Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My female characters sometimes get "man voice" when spurring their horses!

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I might be going crazy, but my female characters seem to experience sudden voice drops when they are attempting to make their horses go faster. It's both funny and disturbing.
Edited by Giraffon on August 27, 2014 2:31PM
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    Better check the downstairs plumbing.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    My character doesn't always whistle when he summons the horse either. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • bluesodafizz
    bluesodafizz
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one having this trouble. My female Khajiit's voice turns into the male's voice sometimes when she yells to get the horse to sprint.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My male Imperial sounds like a chick on his horse. Definitely not on the priority list for fixes but maybe someday :P
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I might be going crazy, but my female characters seem to experience sudden voice drops when they are attempting to make their horses go faster. It's both funny and disturbing.
    I can't comment on your mental health but my female characters show the same infrequent hormonal imbalance ...
    ;-)
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Lol
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, yelling "graaaaah" at a horse to get it to move faster (whether the pitch is high or low) only tends to happen in movies or other fictional settings. I used to ride horses frequently and don't recall making any such noises, in fact one nervous horse I used to ride would have probably been quite disturbed by any similar vocal outbursts.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2014 3:22AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    In my experience, yelling "graaaaah" at a horse to get it to move faster (whether the pitch is high or low) only tends to happen in movies or other fictional settings. I used to ride horses frequently and don't recall making any such noises, in fact one nervous horse I used to ride would have probably been quite disturbed by any similar vocal outbursts.
    Yeah, but I bet you never had to get those horses to move faster OR ELSE THE SIEGE OF ALESSIA WILL FAIL, right? Big diff. ;)

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I bet you never had to get those horses to move faster OR ELSE THE SIEGE OF ALESSIA WILL FAIL, right? Big diff. ;)

I think you are mistaking a horse for a motor-vehicle - if you "graaaah" at some horses you'll not make it to the siege at all, just end up looking like a war casualty because the horse startled and you ended up getting trampled and kicked in the head or something. The horses in ESO have a reliability that is not shared by many of their IRL counterparts!!!
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2014 3:46AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Maybe it's just that one of the character voices that you can pick from is out of sync.

Perhaps the voice changes help the horse perform better in some way?

Edited by Giraffon on August 28, 2014 4:53AM
  • Blooddancer
    Blooddancer
    ✭✭✭

I think you are mistaking a horse for a motor-vehicle - if you "graaaah" at some horses you'll not make it to the siege at all, just end up looking like a war casualty because the horse startled and you ended up getting trampled and kicked in the head or something. The horses in ESO have a reliability that is not shared by many of their IRL counterparts!!!

I make sounds like "Graaaahhh", "Giddyup" and "You %^&*$%£ dumb %£$&!!!" while driving all the time, especially when I am late collecting the twins from my mothers, which I can tell you is far more adrenaline inducing than charging to any siege.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have those of you who have encountered this submitted bug reports in-game using the /bug command? If not, please do, so we can ensure this gets to the appropriate team for investigation. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do!
    Edited by Giraffon on August 28, 2014 3:37PM
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like tennis grunting