Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken Achievements

• EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    Navuri wrote: »
    The achievement for the main quest line is broken too. I have almost completed the complete main quest line (over the course of several months) but the achievements all share the same date of completion.
    Since the achievements weren't being tracked before update 3 they would have no way of knowing when you completed the each quest. This isn't broken it's just a limitation.

I do not get why it would be so hard to award this achievement retroactively?
    "Apprentice Deconstructor"
    I can't disagree they could have. But is it really that hard to deconstruct items (from any crafting profession)? I mean I'm max Blacksmithing and woodworking but I still deconstruct blue or better quality items. From just playing the game I'm at 600 items deconstructed. So I'd say given the ease of this achievement it's not worth it to develop a formula at this point. Plus implementing such a formula into an already live achievement would be a nightmare.

And yet they can track them NOW, otherwise starting from scratch wouldn't matter.
    Still say they should've let us PURCHASE the dyes with those useless "achievement points" we've been accumulating.
    I've seen systems like that done incorrectly in so many games. I welcome this new system. I'm actually fishing for the first time in months because of the dye system and the fishing fixes.

Oh...and if they can track the points we've gotten...why couldn't they retroactively credit us with the achievements (and therefore dyes) that earned those points in the first place?
    This doesn't make sense.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh...and if they can track the points we've gotten...why couldn't they retroactively credit us with the achievements (and therefore dyes) that earned those points in the first place?
    This doesn't make sense.

Okay. I'll go slow.

You get achievement points every time you complete an achievement, right?

There's even a running total of achievement points under the tab of the same name.

Not to mention you have the ability to filter by "complete" and "incomplete" achievements.

What I'm saying is...with all this currently in place...why couldn't they track what we've accomplished and simply credit us with what we've earned so far instead of making us go back and do certain ones again?

Edit:

I'm going to go a step further and say....if these achievements and the dyes are account wide...why do some show for one character but not another if they have no way of tracking what we've accomplished per character?

To me, it reeks of incompetence. Or apathy, I'm not sure which would be worse.
    Edited by MercyKilling on August 12, 2014 6:14AM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    Okay. I'll go slow.

You get achievement points every time you complete an achievement, right?

There's even a running total of achievement points under the tab of the same name.

Not to mention you have the ability to filter by "complete" and "incomplete" achievements.

What I'm saying is...with all this currently in place...why couldn't they track what we've accomplished and simply credit us with what we've earned so far instead of making us go back and do certain ones again?

To me, it reeks of incompetence. Or apathy, I'm not sure which would be worse.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. Why would an achievement system track achievements that have not yet been coded? The fact that you think an achievement system would/should track any action a player does ingame shows how little you know about programming (hence why I said your initial question didn't make sense). In a perfect world where resources are infinite they could track every little thing we ever do and if, in the future, an achievement were to be added they could just, as you say, "retroactively reward us". However that would increase costs for storing all that data which lead to higher costs and possible a higher subscription fee for something that really wouldn't justify a cost increase. Additionally, there would also be a performance cost ingame as extra communication with the server to say, player x just picked a flower, increment their running total of nodes picked, alchemy flowers picked, and this flower type picked. Sure that doesn't currently impact the server much but if the number of track variables was tripled and increased further I bet player would notice.
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    Edit:

I'm going to go a step further and say....if these achievements and the dyes are account wide...why do some show for one character but not another if they have no way of tracking what we've accomplished per character?

Achievements are not account wide. It's not there isn't way to track what one character does it's about what is and isn't being tracked. Also I believe dyes earned by one character can be used by any other character on your account.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're making a lot of assumptions here. Why would an achievement system track achievements that have not yet been coded?

Umm...because I've earned points for achievements completed....THAT ARE ALREADY CODED. I find it difficult to believe you could be this obtuse about how achievements worked prior to the dye system announcement.
    The fact that you think an achievement system would/should track any action a player does ingame shows how little you know about programming (hence why I said your initial question didn't make sense).

Except.....the system previously awarded you with achievement points for completing achievements and KEPT A RUNNING TOTAL OF THOSE POINTS FOR YOU. Hence, it tracks what you're doing to accomplish these achievements.

In a perfect world where resources are infinite they could track every little thing we ever do and if, in the future, an achievement were to be added they could just, as you say, "retroactively reward us".

Again...THE SYSTEM IS ALREADY THERE.

extra communication with the server to say, player x just picked a flower, increment their running total of nodes picked, alchemy flowers picked, and this flower type picked.

I.....have no words. So how do you suppose the game currently (or even previously) knows(knew) when you've deconstructed a set number of items for an achievement?
    How does it know you've completed all the public dungeons of an area for the achievement?
    How does it know you've explored all the special view areas of a map for the achievement?
    How does it know you've gotten all the rare fish for a map for the achievement?

BECAUSE IT'S KEEPING TRACK OF THESE THINGS ALREADY. Well, before Zenimax broke them by adding dyes.

Achievements are not account wide. It's not there isn't way to track what one character does it's about what is and isn't being tracked. Also I believe dyes earned by one character can be used by any other character on your account.

Holy Mother of God, save my sanity. I WAS TALKING ABOUT DYES NOT SHOWING ON ALL MY CHARACTERS. I admit to borking the post and using "and" instead of "for". But it's still pretty clear I'm referring to dyes.

C'mon...somebody has to see what I'm trying to say here. I can't be botching communication up THAT badly.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    (Angry ranting due to failure to communicate their point at all)

You can't really be this arrogant can you? You either have literally no idea what you're talking about or you are absolutely awful at conveying your point.
    I.....have no words. So how do you suppose the game currently (or even previously) knows(knew) when you've deconstructed a set number of items for an achievement?
    How does it know you've completed all the public dungeons of an area for the achievement?
    How does it know you've explored all the special view areas of a map for the achievement?
    How does it know you've gotten all the rare fish for a map for the achievement?

BECAUSE IT'S KEEPING TRACK OF THESE THINGS ALREADY. Well, before Zenimax broke them by adding dyes.

The number of times you deconstructed items clearly wasn't tracked before they added the deconstruction achievement (which happened to added when dyes were added but doesn't actually have anything to do with dyes). Everything else you mentioned have been achievements since launch and were therefore tracked. I don't see what point you're trying to make.

Due to your failure to articulate what the heck you're trying to say I can only guess that either A] You think the developers should be tracking how many things you deconstructed since launch. If thats the case ready my last point. B] The fact that you could deconstruct items since launch means they were tracking it because you don't know the difference between performing an action and recording an action being performed.

Edited by EmeraldEyes on August 12, 2014 1:24PM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know....it becomes clear to me you're either

A] Just not getting what I'm saying. Too bad for you.

or

B] Deliberately trying to goad me....and you're not worth getting moderated over.

In either case, we're done here.

Edit: Because apparently a B followed by a ) makes a smiley. I really hate emoticons.
    Edited by MercyKilling on August 12, 2014 9:17PM
    3) Difficulty slider.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Y'know....it becomes clear to me you're either

A] Just not getting what I'm saying. Too bad for you.

or

B] Deliberately trying to goad me....and you're not worth getting moderated over.

In either case, we're done here.

Edit: Because apparently a B followed by a ) makes a smiley. I really hate emoticons.

Hopefully I can shed some light on this for you.

A) Some dyes I should have aren't showing up: You need to log into all characters that may have completed an achievement unique to those of any other characters you have. Then they will all show up for everyone.

B ) Didn't get credit for previously tracked Achievements: The only achievements that weren't being tracked before were the deconstructing ones. You should have got credit for all the others. If not, It's a bug.

C) Finding a Monster collectible is not giving me the achievement: To get the achievement to show up for monster collectibles you need to "Use" the collectible. This will consume it.

• Cammagno
    Cammagno
    Soul Shriven
    I've completed the Banished Cells, and I got the "Vanquisher of the Banished Cells" achievement. But under the "Vanquisher of the Dominion" achievement, the Banished Cells entry is still greyed out.
    I tried to complete that dungeon again, but nothing changed.
    (screenshot available if needed)
  • Slovenian_Gamer
    Slovenian_Gamer
    ✭✭✭
    I have completed all the Ebonheart Pact public dungeons achievements (prior to 1.3.3 update) and they were marked as completed. However, after the latest patch I don't have any of those achievements... Also I'm not going collect provisioning recipes because I have collected them all. Then how am I supposed to get it?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @MercyKilling. In order to receive the Chitin Accumulator achievement, you'll have to consume the item once it's in your inventory. Let us know if that helped!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Cammagno wrote: »
    I've completed the Banished Cells, and I got the "Vanquisher of the Banished Cells" achievement. But under the "Vanquisher of the Dominion" achievement, the Banished Cells entry is still greyed out.

I had this problem, too (completed Banished Cells months ago and got that Vanquisher achievement, but it wouldn't tick off for the Dominion achievement). I had finished all the other Dominion group dungeons, so the missing Banished Cells prevented me from receiving the Dominion vanquisher achievement. But then I got back-credited for it in 1.3.4, even though it wasn't mentioned in any patch notes.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy to see this morning that many of my previously bugged achievements/dyes had been fixed, such as the ones for learning recipes and racial styles.

However, I am still having a problem very similar to the one described by c0rp:
    c0rp wrote: »
    Theres an achievement that requires you to locate the 6 special interest points of Reapers March. I have found them all. My map shows them all "white" as discovered. My achievement page shows that WILLOW GROVE CAVERN has not been found. Which also prevents the higher AD achievement for finding all the special interest points in all the zones from activating. WHich also prevents the higher AD achievement of finding EVERYTHING in the zones from activating.

In my case it is Little Ozur's Camp which remains unchecked in the Reaper's March Pathfinder achievement list, no matter how many times I go over there and rough up Little Ozur and his friends. That achievement is a prerequisite for the Reaper's March Master Explorer achievement (and dye color Jode Red), which is in turn required for Aldmeri Master Explorer (and dye Ayleid Gold).

I put in a /help ticket about this, and the person who responded said that he could not manually fix it for me, and suggested that I report it via /bug, which I did.
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
    CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • Toxictoyoursanity
    Toxictoyoursanity
    Soul Shriven
    N/A
    Edited by Toxictoyoursanity on April 16, 2018 6:15PM
    Midway upon the journey of our life,
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straight forward pathway had been lost.
    Inferno, Canto I - Dante
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following achievements are not retroactively provided for actions completed prior to v1.3.3 going live, and will need to be completed again to earn the dyes:
    • Apprentice Deconstructor
    • Apprentice of Refinement
    • Conqueror achievements
    • Epic Provisioning
    • Expert Deconstructor
    • Expert of Refinement
    • Grand Templar Slayer
    • Grand Sorcerer Slayer
    • Grand Dragonknight Slayer
    • Grand Nightblade Slayer
    • Iron Chef
    • Legendary Blacksmith
    • Legendary Woodworker
    • Legendary Clothier
    • Master Deconstructor
    • Master of Refinement
    • Renowned Provisioning
    • Vanquisher achievements

Mind explaining why Conqueror achievements are NOT retroactively provided? I understand if certain things were never tracked but if I gained a conqueror achievement that means I have killed ALL of the bosses in a certain dungeon and they were tracked.

I have been dutifully completing all of the Public dungeon bosses and am up to gold, area 2 completed (for me that's Grahtwood). I still have my EP area finished but I did notice I was missing my DC one and opened it up to find ALL of the bosses from Obsidian Scar and Bonesnap Ruins were removed.

Don't worry about me though, I am fed up with slow and often broken "fixes" so I spent last night RE-killing the bosses in those 2 public dungeons and regaining my already earned title (DC conqueror)

My biggest concern is why these achievements randomly break and have to wonder what else is broken that I haven't discovered yet.

• BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems that "Expert of Refinement" achievement form Crafting:General tree is broken - this achievement mechanic works in wrong way.

In Description it is written that to earn this achievement you need to Refine 30/300/3000 raw material, but in fact for each successful attempt to refine 10 raw material you get only +1 credit to the achievement instead of +10. So that means you need to refine 300/3000/30000 raw material - sounds a bit insane, especially for those who passed all leveling/gathering stages and for long time plays only end-game content.

Would be nice to hear any response form Zenimax about this issue, thank you very much in advance.
  • coolert7eb17_ESO
    coolert7eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    BEZDNA wrote: »
    Seems that "Expert of Refinement" achievement form Crafting:General tree is broken - this achievement mechanic works in wrong way.

In Description it is written that to earn this achievement you need to Refine 30/300/3000 raw material, but in fact for each successful attempt to refine 10 raw material you get only +1 credit to the achievement instead of +10. So that means you need to refine 300/3000/30000 raw material - sounds a bit insane, especially for those who passed all leveling/gathering stages and for long time plays only end-game content.

Would be nice to hear any response form Zenimax about this issue, thank you very much in advance.

Yes. It very hard to take. 3000 points its about 9000+ times to gather any resourses to refine. Same tipe achivment "Master Deconstructor" more easy to make.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @MercyKilling. In order to receive the Chitin Accumulator achievement, you'll have to consume the item once it's in your inventory. Let us know if that helped!

I stand corrected. Thanks ever so much...but I have a further question, if you would indulge me?

I don't remember anything detailing how that worked. What I mean to say is I don't recall where(if anywhere) that step is explained to me. Could you point me to it?
    3) Difficulty slider.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    not sure if its bad luck on my part, but i'm starting to think the Ilyadifish from the auridon angler achievement is no longer catchable. i have burned 400+ guts and haven't seen one.
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • zyr1987
    zyr1987
    An odd case of getting an achievement too early. I got the shattered remnants achievement, which is for doing all of the main story quests in the rift, after only clearing the Vernim Forest. This was a while ago and I cleared the rest as appropriate (I literally just cleared Cadwell's Silver tonight, and Cadwell's silver was why I was in the pact in the first place), so I can't get a screenshot, but I'm sure someone can
    Edited by zyr1987 on August 15, 2014 10:25AM
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Vanquisher of the Dominion" seems to ingore "Vanquisher of the Banished Cells".

Chat links for both:
    |H1:achievement:1075:4:0|h|h
    |H1:achievement:325:3:1399488758|h|h
    Edited by zgrssd on August 15, 2014 12:37PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    "Vanquisher of the Dominion" seems to ingore "Vanquisher of the Banished Cells".

Chat links for both:
    |H1:achievement:1075:4:0|h|h
    |H1:achievement:325:3:1399488758|h|h

I have the same problem exactly:

Screenshot_20140815_032203_zpsc01c82ab.png
  • Razgar
    Razgar
    Soul Shriven
    It seems the wording on the Master of Refinement is not matching the updates.

The wording says "Refine 3000 raw materials". It takes 10 raw materials to do 1 refinement, to me this means I need 3000 raw materials, and have to do 300 refinements.

It is only counting one tick every time I refine 10 raw materials, it is going to take 30000 raw materials to get this achievement.

It needs to be corrected or reworded.
  • Cammagno
    Cammagno
    Soul Shriven
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    Cammagno wrote: »

I had this problem, too (completed Banished Cells months ago and got that Vanquisher achievement, but it wouldn't tick off for the Dominion achievement). I had finished all the other Dominion group dungeons, so the missing Banished Cells prevented me from receiving the Dominion vanquisher achievement. But then I got back-credited for it in 1.3.4, even though it wasn't mentioned in any patch notes.

1.3.4 didn't work for me, but later, when I completed City of Ash, Spindleclutch and Crypt of Hearts (I did them in a row, so I don't know if one of them is enough and which one), I also get the Banished Cells entry activated. Very strange indeed.
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    A lot of my achievement dates have been "reset" to 8/5/2014, I think this is the day I re subbed my account. I completed a lot of achievements in April but yet they are showing as completed on August 5th. :|
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of my achievement dates have been "reset" to 8/5/2014, I think this is the day I re subbed my account. I completed a lot of achievements in April but yet they are showing as completed on August 5th. :|
    A friend of mine had "time in inbox" for in game mail going back years into the past.
    But this might just have been his windows giving the game faulty dates (it was not the only oddity of his computer).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently short of the Exploration: Aldmeri Dominion achievement (along with several others) because my journal didn't update.

My journal says I need to "find" Little Ozur's camp and Willowgrove Cavern.

Well, I have those two spots solid white and as "found" on my map. I have visited them a few times just to make sure.

Anyone else have this problem? Know bug?

Thanks, Reften
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razgar wrote: »
    It seems the wording on the Master of Refinement is not matching the updates.

The wording says "Refine 3000 raw materials". It takes 10 raw materials to do 1 refinement, to me this means I need 3000 raw materials, and have to do 300 refinements.

It is only counting one tick every time I refine 10 raw materials, it is going to take 30000 raw materials to get this achievement.

It needs to be corrected or reworded.
    The way ZOS handled this achievement is a real ball buster. Not only am I level 50 in all 4 professions with mats harvested from nodes, I actually earned
    Grand Master Crafting Harvester Harvest any crafting materials 10000 times.
    I guess ZOS thinks I sold all those mat instead of refining them to level my professions. Or I guess they could ALL have been alchemy nodes. Sarcasm aside, it seems there are several measurements that could have been used to award this achievement retroactively. As it stands, I've been working my adze off harvesting everywhere I go, and I've barely made a dent in this achievement.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    if someone is willing to help me out here, reading the OP tells me that as of right now, the only fishing achievement currently broken is the Glenumbra one. everything else working as intended.

anyone with a different experience?
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    if someone is willing to help me out here, reading the OP tells me that as of right now, the only fishing achievement currently broken is the Glenumbra one. everything else working as intended.

anyone with a different experience?

I've fished about two thirds of the game (AD, EP, Cyrodiil, Coldharbour, most of Craglorn) and all of the achievements for those seem to be working. Not perfectly, of course. You can still only catch rare Rift lake fish in Auridon at the moment, guts don't drop for anyone over level 5 (or was that 6?), and Reaper's March green fish still replace Coldharbour's in the journal.

I know it's listed in the original post, but the Craglorn delve I'm having problems with is Rkundzelft. The individual delve achievement is unlocked but it doesn't show in the achievement for exploring all delves.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.