The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Immovable and All Light Armor in PVP

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anomaly 2 wrote: »
    Haha been doing this for awhile now as a light armour user. When I first figured out I could use it without any heavy armour on my first thought was " there's going to be a forum about this being OP and not fair and it needs to be fixed" and here it is haha! Took long enough for someone to bring it up though lmao. My only real question is can the other two armour abilities be used by players not using that armour type? For instance can a heavy armour 7/7 player use Evasion under the medium armour tree? If not then I think there is a huge problem and it needs to be fixed. If everyone can use all the armour abilities as long as they have that skill the required level then I don't see the problem with it.
    Now this is because the morphs are completely useless without actually using the armour type( The morphs effects all state they are increased per piece of that armour type and without any of that armour type the effects are 0 percent )
    So the abilities are better for those who use the right armour type for the skill... So I would leave it as working as intended.

Ohh yeah give my .5 sec per armor piece and suck the endo i need for tank actions yep sounds fair... btw many people say this is broke you get same no matter what you wear...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Better yet, restrict it to 5/5 AND make Annulment cost Magicka :D
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this issue and the issue of Heavy armour talked about many times. Yet i have never seen anyone from ZOS even acknowledge that heavy armour is something they intend to look into at some point in the future. Please tell me I've simply missed their post?

Skills such as Immovable should not be used by light armour users. Each class of armour should have it's perks and downsides, right now light armour is just superior in every way. You can reach soft cap, you can use Immovable and get the benefits of all light armour passives. This needs to change in my opinion.
    Edited by Orchish on August 3, 2014 12:20AM
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    A skill that can be used by everyone currently. I dont see how making immovable only usable once you have 5 heavy equipped makes the game more diverse. This type of change wont benefit anyone. The people who currently know how to build their characters right (skills,gear,etc) will continue to give people who dont something to complain about.

You folks are acting like its a I WIN button but its far from it. Its like you see something and come to the forums talking like you read the whole book but are actually just looking at the cover.

Just because something can be used by everyone isn't really a good qualifier for whether or not it requires adjustment.

Looking at the vampire and weapon skill nerfs, ZOS doesn't think so either

Its funny because immovable doesnt even do any damage. A buff which last 8 seconds, and costs a decent amount of stamina is some how now OP. Did i forget to mention anyone can use it as long as you lvled up heavy armor.

Whos fault is it when someone shows up to play basketball in flip flops when you should be using sneakers. Then you go and complain because everyone is using sneakers.

mist form didn't do any damage and was available to all but it got nerfed into the ground cos it was too powerfull. immovable should require 5 heavy to use. to hve 7 light and still get the best only really good thing tied to heavy armour is just stupid and everyone knows it. if you think otherwise you probably blob around using it in light armour.

• Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Krim reallllllly wants to keep immovable with his dress and stick build!
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hamon wrote: »
    A skill that can be used by everyone currently. I dont see how making immovable only usable once you have 5 heavy equipped makes the game more diverse. This type of change wont benefit anyone. The people who currently know how to build their characters right (skills,gear,etc) will continue to give people who dont something to complain about.

You folks are acting like its a I WIN button but its far from it. Its like you see something and come to the forums talking like you read the whole book but are actually just looking at the cover.

Just because something can be used by everyone isn't really a good qualifier for whether or not it requires adjustment.

Its funny because immovable doesnt even do any damage. A buff which last 8 seconds, and costs a decent amount of stamina is some how now OP. Did i forget to mention anyone can use it as long as you lvled up heavy armor.

Whos fault is it when someone shows up to play basketball in flip flops when you should be using sneakers. Then you go and complain because everyone is using sneakers.

mist form didn't do any damage and was available to all but it got nerfed into the ground cos it was too powerfull. immovable should require 5 heavy to use. to hve 7 light and still get the best only really good thing tied to heavy armour is just stupid and everyone knows it. if you think otherwise you probably blob around using it in light armour.

No you need to be a vampire to use mist form.....

Edited by krim on August 3, 2014 2:45AM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renuo wrote: »

Funny thing is im sword and board / resto with 5 heavy 2 light... go figure.

• Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Renuo wrote: »

Funny thing is im sword and board / resto with 5 heavy 2 light... go figure.

Then you're just being plain silly!
    Edited by Renuo on August 3, 2014 4:16AM
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive used Immovable with light armor..the amount of damage it absorbs is so low it didn't seem worth it to me. Have yall tried immovable in an actual pvp fight with light armor?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yeah, but it makes you immune to CCs, which is one of the things that allows people to do the awesome fun thing known as zerg balls. its also just stupid! why should someone in light armor, be allowed to use a heavy armor skill in the first place?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illumous wrote: »
    If immovable required 5 pieces of heavy armor to use, it would make heavy a much more attractive armor type to use despite the underwhelming passives.

This.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make the immunity to CCs be a 5 piece heavy bonus..That's what really seems to be peoples beef anyways.
  • mrkaco_ESO
    Agree with OP. And while you are at balance all three armor active abilities to be equally enticing for each respective armor build.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and that didnt make it available to everyone? you could be a vampire if you wanted it. just as much as if you level heavy till you unlock immovable. dont move the goal posts

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and that didnt make it available to everyone? you could be a vampire if you wanted it. just as much as if you level heavy till you unlock immovable. dont move the goal posts

You have to get vampirism it is not natural to your character like the armor skills are. Everyone has immovable, annulment, and evasion. Some people dont want to be a vampire, or might not be able deal with extra fire dmg you take as a vampire.

People need better builds. 5 skills go go.

• james_vestbergb16_ESO
    Yes balance a skill everyone can use... You forget that the morphs of immovable (Immovable Brute, Unstoppable) are stronger with more heavy armor on.

Just stop plz.

No you stop plz, bcos you make no sense. Even if they would put a 5 piece minimum on the armor active skills, anyone could still use it bcos anyone can put on 5 pieces of heavy armor.

Yeah they skills get a small bonus based on armor pieces worn, that dont change the fact that the skill, immovable in this example, is just too good in its standard form. Why have the active skill be free of armor requirements if the passives are not?

Then they might aswell let anyone get the passive bonuses aswell, regardless of what armor they use.

Having a 5 piece or whatever minimum makes sense, not just balance wise but also lore wise, semi-realistic wise etc etc

You are immovable bcos u have alot of heavy armor one could say, thus beeing hard to knock down.

Medium armor lets you be more agile due to less weight etc, thus evasion makes sense.

And light armor well bcos magicka......smthn.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP 1000%
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes balance a skill everyone can use... You forget that the morphs of immovable (Immovable Brute, Unstoppable) are stronger with more heavy armor on.

Just stop plz.

yes we don't care about the morphs as just the CC negate is ***, I mean hell you may as well let me use invasion with daggers equipped. cause there is no diff between that and someone wearing cloth using a heavy armor skill.and since were talking about it I can understand the blazing shield ability temps have but why are mages able to withstand so much damage when wearing cloth cloth does nothing to prevent a dagger in the middle of your back
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just stop plz.

yes we don't care about the morphs as just the CC negate is ***, I mean hell you may as well let me use invasion with daggers equipped. cause there is no diff between that and someone wearing cloth using a heavy armor skill.and since were talking about it I can understand the blazing shield ability temps have but why are mages able to withstand so much damage when wearing cloth cloth does nothing to prevent a dagger in the middle of your back

Video games are hard.

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be such a thing in any video game that you can be both uber tanky/immune to all cc and super dps in same time.

And @krim, keep trolling, u're so funny
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faernaa wrote: »
    There shouldn't be such a thing in any video game that you can be both uber tanky/immune to all cc and super dps in same time.

I speak the truth.

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yet he gets no lulz :(..only on the battlefield. :p
    Edited by Tintinabula on August 31, 2014 5:33AM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yet he gets no lulz :(..only on the battlefield. :p

How do i check my lulz?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I think those opposed to the change are thinking more about the 56 gold tannins they used on their gear and less about the balance of the game, but thats just my take on it.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Hmm, I think those opposed to the change are thinking more about the 56 gold tannins they used on their gear and less about the balance of the game, but thats just my take on it.

lmao
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At most I wouldn't care if they added a one piece requirement to use these skills, definitely don't agree with five pieces. Really don't care at all, it doesn't effect my game much when I run into it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC