Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on loading screen, both before and after character selection.

Softy
Softy
Soul Shriven
Bought the game 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to play more than a few minutes.

After login I get stuck on loading screen most of the time, and the few odd times I do get lucky enought to make it to character selection I again get stuck on yet another loading screen.

Some help would be appreciated.
Edited by Softy on August 27, 2014 6:42PM
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing we recommend (if you haven't done this already) is repairing your game client. To do this, click the Game Options menu (located under the News Section), select Repair, and wait for it to finish.

If you're still encountering this issue, try adding ESO as an exception to your firewall and/or anti-virus software. Once you've tried these steps, let us know if you're still getting stuck on loading screens and we can troubleshoot with you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Softy
    Softy
    Soul Shriven
    Hello.

Yes I have tried these steps. Still stuck on loading screen.
  • ZOS_AlvinM
    ZOS_AlvinM
    ✭✭
    Hi @Softy. One thing we should take into consideration is that video card drivers are updated more frequently and usually with performance increases that benefit games like ESO. With this in mind, we encourage you to contact our Customer Support Team with a Game Consultant file so that an agent can verify the dates of the video driver installed on your machine and compare them to the dates of the most recent update on the manufacturer's website.

Instructions for creating a Game Consultant file are available in this article from our knowledge base.https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post