The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to Post Pictures to this Forum

rbenkepub19_ESO
rbenkepub19_ESO
✭✭✭
Can someone post "The Idiot's Guide to Posting Pictures in the ESO Forum"?

I mean detailed instructions.
1) Click this
2) Click this
3) Click this

Etc.

Thanks.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't upload pictures directly to this section of the forum (you can in other sections).

You have to hotlink to pictures that are hosted on a 3rd party server, like this smiley for example:
    drunk.gif
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You can't upload pictures directly to this section of the forum (you can in other sections).

You have to hotlink to pictures that are hosted on a 3rd party server, like this smiley for example:
    drunk.gif

Thanks, but I need more detailed instructions than that. I have a picture posted to a public website. There's a button at the top of this comment window where one can embed a URL, but when I do so, only the URL displays, not the target picture of the URL.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Edited by rbenkepub19_ESO on August 5, 2014 5:24AM
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Just use the following code:
    [img]URL of image goes here[/img]

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so how would one take screenshots in game? would I just use a phone, snap a pic, and post it? or is there a system in the game itself that does this?
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    photobucket
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theosis wrote: »
    photobucket
    I dont know what that is. Please explain.
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    so how would one take screenshots in game? would I just use a phone, snap a pic, and post it? or is there a system in the game itself that does this?

Uh, hit PRNT SCRN button on your keyboard, depending on what keyboard you have the location may vary, this is how you usually take screenshots in game.

You're then able to goto the game's folder, and or your documents where you'll find the screenshot in a folder.

If the picture does not save anywhere however, the screenshot will still be "copied", and you can proceed to use "paint" or other programs in order to "paste" it, and then save the file.

But usually photo's go to a game folder.
    Edited by Humor on August 6, 2014 4:40AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    photobucket
    I dont know what that is. Please explain.

It's a free site to upload your photos. Here is an example, I just wanted to see if I could make this match.

aq40.jpg

• Krogmo
    Krogmo
    ✭✭✭
    Not the most pretty face, but i think that hairstyles and costume can make it look great! ^^
    [img][/img]Screenshot_20170715_041806_zpsvmqkjj00.png
    andif that doesn't help you can still hide everything with FASHION
    [img][/img]Screenshot_20170715_041948_zpszlngrymj.png

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stupid-question-you-going-to-learn-today-gif.gif
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on pc then there is a button that is default for your system to take Screenshots. Usually PrntScrn. If you are using the Steam overlay there could be a different button as default (for me is F12). Steam organizes your screenshots into a specific folder.

Without knowing if you are on console, pc with steam, mac, pc without steam, etc there isn't a way for me to give you step by step instructions. I heard console players can transfer screenshots taken on their console to a computer by using a USB thumb drive.

If you have the picture already to upload you can go to tinypic.com and upload the picture. When you are done it provides you with a link that you can use on forums.

You could also make an imgur account, I haven't done that so I could tell you how that works. You could make a photobucket account but they have changed their policy and sometimes the pictures aren't showing up.... like in the above response.

Edited by max_only on July 15, 2017 5:17AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    photobucket

Photobucket went monetized, the better alternative is imgur.

I dont know what the screenshot key is for PC, but on Xbox at least you press the home button once, then Y.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easy taking screen shots on ps4 - press the left Share button next to the big pad & the option comes up. Can also save videos.
    To actually be able to use the photos? You have to either put them on a usb stick or upload them to either Facebook or Twitter. (I set up a fb account just for this as otherwise never use it). Then you can save the photos on to pc from either source.
    But to put them onto the forum? They make it unnecessarily complicated, via a 3rd party server - I don't want to have to sign up to such a site but apparently that's the only way. And a lot of the time it seems you can't see the photo - especially with photobucket - see images above!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't type [ /img] at the end type [ br] with no gaps . It works better and you don't have loose code at the bottom of images .
  • Krogmo
    Krogmo
    ✭✭✭
    Heck didn't even wanted to post here and bump this dead thread.... which I do again...sry QQ
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit wrong post -_-
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on October 25, 2018 3:20PM
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I'm just trying to figure this image posting thing out

0bbdaf7b7c0e82a8ec0862675a56c0cb.jpg
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I'm just trying to figure this image posting thing out

0bbdaf7b7c0e82a8ec0862675a56c0cb.jpg

Well, you got it! Btw, that is ONE GORGEOUS SCREENIE!
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    click on image and enter your image URL then post it.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Click this
    2) Click this
    3) Click this

Etc.

Thanks.

Holy crap man i spent 30 minutes trying to figure that out the other day and i just gave up. Thanks for asking this!

9pZmALi

I just CANT make it work no matter what. Tried to link https://imgur.com/a/9pZmALi but it just dosnt work for me :(
    Edited by Mariusghost84 on January 14, 2019 10:28AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Click this
    2) Click this
    3) Click this

Etc.

Thanks.

Holy crap man i spent 30 minutes trying to figure that out the other day and i just gave up. Thanks for asking this!

9pZmALi

I just CANT make it work no matter what. Tried to link https://imgur.com/a/9pZmALi but it just dosnt work for me :(

That's because what you've pasted is the link to your imgur post, which is a thread or storyline with multiple images and links on the page. You need to navigate to the actual image and post that link. Here's the image you tried to post qWghNgT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Edited by Reverb on January 14, 2019 10:49AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *doublepost*
    Edited by Mariusghost84 on January 14, 2019 11:13AM
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for explaining this!
  • Darff27CZE
    Darff27CZE
    ✭✭
    Edited by Darff27CZE on February 2, 2019 8:07AM
  • Darff27CZE
    Darff27CZE
    ✭✭
    Aaaaand it doesn't work. :cry:
  • Darff27CZE
    Darff27CZE
    ✭✭
  • Darff27CZE