The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help your testers

Saet
Saet
✭✭✭
I submitted a request for some help getting a nights silence set so I could test to see how it worked with other speed bonuses but I unfortunately got the response that giving players items wouldnt be fair to other players. This is a test server. There are very few people actually even testing here it seems. I doubt anyone would care if you helped someone test something. You dont give us crafting skills on the premade templates so we cant make the set items to test them. It takes entirely too long to level up these skills to have time to test them out. Please give us the crafting skills levelled up as well with traits unlocked so we can test everything. Or you could implement a vendor that sells crafted sets for testing purposes. Help us help you!
Saet - stam nb
Hordak - magicka nb
Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Shennynerd
    Shennynerd
    ✭✭✭
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000
    You want a thorough test? Give us the tools. Let us put any race in these templates. Give us all the dyes unlocked. Give us max crafting of gear. Give us all the motifs. Have a server wipe when the testing is over if that's what it takes for us to have access to the things we need to test.
    Edited by Shennynerd on July 17, 2014 11:58PM
    Rose - AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    Modest Argonian Maid - EP - Argonian Sorceror
    Man Shen - AD - Altmer Templar
    Largesse - DC - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Which-Way-To-The-Beach - AD - Argonian Sorceror
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why when the new sets go live a good portion of them will be broken. They added them on PTS but made no way to actually test them
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would just add vending machines all over the test servers that give players anything they want, because why not.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because they fear that players from the regular server might run over and live on PTS forever and ever, clicking their free-stuff vending machine buttons?
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    Because they fear that players from the regular server might run over and live on PTS forever and ever, clicking their free-stuff vending machine buttons?

Wipe the server every month or every testing cycle.
    All MMOs with open test servers do it this way, add all the stuff to the vendors bump all chars to max lvl, let people test everything then erase all data when it goes live.
    Also make the test servers available only when testing is actually performed, once 1.3.0 goes live take the PTS down until a new patch arrives for testing.
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup, like Koloki said, since you can generate any item or anything you want, there is no need to save progress anymore.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    This is an absolute must for a PTS... Come on ZoS, how can we test what isn't available...
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, like Koloki said, since you can generate any item or anything you want, there is no need to save progress anymore.

You can already generate infinite gold and yellow mats for materials by breaking down the yellow equipment in the templates. This would be no different. The OP is right, they have a PTS and don't let people test the majority of the content. We can't test cyrodiil properly. We can't test the guild tabards properly, or the crafting system or the dye system. It's ridiculous.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they could dumb down the grind to a easy few minute thing, and add npcs that sell materials, etc.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is probably some truth to that fear. But, by not having everything available they are actually forcing people to stay in PTS even longer to grind and level up to use the stuff they wanted to test. Instead of spending all the time in PTS actually testing sets I would have to spend days leveling each craft line + research time + farming resources just to even get started.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    if they could just disable the timers on the research that would help a lot too.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • accursed1
    accursed1
    What do you mean give you access to any race? Just like the normal server if you bought imperial edition you get your whole imperial edition given back to you, and you start from lvl 1. I'm trying to find someone to quick grind with so we can see the new content. Would have been nice to get some type of xp buff to help with the grind, as the sets, achievements and such aren't available to a lvl 1... But I guess that would fall under the same category as the guy who was crying in zone chat because he has a V12 so he thought any new toon he made would be V12. I guess if you want to test stuff you have to put in at least 50 hours to get to V1.
  • accursed1
    accursed1
    And NO! If I'm grinding a new toon from Lvl1-V1 I would be pissed at a wipe.
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    You can roll a new v12 toon but only on the Daggerfall covenant. Even with the Imperial edition. Look in the top left corner in char creation. I think its the first option that works right now.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Grand_Wazoo
    Grand_Wazoo
    ✭✭✭
    Kiljaz wrote: »
    This is an absolute must for a PTS... Come on ZoS, how can we test what isn't available...

Totally agree...why bother with the PTS if there's nothing to do except more of the same?
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I'm leveling a crafter on PTS... So far I have only 2-3 traits on all armor expect medium.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I agee that pts server should serve the purpose of testing. If u cant test then pts server is just alternate dimension of real game and people will be focused on getting advantage when that version goes alive and that beats the purpose of its existance. If zos wants it can be done with two versions of pts with one version of self service on which u can get that set u want to test and version where u have to earn that set. One way or another to properly test some function, feature or equipment u have to have representative sample which considers x variations. If u dont have it then u havent tested a thing and pts server should be shuted down coz functioning that way just gives false feeling of comfort to devs and players.
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    Saet wrote: »
    I submitted a request for some help getting a nights silence set so I could test to see how it worked with other speed bonuses but I unfortunately got the response that giving players items wouldnt be fair to other players. This is a test server. There are very few people actually even testing here it seems. I doubt anyone would care if you helped someone test something. You dont give us crafting skills on the premade templates so we cant make the set items to test them. It takes entirely too long to level up these skills to have time to test them out. Please give us the crafting skills levelled up as well with traits unlocked so we can test everything. Or you could implement a vendor that sells crafted sets for testing purposes. Help us help you!

Let's make sure they see this.. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌