Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Do you wear a "SET" of armor?

Pheefs
Pheefs
✭✭✭✭✭
I like to Mix & Match with light & medium armor, and sometimes to wear pieces from the special Armor Sets that give bonuses for the number of pieces worn...

I usually don't end up with a full set of anything & I don't mind that.
& I will admit that I won't wear things when I hate how they look, & so what?
I have to look at them, right?

:)

I was wondering, do you Mix & Match? do you collect or create Armor Sets?
Edited by Pheefs on September 17, 2014 11:35PM
{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }

Do you wear a "SET" of armor? 190 votes

Armor All & All Alike! - I like to wear one armor class AND I like a set.
42%
NestorSirAndykevlarto_ESOGalenclayandaudrey_ESONorthernFuryStxLinueDarkStarBraidasdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOForestd16b14_ESOKevinmonLeijonaResuehtphilip.ploegerb16_ESOKhajitFurTraderYusufTehMagnusPhantaxTaffyIX 81 votes
Armor All & So What Set! - I like to wear one armor class, but couldn't care less about sets.
2%
AlienSlofcambomtgWoogawomanVipA 4 votes
Mix & Match & Match AGAIN! - I like to mix it up, AND I like a set.
42%
AttorneyatlawlAnaSorianaAett_Thorntheyanceybigscoothb14_ESOIllumousAzzuriaLonePiratePheefsSer LoboYulsjockjammerb16_ESOFlinkeKlingedreadlaxb16_ESOAedhZaeniddR1ckyDaManBlooddancerLuisen 81 votes
Mix & Match & So What Set! - I like to mix it up, but couldn't care less about sets.
6%
Demiraotis67MercyKillingBigMSenetEnodocHanzusCsubAsysrrood41828Shadowalk3rRomo 12 votes
You forgot about ME! - Other, and here's why... (please post)
6%
UdyrfrykteSrugzalKangasmadangrypallyZabusProbitasSpottswoodeKitsyUrQuanAnvosGnatBsmacx250 12 votes
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All heavy, all the time....
    Options
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    One of the benefits of crafting is getting to choose what you wear.

+1 Awesome for using "couldn't care less" correctly. I thought it was a dying species .... thanks ! :D
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
    Options
  • Equinox
    Equinox
    ✭✭✭
    5 Piece Heavy Hist Bark, 2 parts of whatever in either full or mix of light and medium! Depends on the situation =P
    Edited by Equinox on September 17, 2014 11:44PM
    ********************~For the Queen!~********************
    Options
  • Senet
    Senet
    ✭✭✭
    Mix & Match & So What Set! - I like to mix it up, but couldn't care less about sets.
    I always mix and match my armor class. Usually only between 2 classes and not three.
    As for sets, I've never been much for an armor set. If I do use pieces of the same set it's because I like the way they look.
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear 4 Night's Silence, and 3 Nightshade all Med.
    Use 1 Night's Silence Bow and Dagger to get the 5 piece 'bonus' (when it works)
    Wear 3 piece Nighjtshade to get the detection bonus (when it works)

Lurrrrrrrrrrve 1.4.3 So much I keep singing, Love will tear us apart....again.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on September 17, 2014 11:51PM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senet wrote: »
    I always mix and match my armor class. Usually only between 2 classes and not three.

yeah, that seems to be the popular choice, picking your 2 to mix ...but not mixing them all
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 piece bonuses for sets and for armor skills are too good to pass up on. Personally I usually wear 7 medium or when I'm solo PvEing 5 Heavy+2 Light.
    Options
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the benefits of crafting is getting to choose what you wear.

+1 Awesome for using "couldn't care less" correctly. I thought it was a dying species .... thanks ! :D

as the joke goes, "my ability to care any less about it, just ran out"

:smiley:

& I agree, I really enjoy crafting most of my gear
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear 4 heavy/3med on my DK, 4 heavy/3light on my templar and 4med/3light on my NB. I -think- my NB has three of five of a set, but I'm not sure.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I wear gear I tend to focus on one type (already maxed both heavy and medium). For the sake of my personal immersion, I typically have it in the same racial style.

Now the real question is weather they are of the same special set...ashen grip, hundings rage and the seducer sets are among my primary favorites. I wear all of a particular set on most of my PvE runs, can't say the same about PvP....
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7/7 heavy.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a lot of alts, and the answer depends on the character. I use crafted sets on all of them, but some mix between the different weights, and some go all one weight. It just depends on the character. I mean I've got 1 alt who's all about maximizing crit chance (it's significantly over 50%), so he wears nothing but medium. I've got another who's all about PVE tanking, so he wears nothing but heavy. Most of my characters wear a mix, though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    I wear Ashens Grip/Death Wind on my NB pretty much always since I tested Silence and found it wanting. Moving fast out of combat while sneaking isn't really as fast as running then sneaking.
    Options
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Other as using weapons you can have one 5 and one 3.

Answer is Full Set, style by end on main is a mix of AE, Dunnmer, and Deadric for Weapons and Shield.

Currently been using Lamae 5 and Seducer 3. (also picked up a random 2 piece from jewlrey)
    Edited by Anvos on September 18, 2014 3:29AM
    Options
  • ThoradinBloodfire
    ThoradinBloodfire
    ✭✭✭
    I wear 4 med hundings, 3 med night mothers. 2hndr hundings. S&b night mother and hundings.

Wearing unassailable neck and rings. Need something better i think though
    There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today...”

"We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La."

GRRM both
    Options
  • ThoradinBloodfire
    ThoradinBloodfire
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, all matching nord. Gives a cold weather viking barbarian feel imo. Hate barbarian and primal traits
    There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today...”

"We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La."

GRRM both
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care, I wear a costume anyways.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters have 5 pieces of one set, and 3-4 of a 2nd. (Not high enough for set jewelery)
    *Most* of my characters wear all the same class of armor except for my heavy armor "dps" Paladin. She wears 2 or 3 pieces of medium. Belt, Gloves, and maybe something else? Not sure.
    Achievements Suck
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my play style is magicka based NB so as of now 5Seducer+5Warlock 7light. I used to have a magicka based NB tank 5L+ 2H+S&B build. I used Twilight and Willows. I did everything except COH with it but i haven't tanked since 1.3 mostly because there are to many DK or Temp tanks around. I am trying to get figure out some good magicka based tanking combo now.
    Edited by PBpsy on September 18, 2014 4:11AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never wear made set piece armours, only those greens that drop occasionally. Half the time I don't even wear armour :D
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All heavy all the time. Heck I even craft new almost every level, gotta use all those mats for SOMETHING :P
    Options
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    I wear 2 Heavy and 5 Medium, and I mix three Sets. I'm very particular about my armor and weaps, not in the way of trying to have a matching set, but in the way of maximizing my various perks. When I'm all geared up I put on a Servant's disguise. Pretty particular about doing that too...
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three characters, three armor strategies

Templar Tank (S&B, destro) - 5 heavy, 2 medium, 5 piece Hist Bark, 5 piece Vampire's Kiss (when I swap to destro, Vampire's Kiss goes to 5, Hist goes to three. When I swap back to S&B, VK goes back to 4, and Hist goes to 5)

Sorcerer Warrior Mage (destro/resto) - 1 heavy, 1 light, 5 medium, 5 piece Vampire's Kiss, 3 piece Magnus' Gift (including weapons)

Templar Healer/Archer - 2 heavy, 5 medium, 5 piece Willow's Path, 3 piece Magnus' Gift. (incl. weapons)
    Edited by Srugzal on September 18, 2014 9:04AM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do like types of armour, for example my Templar wears Imperial Heavy Armour, while my Dragonknight wears Dunmer Heavy Armour, and My Sorceror wears Dunmer Light Armour. But I will change pieces if I get a piece with better stats, especialy the pauldrons (I get better stats on them an awful lot).

I also like sets, the set bonuses give you something nice, and I use them when I can. But I'm not married to them, if changing a piece out increases my survivability, I'll lose the set bonus without a second thought.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear all heavy armor but I have no clue what ZOS defines as a "SET of ARMOR"
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

@Iago

I'm going to say a set is a range of pieces which confer a bonus if you wear two or more pieces.

Like the "Hundring's Rage" set, or the "Warlock" set. they usually have culmative bonuses like "2 pieces +3 to magic regen" "3 pieces +5% to spell damage"
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 18, 2014 9:58AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Iago

I'm going to say a set is a range of pieces which confer a bonus if you wear two or more pieces.

Like the "Hundring's Rage" set, or the "Warlock" set. they usually have culmative bonuses like "2 pieces +3 to magic regen" "3 pieces +5% to spell damage"

I have been trying to get the superior and epic attire achievements and have tried several different variations to get these and still no luck.I have also filled out several/bug reports with no response. Which is why i just filled out a cs ticket hoping to figure out wtf I am doing wrong.

This is why I am unclear of ZOS's definition of a full set of gear.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All light, and two 5 piece sets (with jewelry).
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Iago

I have been trying to get the superior and epic attire achievements and have tried several different variations to get these and still no luck.I have also filled out several/bug reports with no response. Which is why i just filled out a cs ticket hoping to figure out wtf I am doing wrong.

This is why I am unclear of ZOS's definition of a full set of gear.

@Iago

Ah, as I understand it a full set of gear is five pieces, but the superior and epic attire are different.

To get the superior Attire achievement I had to wear blue level gear in all the slots, that's eight pieces of armour + two rings + Amulet (necklace), but just to be safe I wore a Blue shield and Blue weapon too. It can be any type of armour, even mixed (I had light medium and heavy), it just has to have the name coloured blue.

The epic Attire is the same but with purple level gear.

Note it has to be Blue only for Superior Attire, wearing purple or higher will not register for it.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 18, 2014 10:52AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Kitsy
    Kitsy
    ✭✭
    While i level up, i go for a full armor type set to have all the bonuses. When i am done, i dont care at all what armor set bonuses i have. I will make my character look as good as possible, even if i gonna wear a level 8 hood on a veteran 14 character.
    Options