The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Crafting Writs Bugs and Suggestions

madangrypally
madangrypally
✭✭✭✭
Craglorn Writs:

Clothing Writs: Craft x2 Shadowspun Shoes, Shadowspun Hat, and Shadowspun Sash.

These only get updated with VR 9-12 items only. VR13 and VR14 items can not be used to complete the Writs.

I crafted VR 9 items and the info below is the cost/reward
Clothing Material Cost: 78 Void Cloth and 6 Style Stones = 312 + 90 = 402 Gold
Clothing Writ Reward: 302 Gold
Total Gold Lost: 402-302 = 100 Gold Lost.

I then crafted VR12 items and the reward is still 302 gold. Thus it cost 18 more void cloth for no gain in the reward.

I then crafted a VR 9 with traits and it did not update the Writ, and it seemed only those with no traits work.

I then crafted VR 9 items and upgraded them to uncommon quality and the reward was still 302 gold. I also found it did not remove the items from my inventory when I completed the Clothing Writ. With this information I tested a few other things.
1: It did not allow me to use these uncommon items for a new clothing writ.
2: I mailed the items to another player who returned the items and it still did not update the writ.
3: I sold the items to a vendor and logged out and back in before repurchasing them. It did not update the writ.
4: I gave them to another crafter and they did not update their Clothing Writ.

=============================================

At this point I switched gears and created a level 1 character. I want to see how viable it is to get low level Crafting Writs. Information will be incoming shortly.

• madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Crafting Writ Board in Daggerfall appears from the distant but as I approach it disappears.

At Character level 3 and Blacksmith level 2; I completed a Blacksmithing Writ and received 603 Experience from Auridon.

At Character level 4 and Blacksmith level 3; I completed a Blacksmithing Writ and received 656 Experience from Auridon.
    Edited by madangrypally on August 25, 2014 4:01PM