Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A little help from a veteran Nightblade?

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'd like to see what these abilities are capable of but skill calculators and such provide unreliable numerical values.

I'd like to know the following. Screenshots and / or info on character level / total magicka would be greatly appreciated as well.

- Refreshing Path heal value
- Funnel Health damage value
- Sap Essence damage and heal value
- Soul Siphon heal value
- Bolstering Darkness heal value

Thanks!
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard of anyone taking the bolstering darkness morph.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I figured I'd give it a shot, since I'm considering making a nightblade healer. I started with DK because I thought Igneous Shield looked cool, but then I noticed all of the potential healing from NBs. I just want to have an idea of the values before I remake the character, since I've already made some progress there.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    I'd like to see what these abilities are capable of but skill calculators and such provide unreliable numerical values.

I'd like to know the following. Screenshots and / or info on character level / total magicka would be greatly appreciated as well.

- Refreshing Path heal value
    - Funnel Health damage value
    - Sap Essence damage and heal value
    - Soul Siphon heal value
    - Bolstering Darkness heal value

Thanks!

I can't give you screen shots but I've used them all. Maxing out Spell Damage (130+) and getting macgicka over 2200 will yield the following results in general.

- Refreshing Path heal value -Terrible. It was ticking for like 45 last I used it.
    - Funnel Health damage value - One of the best abilities NB's have. in a Magicka based build it hits for 450-500, crits for 750. Heals in general range from 200-400 depending on crits
    - Sap Essence damage and heal value -Another great skill if coupled with others. Damage is in the 200 range depending but the amount of ultimate you generate is fantastic
    - Soul Siphon heal value -150 per second after the 1.3.4 patch
    - Bolstering Darkness heal value -Pretty damn good heal though many use the Veil of Blades morph. Last I used Bolstering Darkness (1.3.3), it was healing for a lot (300-400 per second if I remember correctly).
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds good, thanks. I think I'll be swapping to a Nightblade.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Green Dragon Blood will heal you better and easier than any of the convoluted ways Nightblades have to go about getting a heal. Funnel Health is your best bet on a Nightblade.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I want to be a healer for group dungeons and such. Self healing isn't the focus.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Green Dragon Blood will heal you better and easier than any of the convoluted ways Nightblades have to go about getting a heal. Funnel Health is your best bet on a Nightblade.

Sadly, so true though if you couple some of these with the Resto staff, a NB does make a good healer for group dungeons. Their Self healing is fairly weak unless you stack a ton of different things.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The advantage of Refreshing Path is that it DoTs your opponent, provides you a HoT if you're smart enough to then move into the Path, and also drains speed from your enemy.

Normally I run with Sap Essence so when I encounter groups I can bolster my weapon damage significantly. If you're fighting a single boss, you only get a minor boost from Sap Essence, so before a boss fight I usually swap in Refreshing Path for Sap Essence. Generally it works better for me in that scenario. Sap Essence does generate Ultimate but if you're going into a boss fight you should already have your Ultimate ready to go.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In a large mob situation like in a dungeon or a dungeon boss with adds Sap Essence is just as if not better then GDB will ever be since the heal doesn't have diminishing returns,heals you and team, buffs you , does pretty decent aoe damage and generates ultimate very well. if you also use funnel health you are set. These skills work best if you are magicka based crit build.

Edited by PBpsy on August 13, 2014 9:53PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I want to be a healer for group dungeons and such. Self healing isn't the focus.

Shouldn't you have asked about Templar than? They are the best healers in the game after all...Though the worse in terms of overall dps.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shadowz081 wrote: »

Shouldn't you have asked about Templar than? They are the best healers in the game after all...Though the worse in terms of overall dps.

I mean I wanted another healer. I have a VR2 Templar healer already. I know them inside and out. :p