Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is this a joke? why sell it if the Mac Steam VER won't even be booted up?

henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
Failed to start, Missing executable

thats all i get for the whole night, and YES, i bought an extra copy just for have it running NATIVELY ON STEAM, is that how you treat your customers?

lol i don't care about $60 like the others do since ordering 4 cups of cocktail costed more than that ! just want ESO to RUN IT ON STEAM NATIVELY ON OSX

YEA YEA YEA feel free to raise the subscription $, the fee will be so tiny that i won't even notice it on my credit card statement anyway, INEED THIS GAME TO RUN NATIVELY ON APPLE MAC OSX STEAM DO YOU HEAR ME??:?????
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down.

Right now, the Mac client is not available on Steam. So, if you are running Steam on Mac, it doesn't matter. Check the icon next to your purchase in Steam. It should only show a Windows icon.

You did not waste your money. When it is available, you will not have to purchase the game again. Should you choose to install Steam on a PC (if you have that option), you will be able to play ESO through Steam.

Is this what you are asking, or is there something else?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @henrycupcakerwb17_ESO‌

the time it took you to type your post here could've been invested into looking over the recent forum posts. This one might've caught your eyes. It even has a nice green emblem beside it, marking a response from a CMR on your very topic.

But hey, anonymously trash talking on the forums is waaay less effort than to try and inform oneself upfront, right? :P
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pointless rant especially as Zenimax clearly stated it is PC version added to Steam with no mention of the Mac version in their announcement;
    The PC version of ESO is available on Steam
    Both the Imperial and Standard Editions (PC) will be available at a discounted price until 12:59PM EDT (5:59PM BST) on Monday, July 21st, so grab them if you’ve been waiting for a deal!

And has been noted, the Steam page shows only Windows currently to reflect this.

They have already replied to @KhajitFurTrader the other recent thread here on this, confirming that the Mac version will be made available also in the future;
    ZOS_JasonLeavey admin
    July 17 Staff Post

Greetings, @KhajitFurTrader‌. We currently have the PC version of ESO on Steam, but we are looking to bring the Mac OS X version to Steam. As soon as we have more details, we'll provide them here!

Given that Steam provide access for all supported platforms i.e. PC & Mac for the same account when you buy a game supporting them, your purchase will include the Mac one.
  • Shadywack
    Shadywack
    ✭✭
    I've done some poking around, in my ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Zenimax Online/ folder I found an app named "zsoSteamStarterMac" that ran an install routine inside the folder and created a "The Elder Scrolls Online" subfolder as well as the launcher files and everything. A fully functional install. When you try to launch through Steam you'll still get the same error, but, inside that folder the launcher seems to work. The Steam overlay isn't added yet, but it looks like they're very close to launch.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    Shadywack wrote: »
    I've done some poking around, in my ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Zenimax Online/ folder I found an app named "zsoSteamStarterMac" that ran an install routine inside the folder and created a "The Elder Scrolls Online" subfolder as well as the launcher files and everything. A fully functional install. When you try to launch through Steam you'll still get the same error, but, inside that folder the launcher seems to work. The Steam overlay isn't added yet, but it looks like they're very close to launch.

yea..i can't wait...
    i bought an extra game just for have it run natively on steam because of the ESO exclusive steam trading card and being able to track time mean so much to me