Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Complete loss of Character Control - On a Mac

PrinceBoru
PrinceBoru
✭✭✭✭
I saw a thread about losing control of your player over on the PC tech support side. I figure I may get more ideas over here.

My character becomes unresponsive and just runs in any direction w/o commanding it to do so. Complete loss of control at seemingly random times. I am using a Razer Naga which worked fine until latest patch.
My character will just start running sideways, forwards, backwards whatever without any input from me. I can just take my hands off the keyboard and mouse and watch my guy just take off. It is bizarre. I have repaired the game. Im thinking of reinstalling the mouse driver, or alternatively, not using a Razer driver at all. Anyone know where I can find the Razer driver on my Mac so I can delete it?
Any ideas?
It ain't easy being green.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't the Razer software come with an uninstaller application? If there's none on your HDD (e.g. /Applications folder), look for it in the original installer DMG.

This would be your best option for a clean uninstall. Just looking for and deleting files/directories could cause trouble, since there might be LauchDaemons and/or LaunchAgents anywhere in three different library folders on the HDD, which would subsequently fail.

Is your mouse and keyboard on cable, or does any one use BT? Are there other computers/tablets with similar input devices nearby, which could be interfering?

Are Razer mouse and keyboard your only input devices? I ask because beside a cable based mouse and keyboard I have an additional Apple trackpad on the desk, standing aside and used occasionally. If something gets laid on top of it, it can generate spurious input, and the mouse pointer wanders off...
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks I am using a BT keyboard and the Razer mouse. That's it. Nothing to interfere either.
    I used the uninstaller from Razer. Afterwords the character behaved the same way. But I have noticed now that combat triggers the loss of control. My guy will just take off running in some direction.

Using A or D on my keyboard can also trigger the out of control behavior. But again, combat, or rapid commands by me cause this. The mouse/keyboard works fine outside of the game.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got off the phone with ESO tech support and they are aware of this and are sending a ticket for further review so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    The loss of control still happens after this morning's patch.
    It is just unplayable and I am geared up to play!
    Bummer.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't shake this bug. :'(
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    Can't shake this bug. :'(
    If possible try it with another keyboard. Sounds like some problem with tracking key events. I haven't experienced anything like that.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey Moonraker thanks for responding.
    I have tried a different Apple USB keyboard and the behavior was the same.
    Different mouse too. No luck.
    I'm hoping an update will squash this bug because I haven't been playing much at all and I really miss the game.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    hey Moonraker thanks for responding.
    I have tried a different Apple USB keyboard and the behavior was the same.
    Different mouse too. No luck.
    I'm hoping an update will squash this bug because I haven't been playing much at all and I really miss the game.
    I would suggest trying a different mouse also but didn't add it I think because this is not a common issue and I don't believe Mac specific. It would hep eliminate specific issue with the Razor Naga in your setup.

The only other suggestion is to re-install in case something has go corrupted though it's a pain.

Edited by Moonraker on August 26, 2014 6:53PM
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    i have exact this problem too!
    when i go in fight normally with more than one enemy, my character go running in a random way and i cant do anything i should just click that same way once t o fix it
    its unplayable
    im using in my macbook pro
    with razer orochi mouse
    but i didn't have problem at all before theses late patch
    something is broken here
    anyone by a fix?
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    still no answer?!
    why no one wont come here?!
    i cant play the game
    when i go on a combat my character run in a random direction!
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi there @Recoba86‌ - May we please have the ticket number from your support ticket so we can look into this deeper and have someone reach out to you? In the meantime, there are a couple of known issues with Razer mice that we may be able to assist you with.

The Razer control suite - Razer Synapse - can cause a lot of conflicts within the game, from control issues to getting disconnected. We recommend disabling it temporarily to see if it affects your play positively.

Also, we would like to have you try resetting your keybindings to default to be sure that nothing was accidentally assigned to a spot you were not aware of!

To Reset the keybindings:

1.Press [Esc] on your keyboard.
    2.Click Controls in the menu that appears on the lefthand side of the screen.
    3.Click Load Defaults or press X on your keyboard.

Thank you again, and we will be reaching out to you soon!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI I have tried both of those suggestions to no avail.
    The Razer software is nowhere on my computer. I've long since removed it.
    I've also returned in-game bindings to default with no luck.
    I have used different mice and a different keyboard.
    The keyboard directional keys also triggered the behaviors on two USB keyboards.
    There are similar bug complaints on the Windows Customer Support pages.
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    @ZOS_MollyH‌
    i just remove razer synapse
    but still have problem!
    my character will go randomly to a different location when i go to battle! is should click that way to stop my character to run!
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    @ZOS_MollyH‌
    here is my support ticket number
    141015-001002
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Follow up.

We believe we found the issue.
    It is currently possible to flood the Macs event handling system.
    Example when in combat the user rapidly clicks the mouse slowing down
    keyboard command processing.

This bug gets worse at low FPS.

We rewrote the Macs event handling and it now feels like the PC with no lag.
    Updated will be pushed out as soon as we can. Stay tuned for updates.

-- Update.

It normally takes 2-3+ week to push bug fixes out to live.

As soon as we have an official time line we will let you know.

Edited by chris.dillman on October 20, 2014 5:06PM
    -- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    Follow up.

We believe we found the issue.
    It is currently possible to flood the Macs event handling system.
    Example when in combat the user rapidly clicks the mouse slowing down
    keyboard command processing.

This bug gets worse at low FPS.

We rewrote the Macs event handling and it now feels like the PC with no lag.
    Updated will be pushed out as soon as we can. Stay tuned for updates.
    @chris.dillman
    a real answer at last!
    im waiting for update
    do you know a time table for this?!
    becasue i cant play like this!
  • Calmyron
    Calmyron
    Any chance you've heard about the FPS bug showing up in Yosemite? In Mavericks, I would maintain a 20-30 FPS for most everything. Now, after a lot of downsizing of the graphics, I can get it up to 50 FPS, but it still drops to around 5 FPS at certain times, mostly during battles. With the Mac event bug, you can imagine how impossible fighting can be.

MacBook Pro (2012) 2.3ghz i7, 16gb RAM, nVidia 650m 512mb cache
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    Fighting is impossible!
    any news about update?!
  • Calmyron
    Calmyron
    This is getting worse. It got to one point where I wanted to punch a hole through my monitor. I would hit a key to move and the character would never stop. I couldn't even swap weapons. My character would get stuck against a tree or rock or whatever and just stand there and get pummeled.

I've given up. This game has become frustrating. Instead of having an enjoyable time, I want to bite the head off of small children now.

Until this bug is fixed, I'm done.
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    its Worse!
    you know its a critical Bug that your players cant play and still do nothing!
    its not just a ui bug! you should fix it soon not by weeks!
    i just 60 days of my time card for this bug!
    who want to cover this time for me?!
    can play game anymore!
  • Recoba86
    Recoba86
    still no update to this problem?!
    why noone answer here?!
    when you want to update the game for fixing mac key event bug!?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recoba86 wrote: »
    still no update to this problem?!
    why noone answer here?!
    when you want to update the game for fixing mac key event bug!?

Do you still see this issue after 1.5.3?
  • Calmyron
    Calmyron
    Yup, it still happens.
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have complete loss - can usually go forwards or backwards but not change directions, use weapons, etc. Have found that if I sprint it makes the problem go away.
  • Wookyenub18_ESO
    I use the Razer Goliathus Control mousepad - a big one works best - and Razer Synapse which you can tell you are using this specific mousepad, and have NOT had this problem in 500 hours of play on iMac 27" 2012 & 10.9.5. Will see if it appears when I upgrade to Yosemite.
    However, I have had the opposite problem and that is that moving the Razer Naga mouse sometimes does not move the cursor - for five to ten seconds or more. The cause was running over dust or baby powder (not enough to be visible) accumulated at the edge of the mousepad. I shake the mousepad vigorously and swab the Razer sensor with a Q-tip to get rid of that problem.
  • Wookyenub18_ESO
    @chris.dillman
    The event coalescing is apparently not good enough. In Cyrodiil in keep defense I can die before knowing I've been hit. The death recap shows a sequence of FIVE of the same ability (Snipe, Flamelash and others) that have a minimum of 1 second between casts. So what should take at least 4 seconds is happening instantly. This occurs as much as twice per session.
    PC players complain about the same unresponsiveness of "E" to go through doors as Mac Users but I don't think they have this issue or at least not to this extreme.
    In big seiges when I deploy a seige weapon it disappears from inventory and slowly appears on the ground but it is not equipped and I get no "E" to do so. This happens to me often and I haven't heard of PC players complaining of it so I think we still have a big problem on Mac. It's always embarrassing and also prevents a PC player from deploying until "mine" decays ,and when it happens in the tight space of an inner keep we have lost flags and scrolls because of it.
    [iMac 27" 2012 with all upgrades, OS 10.9.5]