Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardcore Recipe Farmers, I need some advice

HeroOfEvbof
HeroOfEvbof
✭✭✭
I farm low level recipes. I intend to own as many recipes as possible by the time of the overhaul and see how much they screw me over.
I have every green recipe except Saltrice Slurry and Sylph-Gin and I am sure I'll get the gin by next week.
But I am having trouble with blue level 10 recipes. My Pact farmer is missing one and it's just not popping up. He has farmed all three blue Scuttle recipes at least twice each and two of the blue Voljar recipes, one of which at least twice. But the other Voljar blue eludes him.
Question: If I move up to level 16 or level 17 will level 10 recipes still drop on him? I know he is still getting level1 and level 5 greens but as a level 15 he is still in the same tier as those despite being more than 5 levels above.
apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a definitive answer to the level question. I know my teen lvl toons are still getting 1's and 5's, but I don't have an alt past 15 to say if they still get 10's.

It seems like most of the green and blue lvl 10 & 15 recipes are as rare as purple V5's are. I'm still missing a couple myself. I just keep hitting every guild vendor I come across, as well as looting like crazy everywhere I go! I've found recipes in trunks, backpacks, urns, vases, and furniture (like night stands, cupboards and wardrobes). Good luck with the hunt.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should check, as I have a few extra recipes I intended to give an Alt. As for the level of the recipes, I think if you farm the zone for that level, as long as you are not VR, then you will find recipes at that level. I know some of my higher level toons have found low level recipes during the Dolmen rotations (I poke around in bags and stuff while waiting for the worm cult folks to wake up)

Also, check the Guild Traders, most recipes seem to be going for 20 to 50 gold for the lower level ones, at least the couple of traders I looked at had a bunch. My guild bank had a ton of them. So it's possible you can find what you need that way.

Send me a PM in the game and I will check for you in my inventory or the Guild bank when I log in tonight.
    Edited by Nestor on August 27, 2014 10:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    My lvl 15 Pact toon farms Windhelm and Riften usually. Windhelm has a very solid number of desks. He has been doing so since lvl 12.
    At lvl13 he started getting the lvl 15 Pact greens, Worm Tart, Wriggles-In-Gullet and Grilled Worms. I had to move up to lvl 14 to get the level 15 green drinks, Dragon's Tongue Ale, Dragon's Tongue Shirza.
    Along the way he also started popping the level 10 blue foods at toon level 13 and level 10 blue drinks at toon level 14.
    BUT: It wasnt until I made the move to toon level 15 that I got the lvl15 green spirit. I keep thinking maybe I need one more level to get the level 10 blue spirit.

The reason the lvl 10 and lvl 15 blues are rare is that level 15 toons have a much leaner loot table than say level 35's. A lvl 15 toon is not going to see much blue gear drop on him from mobs or chests. Thus a lvl 15 toon is not going to see much blue drop on him from a desk.

My Vet recipe farmer sees two blue recipes a day, at least. I sell them in stores for 90g. Not bad but a blue motif could fetch 250g. Meanwhile my lvl 15 toon sees a blue ever other day, and sometimes its a motif or a duplicate,
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep getting lower level recipes all the time, mostly ones I know, but the occassional one I don't.

Not sure whether the rate at which they drop changes though.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only gotten Grilled Worms. I was farming recipes for all of my Alts and finally got the last one up to L50 Provisioning last night. My second highest level EP Alt is 14 and I still only get L1/L5 Recipes for the most part in Stonefalls :(.

Something similar happened with my DC Alt who I was leveling to L16, he was never getting any L15's till he hit L15 when he got perhaps 2 recipes. When he hit L16 he was getting L20 recipes out of the containers in Crosswych and got another L15 as a Critter drop which really disappointed me. It gave me the impression that I only had L15 to get L15 Recipes out of the containers :(.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    i started hardcore farming pact zone with a lvl 12 toon. when i bumped him to lvl 13 he started popping the lvl 15 worm recipes. when i bumped him to lvl 14 he popped the lvl 15 dragon tongue ale and shirza. he didnt pop the dragon tongue spirit (slash of dragon) until lvl 15
    i only need the lvl 10 blue spirit to complete all of pact lvl 10. but i dont want to make the jump into lvl 20 recipes without getting it.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    but why are you such hardcore farmer?this game is not all about motifs and recipe farming its just illness
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    but why are you such hardcore farmer?this game is not all about motifs and recipe farming its just illness
    Some of us are just collectors and completionists. It is more an addiction than an illness! lol
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    This game is about whatever I want it to be. If I want to have a complete recipe book to take screenshots before the overhaul, that's up to me.
    If I couldn't care less about time trials or zergs, that is up to me.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is about whatever I want it to be. If I want to have a complete recipe book to take screenshots before the overhaul, that's up to me.
    If I couldn't care less about time trials or zergs, that is up to me.

You have problems in life then.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    You have problems in life then.
    @morvegil: What a bonehead comment to make.

@HeroOfEvbof: I took one of my alts up to 15 to see if that made a difference on recipe drops. I make a daily run in Daggerfall for loot and was still getting lvl 1 & 5 recipes. I guild hopped to Wayrest this past weekend to see if it makes a difference and immediately looted a lvl 15 recipe.

The question now is: did it make a difference? Or is it RNG? Maybe time will tell.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time my characters hit VR they tend to become bank sitters. Sometimes they go out on gathering trips. I would rather be working the crafts & barrels (pun intended) than playing VR content as it currently exists. In my world view you are the wierdo. ;)

To the OP: I gave up on the project you are currently on. The RNG gods must hate me. The container nerf hates me, even though I never did the relog to refresh the containers quasi-exploit. Now I just cruise along and let it not bother me.

Good luck with your personal quest, you are on the right track, now it's up to range. Don't forget public dungeon runs. There's that one harder public dungeon in every zone to try as well. Make a special note of any location that has a lot of desks. I suggest ZNB addon.
    Edited by Gillysan on September 9, 2014 10:22PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The question now is: did it make a difference? Or is it RNG? Maybe time will tell.

It's RNG, unfortunately. I'm running an L15 in EP, recipe hunting. I go to Riften and Windhelm, based on what you were trying, and still I am mostly getting L1/L5. I occasionally pick up L10/L15.

The DC Alt, I referred to earlier, is L17 and I tested his recipe discovery in Glenumbra, finding 3 L20 recipes. It's disheartening. All I want on the EP Alt, now, is one Dragon-sap Recipe, I'm not even trying for every recipe just one with a specific ingredient *sigh*.

# edit: That being said, I am not logging on and logging off all the time and I really want to continue levelling the EP Alt :(
    Edited by Woolenthreads on September 9, 2014 11:18PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    As an update, my Dominion toon popped my last needed green. I now have every green recipe in game except Saltrice Slurry which doesnt drop.
    I needed to get my Pact toon off the snide so I bought the last blue lvl 10 he was having trouble finding. He immediately popped a blue lvl 15. I paid big bucks for that blue lvl 10, but I have seen blue lvl 15's in guild kiosks for humungous bucks.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that the 10/20/30 blue recipes were easier to find than the blue 15/25/35 recipes. I found multiple blues of the even numbered recipes and very few of the odd numbered recipes. Then from 35 up I have not had any real trouble finding the blues for both even and odd recipes.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads: It does appear to be RNG related. For the last few nights all I get from the lvl 15 in Wayrest is lvl 5 recipes. Ah well, what can you do?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    :) Be frustrated and hope that the the God RNG favours you in the near, rather than, far future.

• Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farm low level recipes. I intend to own as many recipes as possible by the time of the overhaul and see how much they screw me over.

I wonder if increasing the number of recipes owned only increases the chance of getting screwed over.
    For example, say someone owns all 6 VR5 purple drink recipes. Since all 6 recipes use universal mats (not alliance specific) and all have the exact same result, I can see where it would make sense for ESO to reduce the number of VR5 purple drink recipes to one. If all current recipes will be converted to the closest equivalent after the revamp then someone who learned all 6 would be no better off than someone who learned only one.

Since they've already said they intend to reduce the number of Provisioning mats I'm REALLY hoping they eliminate all Alliance specific mats. That alone would reduce the number of mats by almost half. And since those mats are only used in recipes level 35 and under there really isn't that much demand for them making them really not worth the effort to farm much less store. They could replace all the alliance specific recipes with universal recipes. If that happened then as example, your level 10 AD STA recipe, your level 10 EB STA recipe and your level 10 Cov STA recipe would all be replaced by a single level 10 universal STA recipe that would use mats found in all three level 10 alliance zones. Which would make things much simpler than trying to keep track of what alliance has which mats.

If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they've already said they intend to reduce the number of Provisioning mats I'm REALLY hoping they eliminate all Alliance specific mats. That alone would reduce the number of mats by almost half. And since those mats are only used in recipes level 35

Hmmm.... It does seem likely that they might remove the food level system in Provisioning replacing it with a rarity level system and then have all of the ingredients everywhere randomly. This would make a nonsense out of trying to get that 1 Dragon-sap recipe.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on September 12, 2014 10:59PM

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a link to a spreadsheet list of recipes? Still looking and wanted to use something to keep track of what my characters have already and are missing.

I'm even looking through peoples sigs. :)
    Edited by Gillysan on September 22, 2014 8:35AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to a spreadsheet list of recipes? Still looking and wanted to use something to keep track of what my characters have already and are missing.

I'm even looking through peoples sigs. :)

Not a spreadsheet but I have this one printed off and sitting next to me so I can tick things off, old school B)

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-recipe-master-list/
    Edited by Curragraigue on September 22, 2014 8:52AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    well, I leveled a toon to lvl 16 and he immediately started getting tons of blue lvl 20 recipes 8(. i need to delete him and power lvl a different toon.
    i need blue grilled worms and blue wriggles-in-gullet.
    the only other blue pact recipe i need is blue grilled frog legs, a lvl 35. i should be able to grab it from a kiosk.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found buying recipes is a lot less frustrating and they are relatively cheap for green and blue quality. Purple, I might hold off shopping for awhile and hope I get more drops.

I might copy/paste some tamrieljournal info into a spreadsheet, wouldn't be the first time.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    this isnt a bad spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-GWvhbTu5Ow-UlKe0tcrDLtpB_Puf9VueLgHV8MH8/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Blues start at lvl10. Spirits and Grilled foods can become ENRICHED (using snowberries and salt respectively). Beers and Pies can become FORTIFIED (using Hallertau Hops and Red Wheat respectively). Wine and Soups can become INVIGORATED (using Concord Grapes and Onion respectively).

As for Consummate recipes, they start at lvl 35. Spirits require juniper berry and canis root, Beers require hops and saaz hops, Wines require white grapes and piquant jazbay graped, Pies require oats and barley, Soups require tomato and potato, Grilled foods require pepper and garlic.