Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

hello! noob questions incoming!

mm916
mm916
hello! i recently started playing Eso after i came to realize ffxiv was garbage, so i guess my main questions would be~
1. how much does race come into account when selecting a class to play in End game?
2. does this game "start" at 50 or lvl cap like most MMO's? because questing all day for me is /ugh.
3. and last, how the heck am i post to know how much some of these items im getting, (greens and blues only so far) what are they worth when selling in shout? is there like a thread or fourm of current price listing that im just not seeing?

thanks in advance for all information posted =)
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race is pretty big, dark elf and imperial are the best to choose. You can pve until 50 but if you wanna be a factor in pvp for the big campaigns your gonna need vr1-12. You can grind all these levels so it's no biggie. Look at what others are selling them for.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes. No. Maybe ...

2. Define "start". For me the game started at level 1.

3. About as much as people are willing to pay for it.

;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on August 21, 2014 11:15PM
  • mm916
    mm916
    SirAndy wrote: »
    1. Yes. No. Maybe ...

2. Define "start". For me the game started at level 1.

3. About as much as people are willing to pay for it.

;-)
    i ment like as far as excitement and having more to do that just level all day. or is that all there is to this game except pvp which im not sure ill ever do. just not my thing anymore.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still haven't told as what you consider "end game" or what you define as the "start" of enjoying a game.

So far, it seems that:

a) You don't like to do quests
    b) You don't like PvP

So again, what exactly are you looking for?

Because both (more or less solo) quests and PvP are two big chunks of this game.
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on August 22, 2014 12:50AM
  • Azraeel
    Azraeel
    ✭✭✭
    hello! i recently started playing Eso after i came to realize ffxiv was garbage, so i guess my main questions would be~
    1. how much does race come into account when selecting a class to play in End game?
    2. does this game "start" at 50 or lvl cap like most MMO's? because questing all day for me is /ugh.
    3. and last, how the heck am i post to know how much some of these items im getting, (greens and blues only so far) what are they worth when selling in shout? is there like a thread or fourm of current price listing that im just not seeing?

thanks in advance for all information posted =)

1. Racials can push a little further ahead of others if selected for a specific role, however, if you end up changing your play style along the way, you won't be using the racials as much and end up regretting the whole thing. So, my advice would be to choose whatever you love best. It is a min/max choice vs preference.
    2. There are currently 12 veteran levels above 50, however, if you don't like questing, you can always grind for levels, farm for leveling crafting, or pvp.
    3. You will find a lot of hogers out there, that pretty much collect every damn thing they find. In my opinion, you should keep the following:
    - Enhancement materials, all of them (Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow).
    - Enchantment Aspects (Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow).
    - Raw materials until you are out of the area, then just refine them and discard any leftovers.
    - Materials for crafting (Cloth, Ingots, Potency runes...), you don't really need more than 100 of each type, you can even discard/sell anything your crafting out-levels.
    - Food materials, ONLY the ones you need, discard anything else. There are few that might fetch a nice price, such as onions, red wheat, pepper, and tomato.
    - All trait stones. You don't need more than a stack for each.
    - Non-Racial style materials, the ones for ancient elf, barbarian, primal, and daedric.

Hope that was helpful.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.You can play any race any role. And you char build consists of many factors - armour types combination, traits, jewelry, mundus stone, stats, enchants. So racial bonuses are only one of theses factors so summery build you can modify with other factors.
    2. The game starts with 1st lev. If you prefer PvE first group dangeons you can do at 12-15lev. If you prefer PvP you can get to Cyrodiil at lev 10 (probaly you cannot defeat any one-on-one but in mass PvP you will not be a statist as you HP and damage scales in PvP zone). At 35-45 lev you will get enought skillpoints and skill progress to do builds close to end-game builds (that will greatly help in PvP, your disadvantage will be only in low-lev equipment, but you will be able to win one-on-one with some luck). To tell the truth the game is more interesting while you are questing in 1-50 or VR zones then in the end-game when you are VR12 allready.
    3. Make some craft twinks on account and spread items between them. When you 'll rise their craft skills to 40-50 (and will not be needed to deconstruct all you find) you will learn what is items values and what to do with them. And you'll also have your own crafters that can craft items you need.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Racial passives push you ahead a little, but its not that game changing. there are only a few that give you a significant advantage over others.

your 2nd question... I don't know what you asked:( so im just gonna say this. You can PvE all the way till VR14(that will be max rank by the time you hit VR12, unless you grind it out). you can do dungeons starting at about level 10( most people say 12 but iv done them at 10 plenty of times) You can PVP starting at lvl 10. BUT whether or not you do at before veteran ranks depends on what you want to do. if you want to jump people and do small skirmishes, either go to the non-vet campaign, or wait till veteran ranks. If you plan to mostly be in good sized groups, then go ahead, you will be fine.

for the items you want to sell. Just ask people(I advise asking friends or guild mates, as random people in zone chat might lie to you in order to get a bigger profit, this community is not at a good friendly point just yet)

if you don't like questing, then you can do PvP. if you don't like PvP, then you will have to grind it out. These two things that you don't like, they are basically half of the game each. This game MAY not be for you. But you may end up liking it