Do you wear a "SET" of armor?

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Hunding's Rage (3 armour + 2DW)
    4 Ashen Grip armour
    3 Soulshine jewelry

I re-enchanted the Soulshine jewelry, because I can make better enchantments :)
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't make sense. You talking about a set of 5 pieces like Hundlings? Or wearing all medium vs. 5 medium 2 light?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix & Match & Match AGAIN! - I like to mix it up, AND I like a set.
    5m, 2h - I like sets.

I use 4 bits of Nightshade, grrr broken in 1.4...
    5 bits of Night's Silence, grrr also broken in 1.4

(I DW so I get to use 9 set bits without including bling)

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor All & All Alike! - I like to wear one armor class AND I like a set.
    I've never got on with the idea of mixing armour types. I unlocked immovable as a consequence of using heavy for a while on my fighter DK but I've gone all-medium now, and similarly with all my other alts

I like to have a decent set of armour when each round of group dungeons comes up but I don't really like how you don't get to choose what motif style the armour is unless you use crafted sets, which entails lots of researching. I'm probably going to get my argonian nightblade witch doctor walking around in the prissy healer's habit anyway, a hand-me-down from my altmer healer, which I expect will look bad compared to what she's currently using (argonian style light armour) but it might be OK if I dye it all black
    Edited by Stranglehands on September 18, 2014 1:07PM
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll find different answers between people with vet level characters, and people without vet level characters.

In my experience, you get so few set item drops pre vet-level, and level so fast, that it is not worth hoping that you will get a full set of anything for your character for any particular level. I mean I found like one jewelry item for a set at level 18, another item for that set at level 32, and another at level 47 - so over the course of nearly 30 levels I found 3 items of a set, most of which now looks puny in terms of its stats. I had loads of things from loot drops for other sets, but it was hard to get even 2 or 3 of the same set that were appropriate to my level.

Veteran ranks are a different matter though, as you are at a particular rank for a longer period of time (and the difference between VR1 and VR3 is puny compared to the massive difference between lvl 15 and lvl 30) so yes then it is worth looking out for dropped item sets, or buying them as long as the price is reasonable.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 18, 2014 1:23PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually wear 5/2 on a lot of my characters, but they always are of the same racial set. I usually match character race to armor race as well.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do go for a set, but I've cared less about what armor kind I have, though I will start paying more attention to that.

My Templar and DK wear more heavy (though they are lower level) and my NB wears light/medium and my sorc is currently wearing light with 1 heavy.

It's often a matter of running out of mats before you are done outfitting.

I have been playing with different sets. I like Whitestrake, Lamae, Alessia's Bullwark and Vampire's Kiss depending on who I'm playing.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot about ME! - Other, and here's why... (please post)
    I wear Warlock set and Heavy Magnus's Gift set. It works extremely well for me. Mixing sets lowers my armor rating, but the magicka regen boost is massive in comparison.
    Edited by Spottswoode on September 18, 2014 2:18PM
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a question for y'all while I remember.
    Do the 'set' bonuses stack?
    ie, wear 2 items and get +5 damage, 3 items and get +5 damage.....so if I wore 3 items of that set i'd get +10 damage?
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you'd get 10 damage. It can also stack with some other set bonuses most of the time as well.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
    Options
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my newly turned vr13 Templar Imperial, I've always worn 5 medium and 2 light armor, but have been considering an experiment with 4 med and 3 light. This has always been a build balanced between magicka and stamina since her weapons are bow and destro staff. But lately I've been leaning toward more use of skills instead of weapon damage.

For my currently vr3 Sorcerer Breton, I use 5 light and 2 heavy.

I craft different combination sets for both, usually five of one set (incl. weapons) and three of another to try to get as many bonuses as possible to suit each character.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Class of Armor I stay true to the class, so 7/7 no matter what type it is.

For Crafted Sets, I use those, although I have yet to find a better combo than 5 Seducer/3 Song of Lamae for my Sorcerer. I am trying 5 Seducer/3 Night Mother and it's not quite as effective. I am still trying to figure out the best set for my NB, I just got where I can make a set of Hundings Rage, so that will be the next 5 piece for him. Still not sure what to do with the other 4 pieces.

Dropped Sets? Not going to happen. I never find enough pieces, in the class I want, to use them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord 2-hand weilding DK wears all Heavy, 2 sets for bonuses.

Bosmer Nightbow wears all Medium, 2 sets for bonuses.

Orc Templar Healer wears all Light, 2 sets for bonuses.

Seeing a pattern emerging yet?
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only an idiot would purposely not wear a set.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    Iago wrote: »
    I wear all heavy armor but I have no clue what ZOS defines as a "SET of ARMOR"

@Iago

I'm going to say a set is a range of pieces which confer a bonus if you wear two or more pieces.

Like the "Hundring's Rage" set, or the "Warlock" set. they usually have culmative bonuses like "2 pieces +3 to magic regen" "3 pieces +5% to spell damage"

I have been trying to get the superior and epic attire achievements and have tried several different variations to get these and still no luck.I have also filled out several/bug reports with no response. Which is why i just filled out a cs ticket hoping to figure out wtf I am doing wrong.

This is why I am unclear of ZOS's definition of a full set of gear.

@Iago

Ah, as I understand it a full set of gear is five pieces, but the superior and epic attire are different.

To get the superior Attire achievement I had to wear blue level gear in all the slots, that's eight pieces of armour + two rings + Amulet (necklace), but just to be safe I wore a Blue shield and Blue weapon too. It can be any type of armour, even mixed (I had light medium and heavy), it just has to have the name coloured blue.

The epic Attire is the same but with purple level gear.

Note it has to be Blue only for Superior Attire, wearing purple or higher will not register for it.

Well I have clearly met the expectations then, so I just need to wait for CS to get me the achievements
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to vote on here - you should be using crafted sets with the passive bonuses if you want to maximize your performance for doing group dungeons and pvp.
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-50 my characters always have at least 1 lt/med/hvy. It's perfect time to wear whatever you want being how you could almost level naked (one of these days I'm gonna try it). Always have a full set of something and usually lean towards 5 of one type of armor but not always.

After 50 it just depends on the particular build I'm doing.
    Options
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    full 5 set that I craft plus a couple items of found-in-environment sets
    Options
  • LinueDarkStar
    LinueDarkStar
    ✭✭
    Rocking Dark Elf styled armor, with 2 sets (Deathwind's & Ashen's Grip).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: March 2014 - Currently
    League of Legends (Silver IV): June 2010 - Currently
    Marvel Heroes: June 2013 - Currently
    Star Wars: The Old Republic: December 2011 - January 2014 (2 year, 1 month)
    World of Tanks: September 2012 - September 2013 (1 year)
    Diablo 3: May 2012 - June 2012 (1 1/2 months)
    Star Wars Galaxies (Veteran): August 2003 - December 2011 (8 years, 4 months)
    Vanguard: May 2007 - August 2007 (4 months)
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we are talking about wearing a set of the same motif then no I mix it a lot.
    My favorite look is Light Primal Hood , shoulder ,jerkin and belt, Dunmer light hands, Bosmer light pants. Nord light boots.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options