The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A few questions

Insurrektion
Insurrektion
✭✭✭
Well I've been playing for several months now and even participated in the beta. In the past I've always gone with other people's builds who've performed well. Well, I'm done with that. I want to do my own research. I find I'm more successful in games and real life when I know how something works and not just that it works.

That being said, where can I go for source material? I'd like to know what stats impact the damage output of spells and skills, for example. I'd like to know caps on armor and hp at various levels. I'd like to know how much stats innately improve on each class. You get the idea - raw statistics.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an add-on at ESOUI that allows you to see the soft caps etc so you can play with your build a bit if you want to do your own research. There are also add-ons that show your damage and you can turn the active numbers for that on in the regular settings and begin to crunch away with your calculator! Let the fun begin! :)
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foundry Tactical Combat is key to evaluating your build. It's the addon that puts all the flying numbers and text on the screen. You can see quickly what each of your builds do.

Now, here is the cool thing. On the PTS (Public Test Server), you can load up a Template of a high level character and assign out your points as you want to. This way your not experimenting with a character you care about, nor are you have having to level to try out Morphs and higher level skills or paying for Respecs.

For Spell damage calcs, see this

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121899/spell-damage

Stamina ones are probably the same. The trick is to know which skills scale from Stamina, and which ones scale from Magic. It's not always clear which TBH.
    Edited by Nestor on August 29, 2014 7:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"