The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make Daedric Armor Look Daedric?

• Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - Scrap this Piece of Crap and give us Real Daedric Lore Armor.
    I did play Morrowind, just didn't get far into it. I didn't see the Daedric Armour from it, but have seen pictures.

Oblivion Daedric Armour was not black or red, it was a horrible rusty colour. This belies your statement about their being a classic look.
    Enjinir wrote: »
    I think the armor set looks good, but it definitely is NOTHING like the Daedric we've been made to be used to. It would be fine under a different name, and then replace this with a more classic Daedric. That would be my suggestion.

There is no classic Daedric look, it has changed with every game.

The Morrowind Daedric Armour look like this but without the spikes (oh and it was red).
    The Oblivion Daedric Armour looked like rusty Armour with Spikes.
    The Skyrim Armour look while good was new to Skyrim.

If I recall, in Daggerfall it was a terrible Orange color.

Thanks, yet another Daedric look.

In my opinion you are colourblind. And you saying rusty black is a horrible colour is just your opinion. I think that rusty black was an amazing colour and armour design which fit well into the game Oblivion. Oh, and yes that colour is red.

Therefore yes there is a classic look and your statements is belied about there not being a classic look. Some people said something about orange... well orange is still better then blue and silver.

The point is, this is a fantasy game and the devs can make Molag Bals favourite colour pink, its their choice. Fact is, most ppl who played the elder scrolls series loved daedric armour, because it was special had its own look, threatening. I wonder now why they would change it to blue and silver? At least one will be able to recolour it now, but I hope also they will add some features with spikes, so daedric looks more evil and not like a pimped-up guard from chorrol.
    Edited by Vraneon on July 24, 2014 3:57PM
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No - I love it the way it is
    The armor is perfectly Daedric in overall appearance. It's just the colors are too vibrant. If you look at the various Dremora you fight, you do not question they are wearing Daedric. Their color scheme is appropriate. From Dagonite Dark steel with red trims, to Coldharbour Black with Blue trims. They all look Daedric.

It's when you craft the armor yourself and get this odd plain blue with white or yellow trims that throws everyone off. Why ZOS artists decided to do that... Is a moot point anyway. Thank you dyes...

Now to get weapons dyeable... although the crafted Daedric weapons are dark blue for the most part, still will clash if say, you wanted to go with the Dagonite scheme.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on July 24, 2014 6:35PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Daedric armor is lame too.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Gil_galad89
    Gil_galad89
    Soul Shriven
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I chose option 3, none of the above...

Morrowind and Skyrim have not yet happened, and will not for a thousand years, by then, the Daedric armor style may have changed.

Yes granted, however, the daedric armour we were all looking forward to is the armour in the trailer, but that seems to be completely absent from the game, why?