Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The Bug Zapper.. Who says Heavy Armor can't be fun? (PvP Video)

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus, stop making awesome videos and tempting me to reroll :stuck_out_tongue:
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you actually use your sword...... its...amazing! you have a new fan:D
    Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you find the magicka and stamina return from the constitution passive?
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh, I can't complain about it, I think it returns 21ish with the setup i'm running right now. Its not super amazing...but its something extra. The biggest thing with Heavy Armor is the Break Free Cost reduction, you'll bloody notice that...esp if ya use Arena.
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just this week I was thinking of trying heavy armor again. Not sure I want to buy the bug zapper armor, but I may try some other crafted set.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that set is broken?
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its hard to say if its broken, or Dual Wield is.

Dual Wields Flurry currently sets it off 100% of the time on all hits, I imagine its the same for every other armor that has a proc as well.

Blood Craze Dot will also proc it as well.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, you're pretty effective I must say. I play a heavy armour DK. My resource pools are quite a bit smaller (2/3 I think). Outnumbered like that, atm I wouldn't have much resources left to think of attacking anyone. Hoping it's because I'm "only" a

P.S. what's the ui mod you're using?
    Edited by Muizer on September 25, 2014 8:30AM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • MurkMuffin
    I must say that you're pretty good. A lot of survivability with a DK, but I can see experience and skill showing in your gameplay. Great work. btw I subscribed to your channel :)
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Breton Sorcerer - Stria

For The Queen!
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even without the bug zapper 5/5 bonus, it's a pretty decent set.

yes i run around with 4-5 heavies as well. the break stuns and overal survavibility is awesome.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in a few 1v1's with decent players that I actually won with the setup...which is surprising.

Next up is trying out my Afflicted Setup changed up a bit.
    Options
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    This set is really interesting...Now imagine if Heavy armor was actually, you know, usefull....
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marthenil wrote: »
    This set is really interesting...Now imagine if Heavy armor was actually, you know, usefull....

I know right?? think of the possibilities.....
    Edited by Cody on October 1, 2014 12:25AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor has some amazing set bonuses, If only it had passive crit resist...because all of the amazing set bonuses it has right now are on armor with no crit resist
    Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor has some amazing set bonuses, If only it had passive crit resist...because all of the amazing set bonuses it has right now are on armor with no crit resist

Having a small amount of crit resist in the heavy armor passives would be a welcome change.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heavy armor having a critical hit resistance passive would be a great way to make it stand out from the other two armors.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea..Just because it'd allow Heavy Armor users to use different traits
    Options
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Yea..Just because it'd allow Heavy Armor users to use different traits
    I think it still wouldn't be enough to make heavy armor useful.
    Still, a step forward.

Edited by Marthenil on October 2, 2014 2:27AM
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about a full set of heavy armor gives 700 crit resist plus unaffected by debuffs?
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they just need to add a damage resistance trait that triggers on 5+ pieces in the skill line. Add it to the Bracing ability.

Give the wearer 2/4% flat damage resistance per piece worn (requiring 2 points in the passive to get 4%). Then you'll see HA wearers be real tanks unrivaled by the LA wearing counterparts. Having a full set of HA, plus being hard capped (with say DK's Spiked Armor) armor and spell resist will make the HA wearer hard as nails vs physical and quite resistant to spell damage as well.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on October 2, 2014 4:47PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they just need to add a damage resistance trait that triggers on 5+ pieces in the skill line. Add it to the Bracing ability.

Give the wearer 2/4% flat damage resistance per piece worn (requiring 2 points in the passive to get 4%). Then you'll see HA wearers be real tanks unrivaled by the LA wearing counterparts. Having a full set of HA, plus being hard capped (with say DK's Spiked Armor) armor and spell resist will make the HA wearer hard as nails vs physical and quite resistant to spell damage as well.

would definitely make the armor more attractive for use. Does not feel right to be dropping players in full steel armor with my arrows much easier than I do the players in the pajama outfits..... lol
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find Heavy Armor able to take far more damage then Light Armor already simply because you can block Longer with it usually if ya have 5 pieces.

Its main problem is when ya can't Block that's when ya start taking damage, Esp when running the really good Set Lines because they have no Crit Resist. You add Passive Crit resist to Heavy Armor and you'd see these lines used more.

I'll use an example of a set I use.

Duroks Bane...This set has a 20% chance on taking damage to apply a 50% healing debuff to the target that damaged you for 5 seconds. This set is incredibly powerful in fights...However it has no Crit Resist. Add a Passive Heavy Armor crit resist and it becomes one of the best PvP sets in the game.
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking at the crafted armor sets to find one that would be worth making as heavy armor, but haven't found one that's worth it. Last weekend I tried 5 pieces of heavy Seducer with 5 pieces Warlock. It was OK, but I definitely noticed reduced effectiveness.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Construct Heavy Armor is interesting..It'll be even better when they Fix Radiant Light from not breaking.

Basically Construct has crit resist on all its set pieces, and the 5 piece is 20% reduction to Critical Hit damage...Basically it cuts the damage from Sneak attacks by 20%. When they fix Radiant light you'll take 70% reduced damage from Sneak attacks with that setup...That is incredibly good for Roaming.
    Options
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into that set tonight. I died and the guy only had to hit me once. Neat set but my rapid strikes killed me not the player.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never taken the radiant light morph; what's broken about it?

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downside to heavy armor is the loss of damage from not wearing light. I can work around the magicka cost and 10% crit isnt a big deal. Spell pen you cant really make up for.
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    The only downside to heavy armor is the loss of damage from not wearing light. I can work around the magicka cost and 10% crit isnt a big deal. Spell pen you cant really make up for.

Almost all of his abilities utilize armor pen. I suppose it's on a per build basis.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

It just flat out stops working after about 10 minutes.
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

It just flat out stops working after about 10 minutes.

That's a bummer. Does relogging fix it? What about taking it off your bar & then putting it back on?

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options