The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bank Manager RIP?

kewl
kewl
✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info291-BankManager.html#info

https://github.com/bcreusot/BankManager

Unfortunately Patch 1.2.3 broke the popular addon, Bank Manager. To make matters worse, the addon may be without a developer.

From Todo, "I'm actually trying WildStar so if I like it, I'm considering switching on it. ESO is kinda super slow to play. I prefer games like GW2 very dynamic . But we'll see!"

Is there anyone in the community willing to pick it up if Todo leaves for WildStar?
Edited by kewl on June 26, 2014 5:51PM
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't pick it up, (I have too many other things to do) but I fixed my own copy. They replaced the enchant rune category with a category for each type of rune, and the scroll category with the racial motif category.

Simply doing that "swap" gets it back up and running.
    Achievements Suck
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    I can't pick it up, (I have too many other things to do) but I fixed my own copy. They replaced the enchant rune category with a category for each type of rune, and the scroll category with the racial motif category.

Simply doing that "swap" gets it back up and running.

Could you post the code or make it available for upload? Thanks!
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicster's inventory insight does the keep track of alt's Inventory. Just no automatic mooving to the bank.

Also note that the Addon has been oppened for optonal patches (like it happened with ZrMM and Batman Store Filter before). So other ESOUI users can make fixes/optional patches.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if GnatB = SnowmanDK(on esoui) but there is a link there to a fixed version.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    I don't know if GnatB = SnowmanDK(on esoui) but there is a link there to a fixed version.

TY for the heads up!
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, but I'm probably not the only one who just fixes their addons themselves until an "official" fixed version is available.
    Achievements Suck
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plugin published by SnowmanDK. I love this guy!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info597-BankManager.html
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank the 8! I could never play this game again if I had to do the inventory management with vanilla interface drag & drop. I was already looking at other games to go play but had decided to give the addon community a couple of weeks to readjust from missing players before canceling my subscription.

I'll spread the word. :)
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank the 8! I could never play this game again if I had to do the inventory management with vanilla interface drag & drop. I was already looking at other games to go play but had decided to give the addon community a couple of weeks to readjust from missing players before canceling my subscription.

I'll spread the word. :)

I too have found inventory management time consuming. Without addons like Bank Manager (BM,) the game would become monotonous.

SnowmanDK created a patch and then contacted Todo, who fixed BM for 1.2.3. Its not clear if Todo will do future fixes, but it sounds like he's done with ESO.

Looks like the addon, Personal Assistant, does allot of what BM does. The autor is actively developing it. I'm going to start using PA on an alt, to see how it works.
    Edited by kewl on July 5, 2014 5:31AM
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using an extremely similar mod called Personal Assistant. Absolutely love it and it is up to date as of 7/05/14

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info381-PersonalAssistant.html

if you have mules you NEED this mod!
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Installed Personal Assistant, going to see how this goes. :)
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Installed Personal Assistant, going to see how this goes. :)

@Gillysan It is lacking some of BMs features. I sent a very vague feature request to PM author. Have to be more specific. This is what I have so far. Can you think of anything else?
    • Interface Group all related items Blacksmiting Woodworking, into sub menus.
    • Ability to move weapons and armor.
    • No milliseconds transfer delay with BM. All items transferred at once.
    • Auto stacks items in the bank.
    • Chat output how much of what was moved, and how much was not moved.
    • Chat output shows quality by changing text color of items.
    Edited by kewl on July 27, 2014 2:03PM
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Off the top of my head the transfer delay may now be necessary. Some time ago they added cool downs to prevent add on's from spamming the servers, so I imagine this is also affecting Personal Assistant.

A better order of the item categories in the settings is indeed needed. It didn't take me long to adapt to how it is now however. Also a if they take only one line in the list would help, that way it shortens the list and visually that is easier to scan.

Can't think of anything else just now, busy playing the game. :D
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wow. Add-on goes out of date and you start to look for another games to play because of that. Inventory management might be big deal, but still.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is what I wrote and that is what I meant.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then it might be better if you just go.
    You don't sound like you remotely enjoy the game and you will propably disrupt other peoples enjoment of the game if you play it like you are.

If you are overacting that badly to an addon going out of date, I would not want to end up with you in the same PvP or PvE instance.
    You might start rage quitting, insulting or fake reporting on the first wipe or some other minor inconvenience.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Austin.Swiftb14_ESO
    So I am new to this add-on. but when I go to the settings it says my Bank is not working. Is this add-on not working right now? Please get back to me if you know how I can get it running.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a fix for the MINION version of this or do I have to get it a second time through esoui?
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a fix for the MINION version of this or do I have to get it a second time through esoui?
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The current version is working for me. But who knows what will happen after Update 3?
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭

AFAIK, Minion is just a tool by the folks at ESOUI to make it easier to use the addons. So they should be the same version.

That said, apparently latest update broke things.
    Achievements Suck
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »

AFAIK, Minion is just a tool by the folks at ESOUI to make it easier to use the addons. So they should be the same version.

That said, apparently latest update broke things.

Yeap most of my addons broke down , thankfully some of the modders got right to it and fixed a few.

Hope more are fixed soon, really missing some of them right. I had forgotten how bad the normal HUD is.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Then it might be better if you just go.
    You don't sound like you remotely enjoy the game and you will propably disrupt other peoples enjoment of the game if you play it like you are.

If you are overacting that badly to an addon going out of date, I would not want to end up with you in the same PvP or PvE instance.
    You might start rage quitting, insulting or fake reporting on the first wipe or some other minor inconvenience.
    ...or perhaps you should go since you take such great offense to someone stating a simple fact.

Simple fact the UI and inventory management in this game is completely lacking. If no addons/modding of the UI were ever allowed then we would be at the mercy of what the devs put in or leave out. We would have to put in requests to them and then hope that they see our requests as being part of their vision of the game. This "immersive" vanilla UI might be enjoyable to some people but it wouldn't work for a lot of people, especially crafters. Take a look at any company in the world and a great deal of time, money, and people are involved in the logistics and management of their materials and products.

In ESO as you level up your crafter(s) this becomes more and more of an issue, especially since we don't have bottomless storage in our bank or characters. Thus it necessitates the shuffling around of a lot of items. Take on all crafts and that shuffling around really becomes major task that requires more and more of your time.

Blacksmithing 18 space slots (not counting multiple stacks of supplies)
    Woodworking 18 slots
    Clothier 18 slots
    Enchanting 38 slots
    Alchemy 27 slots
    Provisioning not even worth counting, you need a guild bank or my method of only doing it when I need a supply food for the character I'm actively playing with at the time.

Add on top of this all the other drops you get as you go along, being added to with 6 characters of different levels, and you have to come up with a method to manage it. That is where addons come in and become important.

There are other games that don't allow addons/mods but the game devs added many features to help players manage their items. EVE Online has way more items than this game, this game is childs play compared to that game. However, the devs have never really stopped adding features to deal with it even after 10+ years, the inventory management is continuously evolving.

I could write more but I need to go make breakfast now and get some errands done. My response is rather long winded but I thought I would educate you with reason instead of the emo response you gave to my statement. My statement was short and perhaps that was my mistake. Also, the server downtime just started so there isn't anything else to do but check the forums.