for me too, but i can play ok for the first part of the day but if i log off temporarily i can't get back in.
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    lzd wrote: »
    Having the same problems of constant disconnects with the uninformative "An Error has occured"-message popping up. I find it rather ridiculous that a game that has launched some months ago is still experiencing such problems at all. Before the last patch I had serious lags, now I just disconnect from the game several times an hour unless I play late at night when the server seems to be working. Some chars can´t even log in when I left the game in the wrong city, as the crowded places (e.g Daggerfall) only work at night.

A very poor job by Zenimax and a major letdown. If they don't fix that soon I want my money back as I refuse to pay for a product that is not working. Instead of adding new features in the patches they should maybe focus on getting the game working first and hire someone to fix the damn netcode.

the same thing is happening with warframe, there are bugs thats been there for over a year but all they do is bring out new content rather than fixing what they have.
  • Stonepig
    Stonepig
    Soul Shriven
    I increased my RAM from 8 GB to 16 GB. I still crash but now it takes a little longer before I get the "An error has occurred..." crap.
  • owewu
    owewu
    I'm pretty sure it's something related to ip/internet connection. Looked up in forum just to find out this is nothing new. A problem since day 1, you just can't fix it Zenimax?
  • Stonepig
    Stonepig
    Soul Shriven
    I have deleted add-ons, added memory, reset routers. Nothing I have tried has made this go away. If anything it's getting worse. I need to know this is being worked on or my days playing this game are numbered.
  • lzd
    lzd
    Soul Shriven
    One week passed an I was able to play fine from Monday to Friday. Today (Saturday) I am constantly getting booted from the game every few minutes. As the days normal people have time to play are the damn weekends I demand compensation. Its a shame to let your customers pay for errors on your side Zenimax.

This game launched in April and still suffers heavily from server problems. I am no longer your ******* beta tester. I demand compensation instead of getting *** replies by your customer support telling me to check ridiculous things which could never cause such problems, when obviously your server structure / bandwith or netcode is the cause of this problem.

I wrote a last ticket and demanded gametime compensation. Maybe if we all start doing that they will wake up...

Edited by lzd on August 23, 2014 6:18PM
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    you could all help yourselves a touch further by posting logs within a spoiler tag so CS can review them.

for example, ping -t *my provider*.net > log.txt

telling them 'unknown has caused an error' won't help as much

same with hardware issues. Post your dxdiag report along with a description.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • ZOS_AlvinM
    ZOS_AlvinM
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone. This is a known issue that we are actively working to resolve. In the meantime, we've found that some users are able to resolve this on their own by disabling AddOns as mentioned above.

If the issue persists please submit a ticket by copy/pasting this link into a new tab or window: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com . We apologize for the inconvenience and are investigating now to get this issue resolved. Thank you for your understanding.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Acezhigh5
    Acezhigh5
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issues. I can barely make any progess in the game without getting booted out to the login screen. It is quite annoying. I purposely waited to join up thinking that most of the kinks would've been worked out. Guess I should've waited longer.
    Awesome AND Amazing!!!
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be similar to my issue:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/130863/random-disconnects-cant-get-back-on-for-5-10-min-after#latest

Once I get DCed I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I can login again.

PS sorry for those with the same issue, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I was already about to reinstall windows as I tried everything. Seeing this topic suggests it might not be the error on my side.
    Edited by Arundo on September 8, 2014 7:30AM
  • thegreenmonkey69b14_ESO
    I started getting this issue after the latest patch. Games is essentially unplayable since I can rarely even get into the game. And if I'm in the game and have a loading screen, I tend to get dumped with this error.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @thegreenmonkey69b14_ESO,

We have created a support ticket just for you! Our CS will be in contact with you via email shortly. We appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post