Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night's Silence broken after patch?

GhostwalkerLD
GhostwalkerLD
✭✭✭✭
I'm sneaking at "normal" speed after this patch, even with 5 Night's Silence items equipped and Concealed Weapon on my nightblade. Anyone else noticing this?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope that's not true
    Edited by Gilvoth on August 25, 2014 4:55PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, @GhostwalkerLD. We've passed this along.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Blezer
    Blezer
    ✭✭
    I just tried it and it was normal!
    Have you tried to unequippe one of the set items and then equip it back? that normally helps.
    Options
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I tried unequipping the whole set and reequipping, reloading ui, weapon swapping, and relogging, all the usual fixes. If it still works for you, great! Hopefully just an isolated incident. I'd hate to see this set broken again after it was finally working.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just logged in and all looks normal and same speed as was b4 patch. maybe some glitch others having but my speeds are correct.

i would like to mention however that there are often times i do die or spawn to an area and i loose speed all together and slow to a creeping low speed and have to relogg to fix it.
    Options
  • Blezer
    Blezer
    ✭✭
    I would also like to add I'm a vampire so I get the sneaking passive skill. Maybe that has anything to do with it. My class is a templar and I play with a Orc.
    Options
  • elowan
    elowan
    ✭✭✭
    Just to toss my experience in here - just double checked on my VR2 NB, and my 5-piece Night's Silence is definitely working properly (with the newish, properly-defined +60% sneak speed). As I'm sure y'all know, it's really obvious when it's working (practically running while in sneak-mode).

For reference, my NB is a NON-Vampire Wood Elf.
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sneaking at "normal" speed after this patch, even with 5 Night's Silence items equipped and Concealed Weapon on my nightblade. Anyone else noticing this?

The set works just un-equip one of the set pieces and re-equip and your set will work again its a known bug for most set pieces but has yet to be fixed. Yes I have this set and yes I used it after this mornings patch it works just fine.
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen yesterday I was sneaking at normal walk speed with this set, vamp and concealed weapons. I had to alt f4 and come back in since I was in Cyrodil and didn't want to wait in the 110+ person queue to get back in if I relogged.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire Nightblade here.

Logged in crouched, set still working without any issues.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Lord Stark
    Lord Stark
    ✭✭✭
    YES! This has been happening to me, I do have all 5 pieces and randomly it will bug out and I will be sneaking at normal speed, I tried un/re-equipping the pieces but that doesn't help I have to actually re log, (Since I pvp a lot, this is a huge problem because I am either forced to pvp with a useless set bonus, OR log out and have to wait in line for cyrodill again which depending on the time of day can be up to an hour!)
    Lord Stark of Winterfell - VR14 Dk - NA server - Thornblade - Eminent Gaming
    Options
  • Kafolarbear
    Kafolarbear
    ✭✭✭
    Works fine for my Vet 4 khajiit NB
    Veteran Rank 5 Khajiit Nightblade.

For the Queen; for Elswyr!
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something you might want to look at is weapons. I had this happening to me. Maybe it is well known but since this is first time i ever took the time to deck myself out in as many set pieces as i could, it was the first time i noticed.

I have a 2 handed weapon and a 2x1 handed weapon equipped. So with the 2 hand equipped i have the 3 piece bonus and with the 2 one handers i have the 4 piece bonus. Or i do until the first time i switch weapons. After that the only way for me to get the 4 piece bonus back is to unequip 1 and put it back on .

Now this is a different set and was yesterday before the patch, so who knows. But for those of you loosing the bonus at odd times it might be worth a look if your weapons are part of your set.
    Options
  • Lord Stark
    Lord Stark
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely has nothing to do with weapons on my end, it is clearly bugged I assure you. my 5 piece set comes strictly from armor.. Also, you said yours is a different set, if that is the case and its not the "Night's Silence" set, you wouldn't know what we are talking about, the bug mentioned is specific to that set.
    Options
  • Lord Stark
    Lord Stark
    ✭✭✭
    It's also not a constant thing, it goes in and out as we were saying before, you can just log on real fast and see if the set is working and come back with feedback, you have to put some time in and play to recreate whatever sequence of events are causing the set bonus to bug out.
    Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been working for me (all coming from medium armor). I sneak at quite a fast pace with it on.
    Edited by OrangeTheCat on August 25, 2014 7:41PM
    Options
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭

Works for me, but did not before the patch... I can swap weapons now yay lol
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord Stark wrote: »
    Definitely has nothing to do with weapons on my end, it is clearly bugged I assure you. my 5 piece set comes strictly from armor.. Also, you said yours is a different set, if that is the case and its not the "Night's Silence" set, you wouldn't know what we are talking about, the bug mentioned is specific to that set.

Sorry just trying to help. And i assumed it was the speed boost in stealth. And since the set i was trying was seeing less pieces of the set then i had on it could very well have been the same bug only affecting a different set., since all of a sudden showing with one less piece of the set would cause you to loose the speed bonus.

Any who as you say, i was wrong. Ill go back to watching my crit disappear on my night mother set.
    Options
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    Works for me so far.

Bosmer NB Vamp with 5 pieces of nights silence (all medium armor pieces); the vamp speed passive; and concealed weapon on skill bar.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug with night silence if any of your parts are weapons. If you switch weapons then even if the secondary weapon is night silence the speed buff stops working.

You need to have all 5 part being armor parts to avoid this bug.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug with night silence if any of your parts are weapons. If you switch weapons then even if the secondary weapon is night silence the speed buff stops working.

It's always a good idea to build your main 5 Piece Set with Armor, then the other 3 or 4 pieces can be from other sets. Reason, most common weapon swaps go from using 2 Pieces in some way to using 1 Piece (DW to Bow or 1H/S to Staff for instance). This way you can swap between 3 and 4 piece bonuses, or have a 3 Piece Bonus for one weapon, and 4 piece for the other.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it appears that this set did get broken today. I used it earlier for about 3 hours when farming alchemy mats. Then went to do some pvp and now it doesnt work. Tried un-equip and re-equip did not fix.
    @heyguyslol

Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭

Not true I have all 5 pieces as armor and my set is broken.
    Edited by heyguyslol on August 25, 2014 9:53PM
    @heyguyslol

Options
  • Janduin
    Janduin
    ✭✭
    I noticed this last night. It's not just Night's Silence. I'm having issues with just the speed boost from Concealed Weapons not working. Switching from one bar with it and another without shows no difference in sneak speed.
    Janzgrimr - V4 DK -Ebonheart Pact
    Janzig - V4 NB -Ebonheart Pact
    Abdul al-Hazred - LvL 40 Sorceror - Ebonheart Pact
    Jandero - LvL 46 Sorceror - Aldmeri Dominion
    Jagurtha -LvL38 DK - Daggerfall Covenent
    Options
  • Lord Stark
    Lord Stark
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry just trying to help. And i assumed it was the speed boost in stealth. And since the set i was trying was seeing less pieces of the set then i had on it could very well have been the same bug only affecting a different set., since all of a sudden showing with one less piece of the set would cause you to loose the speed bonus.

Any who as you say, i was wrong. Ill go back to watching my crit disappear on my night mother set.

I wasn't trying to discredit the help just replying and sharing my opinion/experience.. It wasn't a issue with me forgetting to make sure my secondary weapon was part of the night mother set like you suggested because like I said my 5 pieces come from all armor slots, which also kind of rules out nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO theory.
    Edited by Lord Stark on August 25, 2014 10:08PM
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    works for me, tho all my night silence set pieces are armor so maybe it's a weapon glitch?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Night's Silence 5 piece bonus works fine for me. What seems to be currently bugged is the stacking of Concealed Weapon. When I am just running around all is working fine, but when I use Dark Cloak the bonus from Concealed is gone. To fix this I sometimes have to unslot the ability (CW) and then reslot it, out of sneak of course. Sometimes I just have to toggle in and out of sneak. Other times nothing fixes it.

I do not however have this issue when I switch weapons.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't scare me like that! It works still on my NB khajiit with Concealed Weapon Rank 4 slotted, not a Vampire or Werewolf if that makes any difference.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on August 26, 2014 1:48AM
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stopped working on my VR12 NB and what I did was remove 1 piece and put it back --- then everything seemed to work.

Also keep in mind, you have to be in full sneak and not detected... put your weapons away as well for extra speed.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checked two of my characters using the set. Both were working as before without doing anything special.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
This discussion has been closed.