The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elder Scrolls Online Column: Emperor Reset Please?

TheBull
TheBull
✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/8757/Reset-Emperor.html/page/1

"When Zenimax designed this system, the concept of Emperor flipping probably never crossed their minds. Even if it did, the idea of all three factions letting it happen was mind boggling. Zenimax’s most sought after title and passives that were designed to make your character feel like it has accomplished something epic in the world of Tamriel, a form of status symbol, has become nothing more than just another skill tree in your skills window. This is why Zenimax should reset all Emperors, both past and present, when the new campaigns are launched."

I agree, when I see someone with the former emp title, I think "you exploiting scum. I know who the real ones are." This shouldn't be.
Edited by TheBull on July 30, 2014 9:39PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a bounty on the Former Emperors and let the Justice System figure it out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, 100%
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmorpg.com is a joke so I can't take anything that is said there seriously. At all. Let's also remember how much they hated the game anyway. Who cares about any opinion they have about ESO.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter who conveys a point, as long as the point in itself is valid and has merit?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmorpg.com is a joke so I can't take anything that is said there seriously. At all. Let's also remember how much they hated the game anyway. Who cares about any opinion they have about ESO.
    Fallacy of origin. In another words, consider the content of the information not were it was derived.

Yes mmorpg.com seems like it's partial owned by NCSoft. What was said here is worthy of discussion though.. I think you will find many that agree with the premise of this column.
    Edited by TheBull on July 30, 2014 2:58PM
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. But in my opinion, they should reset emperor titles of people that achieved it in the least populated servers, that's where the dung happens.
  • NorthernFury
    NorthernFury
    ✭✭✭✭

Totally agree; that site blows.

Skadi Storm-Blade - VR14 Altmer Sorcerer
    Brynnhild Valkyrja - VR12 Nord DragonKnight
    Haakon Hardrada - VR12 Nord Templar
    Sanguine's Tester (retired)

Cattle die
    kinsmen die
    all men are mortal.
    Words of praise
    will never perish
    nor a noble name.

- The Havamal
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happier if the Former Emperor title and it's benefits ceased to exist. My concern is that the new 7 day camps will become exactly what the low population camps are now.

With organized guilds accustomed to numerous methods involving emperor trading - it's all but a foregone conclusion. Suffice to say, resetting is not aggressive enough imo to combat the problem.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭

Totally agree; that site blows.

Hi, since the discussion is not about a specific site (and perceived merits of said site), I'll quite myself (from reply #4): "Does it matter who conveys a point, as long as the point in itself is valid and has merit?"

Or as @TheBull elgantly put it, falacy of origin.
    Edited by Skafsgaard on July 30, 2014 3:34PM

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I question the source, I do agree that emperor needs a reset after campaigns finish. For sure.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about former Emperors ? It's the only one with shiny armor that counts !
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont really care, other than they will have passive that will (unlikely) be unobtainable to most players (as it should). Just cos the emp traded on dead campaings shouldnt benefit them on the 7 days camps. Imo anyways. I know all the former emperors out the will disagree

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
  • rekina
    rekina
    ✭✭✭
    Remove former emperor thing completely then reset won't be even needed. Don't give them a chance to exploit the system. Having former emperor thing give them the chance. Don't be stupid, don't let them play you and us.

Emperor is just ridiculously strong now. Give him area buff abilities, not personal buffs for himself. It's completely out of the line now and unfair. 20 men trying to kill emperor and not achieving it is just fail game design.
  • VanHalen
    VanHalen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody will remove the achievements of other players. Developers are not ***. Still need to remove the werewolves they are more dangerous than the former emperor's title.
    Edited by VanHalen on July 30, 2014 4:16PM
    YouTube channel
    EU server

TESO-SETS.RU - Инструмент для поиска и подбора сетов
    TESO-SKILLS.RU - База скиллов с Рейтингом эффективности и демонстрацией работы
    sets.teso.pro/en - Tool for selecting sets for creating builds
  • Eirikur
    Eirikur
    ✭✭✭
    Being the Emperor should be high-risk and high-reward. If it was up to me, becoming Emperor would enable permadeath for the character. That would prevent passing the title around for easy benefits, it would increase realism tremendously (Emperors would travel with bodyguards to guard against assassination attempts etc.), and it would increase respect for Emperors.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The site being a joke doesn't change the fact they have a very valid argument in this case.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen level 13 "Former Emperors" in Cyrodiil.
    Level 13.
    The title is an utter joke at this point. A reset wouldn't hurt, but unless they find a way to fix Emp farming it won't do much.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them keep the title but take away the skill line. They can proudly display the "former emperor farmer" title as long as they want as long as they don't gain an advantage.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect most players who got their title by proper meant, while a little miffed, would understand the need or a reset and would rather they regain their title, than have the current situation where it's totally meaningless to have it.

I am not the best PvP player.

I longed for the day I got good enough to kill an emperor.

I achieved that last week but the guy wasn't even as good as me (and that's saying something)

So I was hoping to improve to the point I could get the emperor killing achievement, I now have it and it's total meaningless.

Whats worse ii that every day they are farming emps as quick as they possibly can before the next update.

• WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the vast majority of people perpetrating emp trading/farming are min/maxers, people who pursue any advantage no matter how slight. Even if they nerfed the former emp buffs to a decimal point, they would still be sought after for that miniscule advantage. In all fairness this sort of behavior needs to be considered a punishable offense and enforced strictly.

There was one enemy emp who I considered a villain in my eyes because he was one of those unkillable DK emps who could wipe out entire armies, but it was revealed much later that he himself was vilified by his own faction because he would not 'abdicate' emperor to allow for his faction to trade. He stuck to his guns basically out of principle as well as pride. While he maintained a healthy lead for a long time, various changes as well as the influx of emperor farming/trading guilds to the server brought about his permanent downfall. This has been observed by other players as well, what amounts to bullying to force players to abdicate to 'clear the way' for the next person.

This needs to be considered a form of harassment and punishable as such. That and the buffs need to be changed to remove the 'one-man-army' aspect, make it to where abdicating will not bestow former emperor, and make the buffs unlocked incrementally over a period of time however long the player holds emperor. If someone goes and smokes a big fat cigar in a area clearly marked "no smoking" is that person to be allowed to do it because he wants to? No. he is instructed to go to the appropriate area or cease. Similar actions need to be taken in regards to rampant collusion. The servers were moderately full at launch. Now they are mostly empty and even the two 'hot spot' servers are dwindling in popularity. Yes bugs take a long time to iron out, but a short term solution would simply be to issue and enforce punishment against people clearly exploiting such bugs for personal gain at the expense of the population in general.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not an emperor not play enough to ever hold the title, but taking away the title from everyone is not fair. Their are legitimate people who attained the title properly and should not be punished for it. Even those who have the skill line unlocked, the passives when you are not Emperor, in my opinion, are that game breaking. Those who did not get the title legitimately will never be emperor again and get those huge buffs an emperor deserves. I do not know if ZOS could weed out those who emperor farmed compared to those who got the title in a legitimate fashion. The reduction of the campaigns should quell this kind of activity as each server will have a higher population then what we have now.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not an emperor not play enough to ever hold the title, but taking away the title from everyone is not fair. Their are legitimate people who attained the title properly and should not be punished for it. Even those who have the skill line unlocked, the passives when you are not Emperor, in my opinion, are that game breaking. Those who did not get the title legitimately will never be emperor again and get those huge buffs an emperor deserves. I do not know if ZOS could weed out those who emperor farmed compared to those who got the title in a legitimate fashion. The reduction of the campaigns should quell this kind of activity as each server will have a higher population then what we have now.

Yeah, it's a lose/lose situation. I honestly think they will open up the Skill line to everyone to appease the masses and only the current Emperor will get the full buffs. The title will remain to be given to Former Emps only, but the advantage of being a Former Emp will just be a title.