The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't do login after last patch

Davide90
Davide90
Soul Shriven
After the launcher has downloaded and installed the patch i can't login with my account, in the screenshot you can see it tells me "you have an invalid or out-dated client. Use the patcher to update your client".
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Davide90,

Did you already try to use the Repair option on the launcher ?
    Players can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on their computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

You can also check if all the updates are correctly installed :
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

If none of these options resolve your issue, please contact our Customer Support Team.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_PierreL
    I have the same issue but instead it reads: "An error has occurred while logging in, please wait a few minutes and try again". I have attempted 5 times already.

I tried following your steps on how to manually update the launcher but these were my problems:
    • Opened "Zenimax Online"
    • There is no folder named "Launcher", only the Launcher application.
    • I use "Show package contents" on the Launcher app. I go Contents > MacOS > And that's where I find "ProgramData"
    • Moved it to trash, check for update, but theres on new update available and I can apparently start the game normally.
    • Which I do
    • It works normally, except I still can't log in.

I then tried repairing it. I didn't want to do that because last time I attempted a repair on this game I had to download 24GBs. The moment I saw that it required a 29GB download this time to fix anything I figured I'd force quit that right on the spot and wait for tomorrow before I try anything again. :unamused:
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, normally when choosing the repair option, the game will not "download" anything, but start to compare file checksums between the data files found on your computer and the references on the CDN, and then only download what is missing or corrupted (checksum mismatch). While doing this, the progress bar says "Downloading", when in fact only the local files are accessed. Progress should be much faster than your maximum download speed.

There has been an update to 1.4.4 today (EU). Does your launcher recognize it and try to download the differential files? Is your game in the /Applications folder on the volume "Macintosh HD"?

If you're using Time Machine, you could move the /Applications/ZeniMax Online folder to the trash, open TM in the /Applications folder, scroll back to the 15th of September (before 1.4.3 hit in EU), and restore the ZeniMax Online folder from that date. Starting the launcher should now try to directly patch to 1.4.4. These are a few Gigs for sure, but much less than the whole game data.
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader Thanks! I ended up doing the repair and as you said it didn't download the whole thing luckily (I have however had to wait for it to download a massive 24GBs before, but it wasn't the case this time it seems :grin: ) Unfortunately the problem still persists, so I took a break from that to play some other PS3 games and saw that any online activity I tried to do sort of failed. I could log in online, but not play online. So it turns out the issue might be on my side. Thanks for all the help though!
  • Seedier
    Seedier
    ✭✭
    After a long absence due to the frequent crashing issue, i tried logging in the hope the mac client has been fixed, as i still have 30 days game time left after cancelling my account; i'm able to log in normally and select character, but when loading said character it just hangs with the quaint spinning beach ball of death...

Repairing didn't make a difference (and tbh i've never seen it make a difference). Gonna download the whole thing again (this must be costing ZOS a fortune in bandwidth) but it really seems ZOS is trying hard not to keep me on as a paying customer, so will be honouring their wishes...

edit: I have (yet again) re-downloaded the entire game but the problem persists... i get to the character selection screen, but when i try to load a character the game just hangs. Opened a ticket, will post any further useful info if something improves before my game time runs out...
    Edited by Seedier on September 29, 2014 7:41PM