Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Kuta since last patch, here is maybe why ...

Vanzen
Vanzen
✭✭✭✭✭
K.
Like many I complained that I hadnt receive a single Kuta from 3 hirelings since last patch, and thought there was some kind of bug ...
There is ..
I did a respec taking advantange of the low cost, I dropped "Aspec extraction"
Today I took it back, first delivery; bingo ! One Kuta from the hireling with aspect extraction ...
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    Could be related or just RNG. I'll check my toons and see what their aspect extractions are at and maybe put some points there and see if my Kuta drops improve or not.
    V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • sr383
    sr383
    I got one from a hireling last night (pre patch). A different character got one in the mail today (post patch).
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, this could be why I've never received a hireling Kuta, ever: during the time I've had my hireling, I've never had any points in aspect extraction (never needed it as I'd more or less completed enchanting).

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_TristanK Are you able to confirm that hireling Kuta is tied not just to spending hireling points but also aspect extraction?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten a single Kuta since 1.3.3. I have hirelings on multiple characters.

I dont have any points in extraction either, would be interesting to know if that was somehow connected ?

I get plenty of legendary mats from my other professions.
  • DAActon
    DAActon
    Soul Shriven
    I have max points in both hireling and aspect and have received Kura or Kuda and Kuta in one of the two deliveries nearly every day.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    I did a respec taking advantange of the low cost, I dropped "Aspec extraction"
    Today I took it back, first delivery; bingo ! One Kuta from the hireling with aspect extraction ...
    idea.gif

I gotta check that out, i have a few hirelings without aspect extraction.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    "Aspect Extraction" is definitely affecting hireling Kuta deliveries.

I have two master enchanters who have never got a single Kuta ever in the history of the game, and then when I do up "Aspect Extraction" on my main, BANG, next day it gets a Kuta! A couple days later I also do it up for my alt, and BANG, next day it gets a Kuta!

Please fix this ZOS. We should be getting Kutas from our hirelings without having to waste 3 skill points on a completely unrelated skill.

Also, when you fix this PLEASE unspend everybody points in "Aspect Extraction". We've already lost out on tons of Gold from missed Kuta deliveries, so please don't make us waste even more Gold to unspend these points that we ONLY did up to get around this bug.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found Kuta's (two lately) and my AE skill was at L1. I do not have hirelings for this, so this only applies to looting Rune Stones.

For sure, AE at L2 (upgraded that just after this last patch) has done nothing for the number of Aspect Runes I extract.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgraded from 0 to max aspect extraction on one of my enchanters, and he finally got a Kuta for the first time. So i'm a believer of this theory.
    Edited by Aeratus on August 31, 2014 4:07PM
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Kuta all along. On all my chars with the hirelings skilled. And at least one of them isn't skilled that far and he still gets the Denatas, Kutas and Rekutas.

If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...how do you explain people getting Kuta's regardless they have points on it or not, or people that didn't necessarily respect and reallocate the points? I had aspect extraction pre and post patch (without ever needing to respect) and I still get Kutas.

I'd say just a conincidence and just bad RNG from people.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be possible to some extent to get a Kuta without aspect extraction, but the chances could be very low.

It is possible that aspect extraction significantly increases the chances.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    If there are people currently receiving Kutas from their hirelings without any points in Aspect Extraction then the bug somehow doesn't affect everybody.
    Qyrk wrote: »
    So...how do you explain people getting Kuta's regardless they have points on it or not, or people that didn't necessarily respect and reallocate the points? I had aspect extraction pre and post patch (without ever needing to respect) and I still get Kutas.

I'd say just a conincidence and just bad RNG from people.
    Why would you think they'd need to repec if they already had points in Aspect Extraction? If they already had points in it then there's no need to respec.

That you'd suggest RNG at this points means you haven't followed all the threads on this. "Aspect Extraction" is definitely affecting Kuta deliveries from hirelings. There is zero doubt about this; there is a ton of posted results that confirm this.
    Aeratus wrote: »
    It might be possible to some extent to get a Kuta without aspect extraction, but the chances could be very low.

It is possible that aspect extraction significantly increases the chances.
    Nope. Both my two master enchanters never received a single Kuta in the history of the game. But after doing up Aspect Extraction to 3/3 a week ago they both got a Kuta the next day, and more since. Many other people have posted the same findings as well.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got another Kuta from my enchanter who recently got 3/3 aspect extraction. So at least for me, case closed.

From my experience with my 2nd enchanter, if you have no aspect improvement at all, you will get no aspect runes at all (or maybe extremely rarely).

Putting points into aspect improvement will get you up to rekuta, but aspect extraction is needed to get Kuta.
  • Sideline
    Sideline
    Soul Shriven
    I hadn't received a kuta from my main or any alts hirelings for months. A couple days ago I put three points into extraction on my main and one on all my alts and now I'm getting Kutas again. Thanks OP.
    Edited by Sideline on September 8, 2014 10:26PM