Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonstar Arena Normal Mode Clear

Tripwyr
Tripwyr
✭✭✭✭✭
Cleared at 2:05 PM EST (Screenshot taken at 2:06).

sYk0nXR.png

Veteran Mode requires VR14, stay tuned. Final boss in Normal Mode is bugged. If Veteran Mode experiences the same bug, it will be impossible to clear.
Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! I'm not even done downloading update yet! Or off work yet... :D
    Congrats on being the 1st man! You're good!
    +awesome
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 15, 2014 6:20PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey Trip! First nice job. Second, what bugged out on you guys during normal mode? The dev team would like to know.

(If you are worried it might be an exploit, PM me.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Final boss in Normal Mode is bugged. If Veteran Mode experiences the same bug, it will be impossible to clear.
    Can you explain in what way the boss was bugged, @Tripwyr?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER WARNING

Lol, wasn't expecting to get posts from both of you :pensive:

Instead of the final boss spawning 2 bosses on each phase, it spawned 2 bosses plus the previously spawned bosses. So at 50% it spawned 4 bosses, and at 25% it spawned 6 bosses.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Flaeor
    Flaeor
    Soul Shriven
    Wow, Gina and Jessica, you are on the BALL on this one! Kudos :)
    Congratulations, Tripwyr on clearing it!!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    SPOILER WARNING

Lol, wasn't expecting to get posts from both of you :pensive:

Instead of the final boss spawning 2 bosses on each phase, it spawned 2 bosses plus the previously spawned bosses. So at 50% it spawned 4 bosses, and at 25% it spawned 6 bosses.

What? We thought you wanted it harder. That's harder, right?

:wink:

Kidding. That shouldn't be happening. We're looking into it, thanks!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on September 15, 2014 7:16PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, we definitely didn't want it made easier but this is many times harder than pre-nerf PTS Dragonstar.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be honest Trip, how many classes have you cleared dragonstar with and which one did you use this time ;) templar my guess?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK lol. I've cleared it on NB too on PTS.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: This bug seems to be rather random. On our second run: first attempt the 50% spawn was 4 bosses and the 25% was 2 bosses. Second attempt: No extra spawns. Since then we have never gotten a 25% 6 boss spawn, but we have gotten 4 bosses at 50% about 50% of the time.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Redempti
    Redempti
    Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to try it when I'm done patching! :smile:
    Scumbagtre| VR11 Sorc| EP
    T r e| Level 22 | EP
    Redempti |Level 9 NB| EP
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got to the last boss, and got tired of trying..

was fixing to say, if that was Normal mode I'd hate to see Veteran mode heh
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Cleared at 2:05 PM EST (Screenshot taken at 2:06).

Veteran Mode requires VR14, stay tuned. Final boss in Normal Mode is bugged. If Veteran Mode experiences the same bug, it will be impossible to clear.

So that's what I meant Tripwyr, our server isn't even back from maintance ... anyway good luck to you guys at hardmode ;)

• ZairanArainai
    ZairanArainai
    ✭✭
    It was awesome spending hours on this with my guild, only to run into the extra adds bug and end up having to give up in the end.
    Ah well, this should be fun to do again once this gets patched up.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    World first!!! Congratz
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 16, 2014 8:21AM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Trip! First nice job. Second, what bugged out on you guys during normal mode? The dev team would like to know.

Just to clarify, an exploit is to give the end user an unfair advantage. In this case they stated it would be nearly impossible if it bugged out in veteran mode.

[snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]

Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on September 16, 2014 10:13PM
    Vehemence
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    You're the person in charge of taking valuable info and passing it on to the devs?
    Who do I send my resume to? I can count to potato.
    My opinion of the post aside, this was the most genuine 'LOL' tag I've done in a while.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 16, 2014 2:10PM
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify, an exploit is to give the end user an unfair advantage. In this case they stated it would be nearly impossible if it bugged out in veteran mode.

You're the person in charge of taking valuable info and passing it on to the devs?
    Who do I send my resume to? I can count to potato.

There are ways to turn negatives into exploits, I'll leave it at that and let you try and figure out how. Jessica is not wrong that even a negative can be exploited.
  • tyguild_ESO
    tyguild_ESO
    ✭✭
    We cleared this too on day 1 (Daggerfall Covenant). The trick we found was to leave the 1st set of 2 bosses alive at 5%-10% hp. And push boss to 50%. That way the adds wouldn't respawn and would be easily killed. Makes the first 50% way more intensive but was a fun work around.

Edited by tyguild_ESO on September 16, 2014 5:42PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cleared this too on day 1 (Daggerfall Covenant). The trick we found was to leave the 1st set of 2 bosses alive at 5%-10% hp. And push boss to 50%. That way the adds wouldn't respawn and would be easily killed. Makes the first 50% way more intensive but was a fun work around.

We just AoE'd all the bosses down.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, all. Just wanted to provide an update to let you know that this issue has been hotfixed. Thanks for your patience, and for bringing it to our attention!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post