The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Naming camp placers - Tired of losing keeps because of troll camps

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that people are troll camping in general.

Will post when I get home the pic of the one the other day in EP that literally made me leave for a few days.
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on September 9, 2014 8:54PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man, i am struggeling to afford one camp per gaming session because i mainly buy siege weapons. How can he place so many?

also, i am still clueless about what trollcamps are. I read entire thread and it must be a language barrier.

- what are troll camps
    - what is the issue with above screenshots. Isn't this helpfull for AD? they can teleport anywhere
    Edited by Knootewoot on September 10, 2014 5:33AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Man, i am struggeling to afford one camp per gaming session because i mainly buy siege weapons. How can he place so many?

also, i am still clueless about what trollcamps are. I read entire thread and it must be a language barrier.

- what are troll camps
    - what is the issue with above screenshots. Isn't this helpfull for AD? they can teleport anywhere
    A faction can only have 10 camps on a map, so if they are all bunched in the corner or in your spawn like the ones circled in red, they are useless to the teams trying to hit objectives. Also, they can be placed so the faction trying to defend are not able to rez near the keep being attacked and must run back to try and keep up the defense. Troll campers are some of the bottom feeding scum of the pvp world.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah now i understand. Thanks for making that clear. Now i hate those trolls too :angry:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported one player dropping troll camps yesterday. This particular player then spent hours on zone chat getting berated by loads of people for doing it. End result was he continued doing it and continued to troll chat all night. He would get away with trolling chat though as he was not using profanity and could always say he was only replying to others chats aimed at him. Either way he was getting away with it and openly scoffed at the threats of been banned. ZOS need to police the game and start enforcing their rules.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aminals wrote: »
    They should give us the option to right click on the camp and 'report' it so the people whose job it is to look out for that stuff can be notified. We don't need to know who it is but they should have the capability.

signed
    Nothing prevents you to report a player directly in game.
    Making a "wall of shame" on the forum is just against our policy.

Thank you to respect that.

Ya, but how do you report them if you don't know who they are?
    Edited by Vizier on September 10, 2014 4:21PM
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not the people but certain mechanics in the game that allows people to exploit it. If it can be exploited, there definitively will be someone willing to do so. The blame should be placed on ZOS, and they should have solutions by now to the problem because, obviously, people have been reporting this for some time now it seems.

I don't agree with the removal of spawn camps completely, there is enough running in Cyrodiil as there is.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on September 12, 2014 2:39AM
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Zenimax, for closing the new thread I made about the troll campers costing a faction because of the game mechanic that limits camps in Cyrodiil.

Thank you, again, for reminding me that there was a thread on the subject. Clearly I forgot, even though I made it. And even though the thread itself was largely quiet because people had finished discussing the thread subject - which was the fact that it is possible, and is being done, rather than a single incident.

If only the dev team was as good at fixing issues as the forum police are at fixing threads.

Consider this a 'thread bump' as you will, because clearly making new threads is not the intended use of this forum.
    Venatus
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malveria wrote: »
    Consider this a 'thread bump' as you will, because clearly making new threads is not the intended use of this forum.
    Making new threads that copy already existing threads is, especially when the new thread is apparently only created because OP wasn't happy with the amount of discussion going on, indeed not the purpose of this forum.

Edited by Lava_Croft on September 12, 2014 4:21AM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is some loser doing it to EP. I quit after I saw them literally going to the edge of the map to put these up. A guildmate confirmed someone eventually trolled up full camps around the upper side of the map.

ork00n.jpg
  • fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we obviously need to keep this thread and others like it very much alive. It's a shame that something wasn't done about this a week ago. Here are some shots of what we've been dealing with tonight in Thornblade NA AD.

7:34 PM EST
    lXAyitV.jpg

7:59 PM EST
    AF6PNiU.jpg

8:22 PM EST Note: We're down to one scroll defense keep at this point and there are ten camps on the map, nine of thich are troll camps.
    yubbtNK.jpg

8:57 PM EST Note: Down to just Fare at this point and our camp is placed in the worst possible position for a proper defense.
    VkkuHEH.jpg

10:51 PM EST
    E3F0CfY.jpg
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Malveria wrote: »
    Making new threads that copy already existing threads is, especially when the new thread is apparently only created because OP wasn't happy with the amount of discussion going on, indeed not the purpose of this forum.

The new thread was created to address one specific incident with a specific mechanic involved. This thread is about the fact that troll camps are being placed. The new thread was about the camp limitation in Cyrodiil working against a faction.
    Venatus
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, can we get a statement that "troll camps are illegal" or "Hey, you may not like them, but they are legal" ?

We'd really like to know.
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Z8a7tzF.png

Last night on Thornblade EU, shortly after DC got the 5th keep of the ring, a sudden apparition of forward camps occured.
    Besides the useless camps in keeps not attacked, and an insipid and useless camp out of Nikel, it is especially the 2 camps at the Northern and Southern gate that reveal the intention behind these camp placements.

I reported with this screenshot taken right after a 10th camp was set, no doubt logs can reveal who is doing this with a little investigation.
    ZoS, can we get a statement that "troll camps are illegal" or "Hey, you may not like them, but they are legal" ?

We'd really like to know.

Exactly. If this is a legal operation, then I guess a lot more people will consider making these so-very-ugly-yet-efficient 72.000 AP moves. Or simply going for alts that can go and burn the said camps.
    Edited by Lilarna on September 15, 2014 2:00PM
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With exception of two tents in Southern/Northern High Rock, they does not strike me as troll camps. They sure may have been placed by a troll hopping from keep to keep, but spots are perfectly valid.

Besides...I guess if DC trolled the reds too, Alessia could have been refreshingly tent-free siege, with the dead staying dead and not swarming out of graveyard like mindless zombies. Shame I missed it.