Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil for Mac Users

GrimlockSaves
GrimlockSaves
✭✭✭
Is there an ETA on when Cyrodiil will be playable by Mac users? I crash every 5 to 10 minutes, especially when fighting. Basically, it doesn't work. I know this is the case for pretty much all Mac users.

EDIT: Cut out the drama... I really just want to know when Cyrodiil will be playable.
Edited by GrimlockSaves on June 23, 2014 5:28AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the new Update is due this week (today I think for US server) so hopefully there is some more Mac specific fixes in Patch Notes to help this issue.
  • naturn
    naturn
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they help us mac players for pvp content. We buy siege equipment, join a cool group, travel half way across the territory to take a keep. Then just after we put up the siege machine, we get about 3-4 shots and..... <disconnect>.
    <click re-open>
    <wait 5 to 15 minutes> loading screen never ends...
    <click force-quit>
    <reboot the game>
    <after a very long loading time> We find ourselves back in Cyrodiil, but....
    We are dead.
    The cool group has kicked us out.
    We come back in the game far from where we should or want to be.
    Our siege machine is gone and the gold we spent on it.
    Our girl friends/wives are screaming and laughing at us for being so stupid for playing a game where we spend more time on loading screens than they do shopping.
    The few strands of hair left on my head are now lying on my keyboard.
    And even Siri refuses to answer my questions about what I should do now.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    If you want to cut the drama, please, by all means contact support directly:

In-game, press F1 or fn+F1 if you're on an Apple Wireless keyboard or Macbook.

Phone:

America (USA, Canada, Mexico) : 1-844-ZENIMAX (1-844-936-4629)

Rest of the World: +800-6044-6044

Refer to: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7654 for a detailed list of toll free numbers in your country.

These are user forums, ZoS employees read forums posts and answer ocasionally.
  • GrimlockSaves
    GrimlockSaves
    ✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    "Customer Support"... These are not user forums because I am not YOUR customer. Thanks for being smart.

• Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    "Customer Support"... These are not user forums because I am not YOUR customer. Thanks for being smart.

Agree Lavdrop is trolling
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: Don't PvP.

I've unsubbed. This is absolutely pathetic. Release a game on a broken mac client....
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP, but my Mac Pro works great ... for about an hour.

Then it crashes to desktop. Rinse and repeat.

But we knew ESO didn't support multiprocessor (and no, I don't mean multicore) units, so I'm content that it works as well as it does.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Yandros
    Yandros
    ✭✭
    OMG .... Finally .... I just spent an intense 90 mins in PVP fighting huge battles with zero lag and not a single crash ...... THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU :-) .... only reason I did not go longer was because i lost track of time and needed to go sleep ...... normally I cannot stay 10 mins without a crash .......
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I to think that the memory leak is fixed, I can now spend multiple hours in pvp in big scale battles without uberlagg and crashing every 15-30min (just normal lagg)
    although you have the occasional crash or infinite load screen out of nowhere while just running around, but the mermory leak related crashes seem to be solved with 1.3.4 or somewhere around there

Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on August 21, 2014 1:48PM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • dgoss11b14_ESO
    Well for me it definitely it NOT fixed. I run:

Max OS X
    Version 10.7.5
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

There is no reason why I should keep crashing 4-10 times an hour.

I am so very close to unsubbing because I cannot enjoy myself in pvp let alone play properly like any player in ESO should due to lag and huge fps drops.
    Edited by dgoss11b14_ESO on September 11, 2014 3:44AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is no reason why I should keep crashing 4-10 times an hour.

Are you willing to continue testing whether the behavior persists after the upcoming server restarts today (NA) or tomorrow (EU)? Letting the systems run for an extended timeframe (4+ week) probably wasn't the best of ideas, as clearly some issues have crept up over time.
  • dgoss11b14_ESO
    Yeah I will keep trying. I just upgraded my OS to 10.9.4 in the hopes that it may make a difference as well. I'll report my findings here after some time trying it out.
  • dgoss11b14_ESO
    Well guess what, the update made no difference whatsoever. This, combined with the ridiculous imbalance of skills in pvp (mostly with sorcs and nightblades constantly wrecking people), has resulte in me quitting this game (at least pvp) until i see drastic improvements. It saddens me that ZoS has successfully made me hate a game i originally enjoyed quite a lot. I will say that the PvE is great (for the most part, except for some pretty lame mechanics in some vet dungeons.) But i've had enough. Here's to hoping they fix everything so I can enjoy this game again sometime in the near future.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing on a late model 2012 iMac 2.9 Ghz Intel core i5 w/ Nividia GeForce 650M 512Mb, running OSX 10.9.4 8g RAM/ 1 T HDD. I run game settings on medium, Vsync is Off, Shadows on low.... game still looks amazing. FPS is ~30-65 now.

Before patch, crashed in PvP just as others have stated above. After patch, no crashes! So, yes, the patch apparently helped, at least in my situation. :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • dgoss11b14_ESO
    tried that, looks pretty but no difference whatsoever,i still crash constantly.
  • beng
    beng
    ✭✭
    Still crashing as always
    iMac mid 2011 - 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 - RAM 12Go - AMD Radeon HD6750M 512Mo - OS X 10.10.2
  • mossastrand
    mossastrand
    Soul Shriven
    I crashed maybe once an hour and a half before last patch in Cyro. Now I'm crashing ever 10 mins.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I crashed maybe once an hour and a half before last patch in Cyro. Now I'm crashing ever 10 mins.

Remember that after every new patch, you'll need to bring up your add-ons to the newest versions compatible with the new patch, or disable them for the time being if there aren't any yet.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I am not running any addons. Tonight I crashed a total of 13 times, 1 last one after I posted a rant and then I decided I had enough. Cyrodill is once again 100% unplayable unless you enjoy Russian roulette with your gameplay where HEY SURPRISE !!!!! you can crash at any moment, any time and lose all you AP gains from defending or attacking...and not even counting the lost mail and lost gold... basically only some losing.

Cyrodill is a game for sadomasochists... if you enjoy pain and not getting any rewards and being punished by losing your siege and AP gains then Cyrodill is for you. Enroll today and experience the thrills of a game that makes you furious instead of relaxing you and being enjoyable. And the best thing is: you are paying for it
    Edited by Monsoon on September 20, 2014 8:12AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a horrible feeling that Update 4 reintroduced a memory leak to the Mac client. I'm not having crashes in Cyrodiil because I play there on super-low graphics. However, my laptop is heating up considering within 10 minutes of starting the game (rather than after an hour of play), and I am getting stuck on loading screens to the point of having to quit and restart.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil crashes are NOT Mac specific. Go to the War Forum and you will see 90% of players in Cyrodiil are crashing every couple minutes and also being stuck in the spinning wheel of death loading screens too... not a Mac issue
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that Update 4 reintroduced a memory leak to the Mac client. I'm not having crashes in Cyrodiil because I play there on super-low graphics. However, my laptop is heating up considering within 10 minutes of starting the game (rather than after an hour of play), and I am getting stuck on loading screens to the point of having to quit and restart.

It is not a memory leak because it happens too quickly. This is most probably a undefined call the client can t handle or an assertion issue (similar). The game calls for something the client does not understand and crashes. It could be from a spell, from an animation around you, from a graphic, from a sound bite...it could be anything. It could be a combination of those things which makes it a serious pain in the butt to diagnose but the issue is that this should never ever have made it past QA and be in a live patch...ever.

It is like releasing a new car that loose a wheel here and there because they HAD to release the updated model with the new paint job. PVE is being taking care of way more than PVP is...not cool