Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ways to Charge up Ultimates?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm taking it for granted that the use of abilities in a specific skill line is the primary factor in charging up the ultimate for that skill line. Are there other ways to charge up ultimates? For example, does simply slotting abilities in the bar contribute? What if you have an ultimate set up on a bar and yet have abilities from other skill lines in that bar?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing stuff is enough to charge your ultimate, even if you hit them without any skills and just use good old metal.

Some skill lines have additional passives that boost the ult charging in one way or the other.

Also important to note, your ultimate only charges if the mobs you're fighting are no more than 5 levels below you.
    Fighting any mob lower than that and your ultimate won't charge at all.
    ;-)
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Equip resto staff. Spam healing springs (first weapon spell) CRIT and see your ulti charge up fast! Keeping the HoT from rapid regen up will speed the charging up too.

OT: In a game mechanic-perspective I think it's lame that only the resto staff give the ability to pre-charge ultis (this is more a PvP thing though.)
    Edit: Now it's worth having resto staff (even if u dont heal) so that you can charge that ulti up PRE battle.
    Edited by Skafsgaard on July 29, 2014 6:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping the HoT from rapid regen up will speed the charging up too.
    Sorry, I'm kind of a noob on terminology. Not quite understanding this point - Keeping Heal over time (which is healing springs) from (rapid regen up ??? this is the part I don't understand :s )
  • Cinna
    Cinna
    ✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    Keeping the HoT from rapid regen up will speed the charging up too.
    Sorry, I'm kind of a noob on terminology. Not quite understanding this point - Keeping Heal over time (which is healing springs) from (rapid regen up ??? this is the part I don't understand :s )

Both Healing springs and Rapid regen are Hots i.e. healing over time effects. All Hots charge ulti, but springs does potentially affect more targets so it does it faster, together the two spells even more so.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Below is a link that should give you a very clear picture on the mechanics of Ult generation.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/ultimate-gain-from-damage-demystified/