Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vr 12 In a lvl 32 quest killing everything

CowNRB
CowNRB
✭✭✭
Hi i was wondering if it is against the rules to be a complete A** by killing every monster at vr12? the quest is striking at the heart on the AD alliance

Oh and it look like he was following me because when i stopped he stopped had to log out for that reason
Edited by CowNRB on July 30, 2014 10:59PM
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens in open world MMOs just wait it out.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would it be against any kind of rules? Any level player may choose to be in any level zone they have access to at any time they choose to be. Doesn't mean they aren't being a d**k by specifically following a lower level character and killing everything within range, but there's nothing to stop Humans from being jerks.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the player was indeed following you. Stopping when you stopped. Started moving and killing things again when you moved then yes, that can be considered griefing another player and you can report him. Hope you got a screenshot or wrote down his character name.

But otherwise, there is no rule about higher level players being able to go to the lower levels to finish up quests or dungeons or whatever, but they get no loot and not really any experience with the exception of attaining the achievement once they are five levels higher than that of the dungeon.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a crime to be an ***, just uncool.

Its not unusual to see high level players in low level areas. Many of the quests and dungeons at release were bugged or overrun with bots so players were unable to complete them. My vr5 character still has quite a few achievements left from earlier areas.

That being said if the guy was following you around killing things just to grief you try reloading/log in/out to get on a different instance. If it really becomes an issue report him and let the GMs figure it out.

Guys like this are pretty rare, he may not have been trying to grief only gather cheap mats or if he saw you struggling to help you out. Either way finding another instance is the easiest to deal with the frustration.
  • thewisguyub17_ESO
    There are many explanations as to what was going on:

-I'm a completionist. I love doing EVERYTHING. And it's happened to me that I'll find a random, out of the way quest or what-have-you on an alt, and have to take my main back there to quickly wrap it up (this happened even more when so many quests were bugged... going back weeks later to complete quests that were finally fixed). So maybe he was just doing content he missed.

-Maybe he though he was helping. For whatever reason he was in the area and thought he'd "walk you through" the area (whether you wanted the help or not).

-Or he was just being a ***. That happens too. Unfortunately, because there are many benign and justifiable reasons for a VR12 player to be in low level zones, there's really no way of saying he did anything "against the rules." If it persists though (especially if you can get screen captures of you asking the offending character to stop) you can probably submit a ticket to customer service.
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i hate having to go back to public dungeons and getting to the bosses that never spawned on my first playthrough, i feel like i'm so OP that i ruin the experience for new players, so when i see a low level group i often let them fight off a pack and will only heal them if they're getting overwhelmed :Q

I'm a completionist myself :(
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a v12 who has been running around in Shadowfen and Skyrim lately doing the Daedric Lord Slayer achievement. Believe me, I don't like being there, but it's the most effective way to do it because of the way the dolmen bosses spawn (1:4 chance instead of 1:16 chance when a boss even spawns).

There are legitimate reasons for high level players to be in low level zones sometimes.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens because there is not much else to do and no penalties in place.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a v12 who has been running around in Shadowfen and Skyrim lately doing the Daedric Lord Slayer achievement. Believe me, I don't like being there, but it's the most effective way to do it because of the way the dolmen bosses spawn (1:4 chance instead of 1:16 chance when a boss even spawns).

There are legitimate reasons for high level players to be in low level zones sometimes.

im a vet 12 also and I am same problem as you mention. the only reason i go to lower level areas is to unlock achievements for upcoming dye's and exactly like you mention i go to dolemens.
    i allways feel very uncomfortable around lower level people.
    we higher levels are not there to harrass you we are only there for unlocking achievements and maybe finish certain quests for fighters guild or mages guild or something like that.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've completed non-VR Spindleclutch, Volenfell, and Wayrest Sewers ... and that's pretty much it. Pathetic. Advancement in the Undaunted? Laughable.

Yes, there are those high level characters who will be visiting a low-level group dungeon near you.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 31, 2014 2:51AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the guys in Coldharbour were thinking the reverse of me when i showed up there with my level 9 alt.

All hail to "travel to player", makes for some interesting exploring. I even successfully finished a couple of dolmens in the level 40-50 areas before i ever hit level 10.
    ;-)
  • Jermu73
    Jermu73
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I'm sure the guys in Coldharbour were thinking the reverse of me when i showed up there with my level 9 alt.

All hail to "travel to player", makes for some interesting exploring. I even successfully finished a couple of dolmens in the level 40-50 areas before i ever hit level 10.
    ;-)

I wish that i can go to vet zone with my level 9 NB. :D
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

;-)

We could get someone to make a new player, then jump to player to flood Coldharbor with some VR12s just to screw with the noobs.

YAY, sounds like fun.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaade wrote: »
    We could get someone to make a new player, then jump to player to flood Coldharbor with some VR12s just to screw with the noobs.
    @xaade
    You can't jump back to the prison starter zone.

I was talking about the end of the main story line Coldharbour zone.
    My Naked Nord was hopelessly underleveled but it was a fun trip ...
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on July 31, 2014 4:03AM
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few people call for help and then did the travel thing..........me Vr10 and them level 45-49.......I helped just to be nice. They had me on a friend list and I doubt they knew I was VR10.

Other than that I don't go to low level areas unless I need something......and that does happen.
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is human nature, not exclusive to ESO, can be found in any game or situation that involves interaction with other human beings.

Because... the sole purpose of the existence of some fellow humans seems to be trying to be a pest and annoyance to others (to put it mildly). Reasons? The science of Psychology (or Psychiatry) can provide some answers.

Not much to do about it, except maybe report them (if what they are doing would violate the ToS), move to some other area hoping they aren't there anymore, or just log off and be done with them (a rather extreme measure, but perhaps better than have some pro *** around like that).
  • CowNRB
    CowNRB
    ✭✭✭
    wow this got off topic abit
  • sajackson
    sajackson
    ✭✭✭
    One reason you might see this, especially in Coldharbour, is because it's one of the best ways to level skill lines at the VR cap. That said when I'm in Coldharbour grinding mobs on my VR12 I'll try to avoid interfering with players who are questing in the same area. Sadly not everyone is so considerate though and there isn't much you can do about it.

That said if you think you are being griefed then report them.
    Edited by sajackson on July 31, 2014 6:53AM
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    It's an open world, you can go anywhere. If you want to get all achievments, you might need to go back to lower level zones and do some more questing.

Next time, try talking to the player. Maybe he just wanted to help you. If he doesn't answer, then he might be an a**.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of achievements that can still be picked up in low level zones even by V12s (I've been running all over lately) and especially public dungeons and bosses, and anchors may still need to be done (or done again as they were not getting marked off the completed list when the game first launched).

Now if he was following you and trying to kill everything first, that sounds pretty crappy. If we fight a boss or something, we always try and make sure any low level guys there get hits on the boss before we go to town on it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC