Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main quest still bugged, unable to progress

vikingplot
For 4 days now i havent been able to progress to VR zones in eso because i can't talk to Lyris Titanborn. The game has been out for weeks and a bugg that completely *** you over and make it so you can't access a big portion of the game, thats a *** scandal. I wouldn't care if a quest or dungeon didn't work but the main quest, the main quest you NEED to do in order to progress? It is *** no matter what you say to defend them. I love the game but i play to progress and now i can't.
  • Steelfear07b16_ESO
    i feel you, i got excited hoping the patch notes would tell me if they fixed that quest, sadly it doesnt tell me that they did, ive been stuck on it for almost 2 weeks now, i hit VT on the early access days so im just getting a little mad that this isnt fixed yet, i have NOTHING to do :(
  • vikingplot
    If they cant fix it they need to remove it, atleast temporarily untill its fixed. They cant have game breaking stuff in the game for so long.
  • SMVegas83
    SMVegas83
    If you're referring to the quest "God of Schemes" in which you have to talk to the survivors of the Molag Bal confrontation in the Harborage? Yeah ... I have that same problem and it's damn annoying. Im stuck at VR1 with no way to advance into veteran content because I cannot actually talk to the survivors.

Luckily, I dont mind grinding and I found a decent spot, so Ive been grinding skill xp. Ive managed to get my secondary weapon skill to 32, level some of the ancillary skills I had that didnt get much attention, make some good cash and even advance my crafting levels. I've only been waiting 3 days compared to some of you that seem to have been waiting longer ... but so far, Im only moderately frustrated/pissed off.
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    Stuck at talking to Lyris as well. There's several threads in the Customer Support area regarding this issue too. So it's had some exposure.
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity, can you drop the quest and pick it back up and just try to complete it again?
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    @Kellhus, no there's no option to abandon it.

There has been an official acknowledgement of this issue. I received a CS email this morning and there has been an official post in a customer support thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79279/god-of-schemes-bug#latest
  • pontahultinb16_ESO
    pontahultinb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This sucks.
  • dioneharrington
    dioneharrington
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah out of no where my main quest just disappeared and now I have to run about and find side quests :/