The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet doing non VR group dung and skill point

Kcttocs
Kcttocs
✭✭✭
I am a DC Vet, and the other day a fellow DC Guild Mate requested help with Banished Cells, I offered to help because I love helping others even though I had already done the Vet dungeon. I didn't realize my Guild Mate wasn't a vet yet, so when I ported in, I was really surprised that I could activate the non vet quest and get the skill point. Awesome! Now I am going to have to figure out a way to get the rest of other faction non vet group dungeons done and get several more skill points, not to mention Undaunted exp. :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the instanced versions of normal group dungeons and their veteran counterparts are two different sides of the same coin.

You can do them twice ...
    ;-)
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad i did all non VR before getting to VR
    Just trying to find group to do VR6-10 ones now witch is a pain. Probably have to wait until repeatable dungeon content comes out
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Just trying to find group to do VR6-10 ones now witch is a pain. Probably have to wait until repeatable dungeon content comes out
    Yes, totally agree... it's a pain getting a group for VR dungeons especially a group that works well together, often the Tank can't Tank, or the DPS can't DPS or I miss a block because I am busy watching the groups health uhg... hate it when that happens.

Wish I knew about this before making it to VR8 though. But am hoping I can recruit in zone chat a few folks that want to face roll the non vet group dungeons with a VR8 Healer. :)
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need a full group to do these. You can even solo them if you have a good build and want to spend the time.

I was able to solo the first tier dungeons and just recruited a healer for some of the others that I missed while leveling.

For the higher tiers, just announcing in zone chat that you're VR12, or whatever, and need to run through the dungeon will normally get you a good many volunteers willing to let you run them through it.
    Edited by Vuron on July 30, 2014 1:03PM
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »
    You don't need a full group to do these. You can even solo them if you have a good build and want to spend the time.

I was able to solo the first tier dungeons and just recruited a healer for some of the others that I missed while leveling.

For the higher tiers, just announcing in zone chat that you're VR12, or whatever, and need to run through the dungeon will normally get you a good many volunteers willing to let you run them through it.

Yep, and it was surprisingly easy to get a group together for these Non Vet instanced Dungeons, I didn't mind having a full group, and they rather appreciated having a VR8, it took 10 minutes tops getting a group.

Vet dungeons on the other hand are a whole lot different. Seems rather difficult getting a group. It takes forever getting a group, and seems Ive been having some bad luck because someone ends up bailing midway through the last couple times I was able to get a group.