Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Naming camp placers - Tired of losing keeps because of troll camps

Malveria
Malveria
✭✭✭✭
I'm so done with these troll camps that block keeps because of people on alt accounts. It's a cheap, disgusting exploit of the game mechanics. Please name the camp placers so we can report them and get them banned.

Thanks.
Venatus
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it is cheap, disgusting exploit to take/defend keep by camp spam in the first place.
  • æxæ
    æxæ
    ✭✭✭
    Malveria wrote: »
    Please name the camp placers so we can report them and get them banned.

Thanks.

/signed
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    I would say it is cheap, disgusting exploit to take/defend keep by camp spam in the first place.

When your guild can not make a dent in the outcome of a campaign, you have no place to comment. Casuals be gone please. Yes, Camps need names.
    Edited by dcincali on September 6, 2014 2:14PM
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that would violate the all important naming and shaming policy...
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

So you can publicly put your name on a keep but not one on a camp to help defend/attack?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭

So you can be named Emp, be on leaderboards or have your name on a keep but not on a camp?
  • mmoactionjacksonb16_ESO
    just remove camps, problem solved. Put in a guard kill/keep under Attack message for the claiming guild, so its enough time to respond.
    Or just allow everybody klick anywhere on the map to respawn, without camps. Maybe a fair cooldown of 5seconds between deaths, so it cant be abused.
    Edited by mmoactionjacksonb16_ESO on September 6, 2014 9:50PM
  • Aminals
    Aminals
    ✭✭✭
    They should give us the option to right click on the camp and 'report' it so the people whose job it is to look out for that stuff can be notified. We don't need to know who it is but they should have the capability.
    Apollos
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People shouldn't be able to have different faction characters on the same bloody campaign, that's the problem.

This is possible today due to the "the travel to player" function. I can get my AD alt into the same campaign as my EP main, and cause all sorts of trouble. If this feature was disabled in Cyrodiil, than we wouldn't have constant problems with troll camps, spying, keep-limits flooded with junk siege and other types of disgusting cheats.

How hard can it be to fix this? All they need to do is disable one feature from working in Cyrodiil (or ban every sad moron exploiting it).

If cheaters had to create a new account, pay the sub, to get their infiltrator up and running, I very much doubt trolls camps would be a daily occurrence.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »

So you can publicly put your name on a keep but not one on a camp to help defend/attack?
    Monsoon wrote: »

So you can be named Emp, be on leaderboards or have your name on a keep but not on a camp?
    rlly? lol, just a joke guys cause it's the only thing zos seems to care about
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no drawbacks in this solution. The alliance needs to know who uses camps. If they are trolling - they will be dealt with. If not - people might thank them or mail them more camps to replace the ones they used: after all, they used their AP for the entire alliance to benefit.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add names to camps so you can post it here and get your post closed due to naming and shaming?
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its is very apparent when a guild or player is dropping a camp for ganking or seiging. So, at the same time it is very apparent when a troll camp has been placed..

Example: Defending/Attacking the last inner keep before an emp is crowned or dethroned and magically once the close camp is down another is placed at the very limits to prevent a close spawn for reinforcements.

Naming and shaming is so moronic. Mature Rated gamed based on pure violence and hate lol
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

We would like to remind you that "naming" is against our community rules.

To avoid any future sanctions, please refrain you from doing that.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ozriel
    Ozriel
    ✭✭
    That's all you got zos wow...
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol indeed.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on September 8, 2014 2:44PM
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing prevents you to report a player directly in game.
    Making a "wall of shame" on the forum is just against our policy.

Thank you to respect that.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I notice someone just saved an entire push by placing a camp, I want to thank him.

People that maintain camps, you da mvp.
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your policy against 'naming and shaming' is protecting people that violate your ToS and are causing people to unsub because it is preventing violators from being caught.

If people have no reason to be 'named or shamed', then they have nothing to worry about.

Stop punishing the people who want to help YOU, Zeni. That's ridiculous.

Even if we SCREEN CAP IT and report it, or mass report it on the spot. It doesn't have to come to the forums, but we NEED A MEANS TO IDENTIFY THEM.
    Edited by Malveria on September 7, 2014 4:28AM
    Venatus
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly what the post said (where did OP say there should be a wall of shame in the forums?), but way to look past the actual problem effecting CUSTOMERS and protect those exploiting the game system. You want non-cheaters to continue to pay for the game, you should probably work to address the serious complaints about this stuff - respect that.

Let's see if we actually look at this while attempting to find a solution instead of ignore it and post the canned 'name/shame' response: Allow the camp itself to be reported (how can you report a player that placed a camp when you were not there when it was placed or ten other players have spawned around it? duh) - and have the player name connected only on the ZoS side. That way the GMs can see if the same names are popping up a million times more than others and find out if something needs investigated.

I mean.. if you actually care about solving the problem that is.

Now carry on with moving threads from one forum or another and warning those with real problem and not those causing the problems.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

We would like to remind you that "naming" is against our community rules.

To avoid any future sanctions, please refrain you from doing that.

Thank you.

This is the most lol response by a green, ever. He quotes naming/shaming when we're talking about a name INGAME on the camp placer. Following that logic, I guess leaderboard can fall under the naming/shaming too, since u can 'shame' the AP farmers.

Wake up ZOS and stop being an overprotective mother
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

If we don't know what player to REPORT how are we to do that? Will devs research the time and camp placement? Doubt it. I still can't walk in postern doors after 5 months of the game being live. 5 MONTHS. Please read the entire thread before commenting or actually play the game and you will see where we are coming from.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this may have something to do with the old adage, "Couldn't catch the clap in a Delbian cathouse."
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »

If we don't know what player to REPORT how are we to do that? Will devs research the time and camp placement? Doubt it. I still can't walk in postern doors after 5 months of the game being live. 5 MONTHS. Please read the entire thread before commenting or actually play the game and you will see where we are coming from.

Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on September 7, 2014 9:06PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭

Re-Read the thread: we are asking for the UI to show the name of who placed a Forward camp SO THAT WE CAN report the person. When you are on the other side of the map and see a Forward camp I would like to know how you expect us to report the name of the player who put that FC up to troll us... please describe or explain that magical way by which we can know the player's name

Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on September 7, 2014 9:06PM
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    In this thread: CS people who do not read the thread but respond with canned answers instead of acknowledging the issue

EDIT: by the way for ZOS employees, THIS thread is the exact reason why people prefer to post issues on Reddit instead of here because when you get canned CS responses that fail to address the issue then what is the point of using official forums?
    Edited by Monsoon on September 7, 2014 6:45PM
  • æxæ
    æxæ
    ✭✭✭
    We need to bump this thread so it may never vanish from page 1 until we get a more valuable response from CS other than "shush".
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What people don't seem to understand is that there is not a clear reason why something is called a 'troll' camp. While the people fighting at for example Blue Road Keep might think the camp at Cheydinhal is a troll camp, the people who are having fun ganking in Cheydinhal might see this very different.

In other words, just because you and your friends think camp X or Y is a troll camp, it doesn't have to be a troll camp at all. Attaching names to placed camps will just end up with people getting harassed because they didn't place a camp in position X or Y. I sure as hell ain't really yearning for harassment by a bunch of zerg who are angry because I placed a camp at Cheydinhal.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 7, 2014 7:11PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    What people don't seem to understand is that there is not a clear reason why something is called a 'troll' camp. While the people fighting at for example Blue Road Keep might think the camp at Cheydinhal is a troll camp, the people who are having fun ganking in Cheydinhal might see this very different.

In other words, just because you and your friends think camp X or Y is a troll camp, it doesn't have to be a troll camp at all. Attaching names to placed camps will just end up with people getting harassed because they didn't place a camp in position X or Y. I sure as hell ain't really yearning for harassment by a bunch of zerg who are angry because I placed a camp at Cheydinhal.

A troll camp is when a camp is set outside a keep that is under attack, but close enough to it so a camp cannot be set up inside it. In this way the defenders of the keep have to spawn outside of the keep, then try to get back inside it to defend it. It is very obvious when this happens.

Edited by Ackwalan on September 7, 2014 7:26PM
  • MustyBritches
    Lose Camps totally, if you die Run the F*&% back. It's a battle of attrition... camps take that whole meta away from the game.