The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina Builds Key Issues and Ideas

madangrypally
madangrypally
✭✭✭✭

Main Issues with Stamina Builds:

1: All Class Abilities scales off of Max Magicka. This means stacking Stamina will make all class skills deal less damage, heal for less, and overall hurts Stamina builds.

2: Max Stamina builds do not have many options to build versatile builds. Mainly because of Number 1. If I wanted to duel wield and obtain Max Stamina to soft cap then ill likely have low Max Magicka. This will severely limit the overall build since there wont be enough viable stamina options.

3: Stamina is the defensive stat and is used do Block, CC Break, Dodge Roll, Sprint, Sneak. If they fixed scaling of Number 1 then I can deal with this.

Currently Staffs are the games go-to weapon. The biggest reason is that the staff abilities scales off of Max Magicka just like the class abilities. Which means staff abilities synergise very well with class abilities. The Stamina Weapons do not and no amount of changes will rectify this as long as they scale differently then class abilities.

Solution:
Keep the abilities cost the same. All class abilities cost Magicka and all weapon abilities cost Stamina (staffs still cost magicka).

Change the way abilities scale. Instead of having all class abilities scale off of Max Magicka and all Weapon Abilities scale off of Max Stamina have the abilities scale off of whichever is highest.

This means I can go a Stamina build and still use my class abilities. They still cost Magicka, but they scale with Max Stamina. This will make Stamina builds much more viable.

• Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main Issues with Stamina Builds:

1: All Class Abilities scales off of Max Magicka. This means stacking Stamina will make all class skills deal less damage, heal for less, and overall hurts Stamina builds.

2: Max Stamina builds do not have many options to build versatile builds. Mainly because of Number 1. If I wanted to duel wield and obtain Max Stamina to soft cap then ill likely have low Max Magicka. This will severely limit the overall build since there wont be enough viable stamina options.

3: Stamina is the defensive stat and is used do Block, CC Break, Dodge Roll, Sprint, Sneak. If they fixed scaling of Number 1 then I can deal with this.

Currently Staffs are the games go-to weapon. The biggest reason is that the staff abilities scales off of Max Magicka just like the class abilities. Which means staff abilities synergise very well with class abilities. The Stamina Weapons do not and no amount of changes will rectify this as long as they scale differently then class abilities.

Solution:
    Keep the abilities cost the same. All class abilities cost Magicka and all weapon abilities cost Stamina (staffs still cost magicka).

Change the way abilities scale. Instead of having all class abilities scale off of Max Magicka and all Weapon Abilities scale off of Max Stamina have the abilities scale off of whichever is highest.

This means I can go a Stamina build and still use my class abilities. They still cost Magicka, but they scale with Max Stamina. This will make Stamina builds much more viable.

I just posted a similar thing earlier today. I would love to see this implemented. Even worse, I was playing around with some calculators and noticed that on the TESO-life one, it says that the Fighter's Guild abilities scale from Stamina and Spell Power. I'm not sure if that is accurate, but if it is, that is really messed up.