The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Think they will remember soul tether alongside of the Magma armor scale fix?

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
as of 1.3.1 when they managed to lessen magma armor from doing 10X to about 3-5x normal damage, they completly forgot soul tether..

its still doing this,

d83Eb2o.png

and while im sure some would argue its ok, likley just to troll i think we can all agree that this level of power cannot go live without ZOS finding themselves having to scramble to fix it in the backlash that will occur..

I will say tho... its kind of fun to mess with abilitys that are broken like this here on the PTS... Magma armor was fun like nothing else.... i bet you could have blown through trials with the DKs using that instead of Banner, since it was doing more damage than the banner could ever dream of. hell i remember doing the first few fights of the Warrior trial with a Sword and Board DK using this.... was able to kill everything but the bannermen
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I have a NB centered around using Soul Tether. I find nothing wrong with this.

;)
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man, that's only 3,547 damage by the time the stun wears off if you have no sta to CC break. Completely underpowered. Buff it more imo... lol.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiljaz wrote: »
    Hey man, that's only 3,547 damage by the time the stun wears off if you have no sta to CC break. Completely underpowered. Buff it more imo... lol.

i have seen it hit 1.4k on ticks while messing in PTS =P
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Bah that's nothing.... I've been hit for 3.2k instantly by light staff attack burning proc on live... lol.... :( damn cheaters.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any changes to this with Patch 1.3.2?
    If not, I will start to level up Soul Tether on Live. :p
  • Kosilein
    Kosilein
    i have reached max lvl yet :smiley:
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    I can see NB gankers having wet dreams about this...
    Ambush->Soul tether->Dead player.
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Hell, just soul tether from stealth for reasons of humor lol...
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    691 is nothing... It does 749 with my resto out for some reason, and thanks to the fact that I have 139 spell dmg while stealthed. Yeah. Its painful for players, and no it doesn't need a nerf. And no. Its not broken. People who want to nerf NBs keep forgetting we have so many broken passives that make up for our 2.7k crits out of stealth and simple Impale to finish you off for another 1.5k crit. I'll take crits over broken passives any day tyvm. ;)
    shadowz081 wrote: »
    I can see NB gankers having wet dreams about this...
    Ambush->Soul tether->Dead player.
    Pfft... We already have that, Ambush (1k-1.5k) -> Surprise Attack/Concealed Weapon (1.7k-2k) -> Dead Player
    Or if you're lucky and can get close enough, Suprise Attack (2.7k-3.1k) -> Dead Player
    Edited by Panda244 on July 30, 2014 1:18PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrosive Armor is still scaling with Stamina the same (it scales with Magicka Slightly worse) but with soft capped stamina, i get 404 Damage per Second.

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just got back from looking at my stats. This is all in stealth by the by.

Spell Damage- 139

Weapon Damage- 173

Spell Crit- 20%

Weapon Crit- 51%

Basically a Nightblade with my build or a build similar to mine can two shot or three shot a V12 in Cyrodiil as long as they don't have any impenetrable gear. Surprise Attack generally crits for 2.4k-2.7k when I come out of stealth, ambush is anywhere from 1.5k-1.7k and OUT of stealth Surprise Attack usually crits for 780ish damage. So... Thats about a three shot easy on a v12. Now, if you drink a spell damage potion right before you do it (Boosts my Spell Damage by 24) Surprise Attack will crit coming out of stealth for 3.1k-3.5k Which... Is 90% of the time instant kill in PvP. Ambush crits for about 2.2k-2.4k With the potion. Now... For Soul Tether.
    On my resto bar it deals 749 damage base, trying to get it to crit is annoying because of my low spell crit. But it crit for around 1,700ish on a v12 mob in Craglorn. So my guess is it would crit for around the same damage as Surprise Attack coming out of stealth. But then theres the tick, and Surprise Attack... And Impale.. So Soul Tether coming out of stealth is generally going to be a two shot or three shot. :D

The downsides to this build is barely any stamina, mine is at like 1,100ish. When I have 2,700ish HP and 2020ish Magicka, boosted 300ish points with a sweetroll. All my medium armor is health enchants. Of the Air set.

Edited by Panda244 on July 30, 2014 11:20PM
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    With new spell damage softcap the Spell damage potion will give around 100 more damage when attacking from stealth.

Were you testing surprise attack damage on mobs or on enemy players? For example Ambush has different stealth damage multipliers, around 3x on enemy player, 5x on mobs It may be the same with surprise attack.
    Edited by Reremnu on July 31, 2014 10:23AM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an FYI, Soul Tether no longer recieves the Stealth Crit bonus. I believe they changed it when they changed Soul Harvest from critting from stealth (remember those 7k crits?).
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    As an FYI, Soul Tether no longer recieves the Stealth Crit bonus. I believe they changed it when they changed Soul Harvest from critting from stealth (remember those 7k crits?).

You are correct and the change still hasn't been documented that I've seen. I created a thread and posted in many others the day after this change.
    Edited by Vuron on July 31, 2014 2:44PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These 2 abilities still need a damage nerf before going live though.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't... Until they fix our broken passives all of our ahem, "Overpowered" abilities are going to stay overpowered. Considering Nightblades are the go to DPS class, or they're suppose to be

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

No they don't... Until they fix our broken passives all of our ahem, "Overpowered" abilities are going to stay overpowered. Considering Nightblades are the go to DPS class, or they're suppose to be

I'm sorry "Broken" passives doesn't mean you should get something incredibly overpowered because you've not learned how to play your class yet in PvP.
    Also, Your class is not the "DPS" class just like the DK isn't the "TANK" class
    That mindset doesn't work in this game at all. Otherwise I can proudly point you to my Nightblade Healer who's incredibly powerful compared to the Templar, while having incredible DPS.

Edited by Xsorus on August 1, 2014 6:02AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    ...trying to get it to crit is annoying because of my low spell crit. But it crit for around 1,700ish on a v12 mob in Craglorn. So my guess is it would crit for around the same damage as Surprise Attack coming out of stealth. ...

Shadow Cloak morphed to Shadowy Disguise for critical buff.
    +70% weapon and spell critical at level 1; 100% weapon and spell critical at level 4.
    It will also activate the Master Assassin passive at the same time.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can leave them like this as long as they make all the other ultimates follow suit. If these remain the only 2 ultimats with powerful per-second tics you best believe everyone who can will be switching to them and the fields will be covered with the dead and everyone will be here posting their death recaps with soul teather and magma armor in them.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on August 3, 2014 6:17PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they didn't remember as i've just got ripped to shreds by a Nightblade.

Screenshot_20140805_214604_zps8370f911.png
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they didnt fix magma armor. just had it in my death report with ca 2k dmg several times...
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    1st time a nightblade ability has bugged in favor of the nightblade :o.
    It feels wrong, I don't like it.........
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These two werent the only two buffed. Maybe its intentional. Any other classes notice stronger ultimates?
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    well stronger yes because of the new caps/sets (Soulstrike 3.808k dmg) but these 2 are broken.
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)