Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for armor set tips! Any help appreciated!

Ser Lobo
Ser Lobo
✭✭✭✭✭
So I maxed my character, a damage-focused archer/dual-wield nightblade, and decided to give him some backup roles he can do in group content, namely veteran dungeons and the like. I feel very strongly that I know what gear and item sets I need to optimize that build for pure damage, and am confident in my gear decisions.

My next goal is to learn and optimize my tank. I've got sword and board trained up, and have a comfortable grasp of what skills to mix from class skills to give me good advantage. I do have some dispersion heals which should help my healer out, a good closer, a taunt, and several debuff options, giving me classic tank focus.

The problem starts with gear. I have heavy armor almost maxed out, but am not entirely keen on what armor sets would help me the most. I'm intent on going heavy armor and making it work, so suggestions of light armor or medium would be wasted on me. And I am a master craftsmen who hates to grind, so no dropped gear suggestions, thank you.

That gives me seven heavy armor pieces to work with, plus sword and shield. I'd like any suggestions one what crafted sets you guys think would work best!
Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I have the exact same situation, know exactly what to take for my NB, but my DK tank I have no clue! :disappointed_relieved:
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your tank also a night blade/same character?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    Is your tank also a night blade/same character?

Yeah, I'm multi-training my nightblade into tanking. I had to pick up new skills, and only had to convert one morph for the better heal, but so far even with medium armor his survivability is far higher than it used to be.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, awesome, I did the same thing. I use 5 song of Lamae and 4 alessias bulwark (7 heavy). It raises my armour and health recovery way over the cap. For abilities I use:
    Inner light//sap essence//ransack//absorb magic//siphoning attacks-veil of blades.
    I have been able to solo every craglorn public dungeon except the gargoyle one (I was invited by a friend and couldn't be bothered returning to try for myself).
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning is the NB tanks greatest friend.

Siphoning Strike - must have.
    Interstingly you should choose the version with more Stamina/Mana heal, not the self-heal variant (fell into that trap myself).
    The HP heal version is good if you want to go solo, but in group you got the healer for healing and need that extra stam/man from the non-Hp healing morph.
    High attack speed might be more important then straight up defense to trigger SS more often.
    Also don't forget that passive that gives you Ultimate for every hit with SiphonStrikes.

Strife has morhs good for Tank and healer (nothing relyl for DPS, there are better mana skilsl for that). It gives you a dot (good to keep enemies on you) plus more healing.

Blur from assasin line makes a nice extra defense boost and can becombined with the armor boost if you really need to be tough.

The biggest issue as NB tank is having any form of AoE to keep groups on you.
    I heard path of darkness is slightly better for AoE needs then the Teleport Strike morph.
    But I respecced to DPS before I could test that. Overall aoe damage and thus group tanking is the weak point of the Nightblade Tank, followed by no big passive survivability boosts (but in turn they got really nice actives).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.