The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Swap giving UI Error

drkeys143
drkeys143
✭✭✭
First of all, apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, I have done a forum search and couldn't see anything.

I am intermittently getting a UI Error window in the middle of the screen while weapon swapping, doesn't happen all the time, and I have thought on a few occasions that I have cured it, then wham, it's back again. It appears that the culprit is the Foundry Tactical Combat add on, which I really like, and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if there is any known work-around?

I'm not sure what other info you need, but I am NB using DW/Bow, my other adds are Wykkyd Framework and Outfitter, and Greymind Quick Slot Bar, but I have disabled the mods one at a time, and the only time I seem to consistently get rid of the problem is when FTC is disabled, though with the problem being intermittent, it's hard to tell.

Would be grateful if anyone has a remedy, it isn't a massive thing when i am solo, but if I am in group when it happens, I have to spend several seconds freeing mouse, dismissing window, and re-focussing on battle, and it appears to those that I am with that I have just decided to stand there and do nothing, or sort my inventory out, while they are getting assailed by a mob :)

Best Answers

• zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a known bug on Zenimax side. We even found steps to reproduce:
    Garkin wrote: »
    I believe that this issue is not directly related to any addon. You can get the same error message even if you have all addons disabled.

Easy way how to reproduce this issue with disabled addons:
    • open inventory
    • place mouse cursor over any weapon, so you will see comparative tooltips
    • move cursor away at the same time as you press key to swap weapons

How to fix it? Report this issue to ZOS and/or add this line to the addon's initialization routine:
    ZO_PreHook("ZO_InventorySlot_OnMouseEnter", function(slot) return slot == nil end)

Discussion:
    http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595

Theoretically Addons can fix that. but we prefer waiting on Zen to fix it on thier side.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Thanls so much for your prompt reply, much appreciated. Does this line need to go in any particular point of the ini file, or can I just add it at the end?
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thanks a lot for the answers guys, much appreciated
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this problem in the known issues list? I very nearly died several times because of this. It happens not only when switching weapons (apparently at random, sometimes I get an error, other times I don't), but also when I used the Overload ultimate on my sorc (it would give a UI error 100% of the time, which was a pain since I tend to use my ultimate in harder fights...). I've switched to using the Storm Atronach ultimate and have been error-free when using my ultimate.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Well daemonius, I added the code kindly supplied in this thread, and have had no further trouble , UNTIL THIS MORNING! Lol

The problem today has not been quite the same though, but when I have been in combat and tried to switch weapons, I get the white text at top right of screen saying "you cannot change weapons now", and none of the white attacks work, I have to either run away or let the NPCs kill me and resurrect to clear it. Have never known this issue before, but has happened 3 times this morn, may just be the zone I was in at the time or something
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    Well daemonius, I added the code kindly supplied in this thread, and have had no further trouble , UNTIL THIS MORNING! Lol

The problem today has not been quite the same though, but when I have been in combat and tried to switch weapons, I get the white text at top right of screen saying "you cannot change weapons now", and none of the white attacks work, I have to either run away or let the NPCs kill me and resurrect to clear it. Have never known this issue before, but has happened 3 times this morn, may just be the zone I was in at the time or something
    This is completely different issue, this error message is a result of event EVENT_ABILITY_REQUIREMENTS_FAIL with the error code 154.
    You can get this error message when you try to swap weapons while casting a spell.

To cancel cast just hit ESC (twice) or use this addon:
    CancelCast: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info295-CancelCast.html
    There is a know issues sounding similar to this (inlcuding double ESC to cancel), under Combat & Gameplay:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114325/patch-v1-2-3-known-issues/p1

Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bug reported this error, once again, a couple days ago. :(
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Is this problem in the known issues list? I very nearly died several times because of this. It happens not only when switching weapons (apparently at random, sometimes I get an error, other times I don't), but also when I used the Overload ultimate on my sorc (it would give a UI error 100% of the time, which was a pain since I tend to use my ultimate in harder fights...). I've switched to using the Storm Atronach ultimate and have been error-free when using my ultimate.
    This error is specific to weapon swapping. You probably have another bug.

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The above fix didn't work for me. I added it to Inventory Grid View but still happens. I disabled the addon and the error doesn't reference Inventory Grid View anymore.
    ESO_weaponsswaperror.jpg

I have bug reported once again and thus weapons swapping for me is still unusable.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    The above fix didn't work for me. I added it to Inventory Grid View but still happens. I disabled the addon and the error doesn't reference Inventory Grid View anymore.
    ESO_weaponsswaperror.jpg

I have bug reported once again and thus weapons swapping for me is still unusable.
    If the code is loaded, it must work. My guess is that you have added code to some file which is not loaded/used.
    Edited by Garkin on August 3, 2014 7:46PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Attached is stand-alone addon which will fix this issue. Install it as any other addon.

el7ed2.jpg
    Edited by Garkin on August 3, 2014 7:58PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Testing it out and will update here later. Thanks.

Just read the patch notes, they did something with weapons swapping. So it was looking good, now will have to see again if this error has been dealt with.
    Edited by Gillysan on August 5, 2014 11:09AM
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    I find it weird that an addon might fix the weapon swap bug /latency that sometimes prevents weapon swapping.

Just read the patch notes, they did something with weapons swapping. So it was looking good, now will have to see again if this error has been dealt with.

How did the testing go?
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    IceDread wrote: »
    I find it weird that an addon might fix the weapon swap bug /latency that sometimes prevents weapon swapping.

How did the testing go?
    This addon does not fix any issues with latency.

It just fixes this UI error:
    ESO_weaponsswaperror.jpg
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been weapon swapping like mad just like in GW2. I don't dare take out the add-on to see if ZOS fixes made the add-on unneeded. Nothing like having 10 skills+2 ults to work with.

On occasion the latency messes me up some, but as noted this add-on isn't for that.