The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Virus Protection wont allow launcher to update??

Lordballak69
Lordballak69
✭✭✭
I tried running my launcher this morning.. and all i get is "error, Unable to download manifest". When i click on update or Repair my virus protection will not allow it to run. I have NEVER had an issue like this before. I am running the same virus protection that i have had for a long time, this is a NEW issue!!!.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Similar problem here. Today Avast blocked the game launcher and informed me it might be infected with Win32:Evo-gen.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    Similar problem here. Today Avast blocked the game launcher and informed me it might be infected with Win32:Evo-gen.

Same exact problem!!!
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here. I just logged off my game a few minutes ago... Launcher was left open. Then, suddenly my AVAST starts acting up, and continuously blocks "virus threats."

An example of "one" of them.

ayEOW.JPG

I ran a virus scan, and nothing turned up. Rebooted my PC. Still the same result happening. I launch ESO Launcher, and AVAST starts detecting threats continuously.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Same here. I just logged off my game a few minutes ago... Launcher was left open. Then, suddenly my AVAST starts acting up, and continuously blocks "virus threats."

An example of "one" of them.

ayEOW.JPG

I ran a virus scan, and nothing turned up. Rebooted my PC. Still the same result happening. I launch ESO Launcher, and AVAST starts detecting threats continuously.

Thats it exactly.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Brabok
    Brabok
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously the problem is with avast and not with the game.
    try adding the launcher and the game as exception. Might also be an idea to send a report to avast, informing them of the false positive.
    Never argue with Idiots
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same exact problem!!!

Are you using avast?
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭

Same exact problem!!!

Are you using avast?

yes.. avast. Even with it turned off.. the launcher is not working properly.
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Avast. These are the 2 alerts that keep popping up.

URL hxxp://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest
    Infection Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

URL hxxp://launcher.bethesda.net/ESO/depot.patchmanifest
    Infection Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

*EDIT: Turned off Avast and was able to get it to launch. I put the url in the exceptions list but it was still blocking ESO. Not sure what to do going forward since I don't want to keep avast turned off. Any recommendations would be appreciated
    Edited by NukeAllTheThings on July 31, 2014 10:51AM
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did send a report for false positive.

Even though I added the launcher to the safe list, Avast keeps blocking it. It's the partial file of the manifest it doesn't like, and I guess partial files have different ID each time... Stupid AV chimed 36 times in a few minutes, can't add them all :/

I just disabled it for the time being. Hopefully Avast will resolve the matter quickly.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    4vpk82r2wnfn.png

This is what i am getting now.. no way to fix :(

Every now and again i do get a repair button.. i click it.. nothing happens.. and then back to the no button screen :( ERRRRRR
    Edited by Lordballak69 on July 31, 2014 10:57AM
  • ZOS_JuhoJ
    ZOS_JuhoJ
    ✭✭
    Greetings Everyone!

Thank you for informing us about this False Positive. We recommend you submit the file(S) that were detected to Avast for analysis for being False Positives.

If you want to add an exception for The Elder Scrolls Online in Avast, follow these steps:
    1. Open the Avast! User Interface and go to "Settings" > "Antivirus"
    2. Find the "Exclusions" tab and browse for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher folder or the Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe and ESO.exe file paths in the "File Paths" tab
    3. After adding each path to the Exclusions File Path area, click "Add" to add the file/folder
    4. Added File Paths/Folder will now be excluded from any Avast! scanning and all shield protection
    5. Click "OK"
    6. Try running and playing the game again

If you require any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact our support team at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
    Staff Post
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    Although this did help with avast.. i am still getting "Unable to download manifest" and getting NO way to fix. when i do get a repair option i click it and nothing happens.. Sometimes the launcher will say updating.. but it stays at 0% and nothing happens!!!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem using Avast. Disabling Avast stops Avast errors but I still cannot get manifest and have no Play button in launcher. I can just run ESO.exe from the program file directory and not go through the Launcher. But that is obviously just a temporary solution. When they do the next patch (Monday?), I think we will need the latest and greatest manifest.
  • draconima
    draconima
    Soul Shriven
    did all what ZOS_JuhoJ said to do. still getting same errors has the people above. avast avast already sent the files to the sandbox its too late... restoring it did not fix the problem... and doing repair doesnt work either
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't use Avast. Does it have a firewall too? If it does, you'll need to add an exclusion in the firewall as well, as the false positive most likey adding a block to the program.

Maybe this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpd9lc4CCE
  • natashaboorb16_ESO
    ZOS_JuhoJ wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone!

Thank you for informing us about this False Positive. We recommend you submit the file(S) that were detected to Avast for analysis for being False Positives.

If you want to add an exception for The Elder Scrolls Online in Avast, follow these steps:
    2. Find the "Exclusions" tab and browse for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher folder or the Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe and ESO.exe file paths in the "File Paths" tab
    3. After adding each path to the Exclusions File Path area, click "Add" to add the file/folder
    4. Added File Paths/Folder will now be excluded from any Avast! scanning and all shield protection
    5. Click "OK"

If you require any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact our support team at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

Yay! I did this and it actually worked! I am usually really terrible with anything computer related so a big thank you for writing such clear instructions. <3
    Altmeri tradition, magic, mystery, horror.
    Kaetlyn Ralleidril
    Morwinyon of Summerset
    ---
    [NA]Anicalise -- And she loves you, stranger!
    [EU]Estelara -- The Songflower, the Bandit.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always turn off antivirus programs when downloading patches, otherwise stuff like this happens. Usually works.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Bitdefender also blocks and recognizes eso.exe as malicious. It's been like this for months.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings Everyone!

5. Click "OK"

I tried this and this also worked, thank you!
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone!

5. Click "OK"

Thank you for the help on this
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Shortnsmelly
    Shortnsmelly
    Soul Shriven
    I would be more interested to know why it is finding it as an error. Its been done by others before, maybe they did put in a tracer for some reason. Would you really be surprised if they decided to add something to get information from people also.