The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tutorial: Activate SLI on Elder Scrolls Online

msawwan2ub17_ESO
msawwan2ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I think SLI support is long long overdue for ESO. unfortunately nvidia is ignoring all the requests I have thrown at them for the last month. so here is a manual method to activate SLI

Zenimax can you somehow spread the word of this thread to other players? many people been asking about SLI supprt!

Why do you want SLI:
-Ultra settings are more fun, or lower settings lag free in pvp.
- or in my case you have 2 strong cards either of them would run easily on ultra butyou just want them to run at 35c both instead of 1 running at 55c. that works too!

This Tutorial is dummy proof, if you know what you are doing skip to step 3 and 4.

==========================

*STEP ONE:
Locate your "NVIDIA Control Panel", in the Control Panel in your computer.

image.png

*STEP TWO:
Make sure SLI is enabled by following 3 simple steps:
-1 select configure SLI, Surround, Phsyx
-2 chose Maximize 3D Performance
-3 when you hit apply your monitor will flash couple of times and then you will see SLI enabled as in the picture

image.png

*STEP THREE:
follow a simple 6 step process to add ESO client into our programs
-1 choose Manage 3D Settings
-2 click on Add
-3 click on browse
-4 locate the ESO client, it should be in the elder scrolls online folder\games\client
-5 choose eso process, or eso.exe an application
-6 click open

image.png

*STEP fOUR:
last step, very simple!
-1 scroll down in the many options you have until you see "SLI rendering mode"
-2 click the arrow next to the single-GPU to change that option
-3 choose either force alternate frame rendering 1 or 2. I personally work with 1, both of them work fine, the difference is that one of them render frames 1,3,5,7 on first card, then 2,4,6,8 on second card. if you chose the other option it does the opposite. (conclusion: both do the same exact thing, just pick any)

image.png

If this was useful to you, Please bump the thread and let us know how it helped you.

Zenimax it might be a good idea to direct players who are requesting sli to this tutorial.

Keep the topic alive!
~~ Mrs Jones ~~
~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
~~ you jelly? ~~
  • hns_ESO
    hns_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Since dumb questions don't seem to exist, i'm going to give it a try:
    What if i have Quad SLI through 2 cards that have 2 GPU's on them, will it still use both cards and not one with 2 GPU's (Build-in SLI)?
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    your game is still using 1 of those cards until you do the following above.

and there are no such things are dumb questions. there are only dumb trolls and so far they not here. lol
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • hns_ESO
    hns_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. By following the above instructions i found that i had the option to choose 3 and 4 GPU rendering mode also. so that kinda answered my question too :-)
  • komeleoneyes
    komeleoneyes
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone still commenting about this? My game gets laggy when I try this method. I get better gameplay when I shut down SLI
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this is no longer needed.
    nvidia finally released the profile so your graphic card do it for you without you needing to go through the steps above

the lag is not from this though. the game is ***.
    lag, crashes, etc. hopefully they'll fix it soon
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~