The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea for Refund on Mats everyone is demanding!

Shiv
Shiv
✭✭
Simply put add 2 Limited time vendors...

1. First vendor would accept old versions of the crafted sets for a set gold price in return going by a base figure on color of item turned in.
Just from reading all the posts about mats and items Gold Items roughly 20k, and so on down the line.

2. Second vendor would then sell all the mats needed to re-craft items.

The hardest coding part about this, (I personally think) simple idea is vendor 1's
coding to recognize the individual worth of pieces being turned in. Hopefully its not that hard and would really alleviate everyones stress about OMG My Mats.

At least this way everyone would be able to adjust to the new sets with some form of rationale because as i have previously stated they are coming and not much else we can do about them.

BUT THIS WOULD HELP.

Shiv-Dragonknight- vr11
Warshiv- Nightblade- vr9
Ex-Gm DAOC Rah D StreeA-Hibernia
(50+ toons on Daoc All Hibernia)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible implementation idea, even if they did want to compensate people, you couldn't just give gold out for the items on a set basis and allow people to buy legendary materials from a vendor. I have more money in legendary items than most people have ever earned in ESO probably, but I understand it's a good change for the game's health even if they don't offer anything (which is somewhat backed by the concept of offering respecs for class changes since this is also existing already worn gear being changed). I'm fine either way. Would I complain about 700k gold or so being refunded in materials? Heck no. Do I expect it? Heck no. Do I need it? Heck no.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I could just go to the PTS and see what sells for the most gold then craft a ton, sell when 1.3 launches and BAM.. Rich.. They will most likely just upgrade your old gear to the 1.3 gear adding what ever bonuses are missing. Why would they make it super complicated for everyone.
  • Iam_Epiphany
    Iam_Epiphany
    ✭✭✭
    Idea for refund on mats everyone is demanding: Say no.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best solutions are:

1. Add a new tab to the set crafting window that accepts an item and adds the set bonus to it. Perhaps this could cost something, maybe one Dreugh Wax for legendary items, or one Elegant Lining for epic, etc., but should be free for a two weeks after the patch. This is an elegant solution because it simultaneously adds additional good functionality, essentially "respecting" gear.

This would also allow one to take unique end-game armors and give them crafted set bonuses. All around this is a good solution.

2. For two weeks after the patch, all gear with crafted set bonuses returns 100% of the materials (bound) it took to craft it.
    Edited by Maverick827 on July 22, 2014 1:12PM