The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frequent Lag Spikes

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since 1.2.5 (July 5th) I have been having terrible lag spikes. I notice it most in medium to large scale PVP but it happens elsewhere too, even while buying or selling at an npc merchant. Basically everything but my character freezes up for 2 - 10 seconds. I ran speedtest.net and got 12 ms ping, 120Mbps down, and 12 Mbps up pretty consistently so it seems like my network connection is not the problem, but I also know people around me are not getting lag spikes. Is this an issue with the game or my connection?

Are there any other tests I should be running to rule out any other problems on my end?
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Are there any other tests I should be running to rule out any other problems on my end?

I have a rather strong feeling its not on your end.
  • skitoman99
    skitoman99
    Soul Shriven
    For me is also the same.I have those damn freezes for 3 weeks now while before i didnt had anything (i play since second beta).I thought it must be from the migration of the server or something and i was patient till server transfer but even after server transfer i get them (even though the game performs much better).Is it from my side?And if yes why so far i was able to play nice and the last 3 weeks only this happens?
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's been an iffy three weeks or so for me also. It's not like the normal lag spikes from beforehand, where everything froze up: i.e., couldn't fire abilities, chat locked up also, etc. Sometimes there's just random unresponsiveness where you can't activate containers, harvest nodes, open dialogues with NPCs, and such (they get greyed out) but you can still dodge-roll (w/ stam reduction showing), fire abilities, and the chat window keeps scrolling on by without a prob. Instead of waiting the sometimes 30-secs or more it takes for the responsiveness to return, I'll just hit /camp and log back in. Esc-esc and /reloadui doesn't fix it. It also seems like combat freezes up for me more often lately, although this is during seemingly "peak" hours (evening EDT) so I guess that's just server lag. I have pretty mediocre cable internet so I tend to assume it's on my end when funky stuff happens, but there's been enough of a pattern lately for me to suspect it's something UI-related or server-related.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So there are three people here that have had issues since around the 1.2.5 patch. What can I do about this? ZOS is there anyway you can trouble shoot with me to try and figure out what is going on? I just find it very odd that people around me in game are not lagging out when I do, so it has to be something in particular and not just server lag.

The game is basically unplayable for me at the moment and I'm getting annoyed with my 15$ a month for an unplayable game.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Mad_Dog_Reno
    Well there is more peoples who have still lag/frame drop problems but some off us hope them get fixed in someday. After patch 1.2.3 this all changed and seems we don't get it how it was before when game run much better. :-(
    "Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated"
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally hope this issue gets fixed in Update 3.

My game was running beautifully at 60 FPS on max settings for everything when exclusive Fullscreen mode became an option in the Craglorn update. After Update 2? It totally bombs when there's more than 20 players in an area down to 15-30 FPS when I normally get a steady 50-60 FPS prior to Update 2, and in areas without any players with higher amounts of vegetation, the framerate also takes a hit down to 20-30 FPS.

I have an Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.5 GHz, 16GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 for my graphics card. When I open up Task Manager, ESO barely uses any of my system's resources; it should not be dropping in frames that noticeably when there are just a few players on-screen.

I can understand why there'd be latency or framerate drops in Cyrodiil, but I can't when it comes to places all across Tamriel such as Glenumbra, Grahtwood, etc., just because of the environment. Something like that isn't supposed to happen.

Hope that someone from ZeniMax can fill us in on whether or not this is a known issue with their servers right now that they are working on fixing because I 'know' it can't be internet problems causing this.
    Edited by Korozenn on August 1, 2014 3:33AM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to update this, technical support got in touch with me and everything is now fixed. I had to go into my router settings and set up port forwarding for eso.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here