The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Rare Provisioning recipes

Rubiin
Rubiin
Hopefully someone out there or a gm perhaps can help me with my state of confusion. i have 4 toons at various lvls + 4 bank mules. a Vr12 a Vr8 a lvl 22 and a lvl 10 , my query is this , across all those toons i have never found a lvl 10 blue provisioning recipe or even seen one for sale , same for lvl 35 and only 1 lvl 30 blue. Can someone please tell me how the drops work as they seem far to rare for some lvls and far to common for others . Is there a provisioning lvl system that kicks in the dropping of the recipes or is it purely random?. I have gone back to glenumbra on my vet lvl toons to farm lower lvl recipes and the vet lvl ones are dropping so i can assume that no matter the zone you will get drops from your toon lvl or provisioning lvl as these higher toons are lvl 50 provisioning. Is there a scale anywhere to show us how these rare or even green recipes are allocated as drops as it seems to change. Do i need a toon at each provisiong lvl to be able to get all the recipes farmed or just hang out and hope they come up for sale on G/store or in zone chat? Any help provided is greatly appreciated.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is random and not linked to your characters provisioning level. I have found most of my blue recipes on my characters that have no provisioning skills.

Your best bet for a quick pick up is in guild stores, friends or zone chat. I think the lower level blues (1-4) seem rarer (though I don't think they are) because there are more people playing in those zones so they are getting spread out between more people.

It is not just the recipes but also the provisioning materials atm that are being leveled to your character rather than the zone you are in which is making it hard for Vets to go back and level provisioning in their first alliance without buying materials and recipes in guild stores.

I have two characters in the 3rd zone atm and I'm also finding it hard to find recipes for them. I was lucky enough to pick up a lvl 20 food recipe which is tiding them over while I wait to find a 3-4 recipe.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random Number Generator at work.

I've found one purple, a dozen or so blues, and uncountable greens. I play an average of 2-3 hours a day during the week, longer on weekends. I do not 'farm' chests/boxes over and over like some folks do.

I've heard of folks like you who have never found a purple, and very few (or any) blues who actually play a lot more than me. And I know of at least two people who play less than me who have claimed to have found several purples.

It's just randomness at its best.
    Options
  • Rubiin
    Rubiin
    It's just astounding that i have found several lvl 15 blues recipes but 0 lvl 10 when all my bank mules are used to farm the bank on several occasions a day as well as other buildings in glenumbra.
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but once i saw a vr12 and a vr8 my mind just blew away...
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if the game is going to continue eating everything I craft, food wise, before it even hits my inventory. I'm done!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    I've just reached vet1 and in all that time I've only found 1 purple recipe and I usually search every container I come across. I play around 3 to 6 hours a day and I've been quite lucky with blues and have found several with each lvl and endless green recipes.
    Options
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me how the drops work as they seem far to rare for some lvls and far to common for others . Is there a provisioning lvl system that kicks in the dropping of the recipes or is it purely random?.

Recipe's are found in chests(housing), trunks, cabinets, wardrobes, nightstands, desks and backpacks. I seem to get more from backpacks than from any other source but I have no stats to prove it.
    Your level of provisioning has no impact on your chance of finding a recipe it is entirely a random chance when you loot one the above containers. Same goes for the rarity of the recipe, green is common, blue not so and purple extremely rare. I have nearly all the blue recipes on my provisioner, but have only ever gotten one purple and that was level 25 I think.
    The level of recipe you get is determined by the level of the area you are in.

There is one inconsistency in the RNG that I have noticed. I seem to get a recipe most often when I first log on and usually within the first 10 containers I will get a recipe, it is usually a green though.
    Options
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently started an alt and redoing provisioning on it to spread out the crafting load with my main...plan to respec him out of it later. Decided if I was going to start over I would go for a full recipe book, at least for my faction which is DC.

Noticed that level 10 recipes did not start dropping till level 12. At which point, interestingly enough, I started also getting the advanced ingredients (hops, red wheat, salt, etc). Also started getting the 15 recipes then, too.

A week later...8 days actually...I'm still at 12 farming freaking recipes. Have all greens thru 15. But the blues are being elusive, to say the least. I'm at 4 of 6 of the 10s and 4 of 6 of the 15s. Which isn't bad but I've been doing this for a LONG week and I'm starting to feel stuck because on top of being rare, I'm getting repeats sometimes. Which sucks when you see about one a day on average and you get ones you already.

To put in perspective how long this is taking...I alternate farming runs between my main and alt just to mix it up. One then the other, rinse repeat, etc etc. In the time it's taken me to get where I described above with the alt, doing one after the other, the main has gotten every green and blue for 50 and v5 for BOTH toons except 2 blue drinks, about a dozen blue repeats both already have, a handful of primal and barbaric motifs, a purple V5 drink, and the alt got an Imperial motif.

Yet here I am, literally stuck at 2/3rds of the way thru the 10s and 15s in the same timeframe. It's crazy.

Does it make any sense at all that blue recipes from content you can do in a few hours are this more rare than the end game ones?

I auctioned for a trade in /zone and a guy offered to buy the extra I have. Told him I was looking for a trade but could probably be convinced to sell it for several k. To which he said he doesn't pay more than 300 for blues. I told him I can respect that because I don't buy them at all, but you have NO idea how rare these things are until you actually set out to farm them. Haven't seen one in any of my 4 trading guild stores, either.

OP, pm me if you are farming these too. Maybe we can trade repeats or something. Level your 10 up to 12 and I guarantee you will start to see them.
    Edited by Fleymark on July 7, 2014 9:15AM
    Options
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how the drops work as they seem far to rare for some lvls and far to common for others . Is there a provisioning lvl system that kicks in the dropping of the recipes or is it purely random?.

Recipe's are found in chests(housing), trunks, cabinets, wardrobes, nightstands, desks and backpacks. I seem to get more from backpacks than from any other source but I have no stats to prove it.
    Your level of provisioning has no impact on your chance of finding a recipe it is entirely a random chance when you loot one the above containers. Same goes for the rarity of the recipe, green is common, blue not so and purple extremely rare. I have nearly all the blue recipes on my provisioner, but have only ever gotten one purple and that was level 25 I think.
    The level of recipe you get is determined by the level of the area you are in.

There is one inconsistency in the RNG that I have noticed. I seem to get a recipe most often when I first log on and usually within the first 10 containers I will get a recipe, it is usually a green though.

This, especially the last part...I've noticed the same thing. Quite often it's the first container when first log in, usually within the first 3, and almost always within the first 6 or 8 if not. Almost without fail, really. Not 100% but fairly reliably. I've also noticed that, when alternating toons, if they both loot a recipe in the same "cycle" if I keep going back and forth they tend to loot another in the same cycle after not getting anything for a while which leads me to suspect that there is a cooldown at work as someone suggested in another thread about motifs.

I've also noticed that motifs appear to be on a different spawn table. Or cooldown, if that's what's going on.

But despite my thinking loot went by area the whole time I've played this game, too, since starting the alt last week I'm not so sure. I'm now thinking it goes purely by character level no matter where you are. With the caveat that veteran recipes and purple motifs come from veteran zones. A couple of weeks ago my v4 main looted a level 50 green recipe in glenumbra screwing around in the town I craft in...that's a 3-15ish zone. And I literally watched the drops change with level as my alt levelled up to 12. The 12 still gets the occasional 1 and 5 green so area may determine the lower range while level determines the upper range or something but I'll have to get back to you on that when I experiment more.

I'm going to experiment more with this as the alt levels up....gotta get these freaking 10 and 15 blues first tho.

Oh, for completeness sake, it's worth mentioning that when I finally got my imperial motif it was with the level 12 alt in glenumbra, not from veteran zones as some things I read online said. They may drop there, but mine definitely came from the first tier DC zone.
    Edited by Fleymark on July 7, 2014 9:08AM
    Options
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recipe drops are determined by your faction and your character level; vet level recipes are cross-faction. Your provisioning level has no impact on the recipes you will find. Your vets will only find vet level recipes; your level 22 and level 10 toons will find recipes at or near those levels.

I think the rarity of the level 10 recipes is due to players quickly moving out of level 10.

Recipes can be found in all furniture, trunks, urns, vases, and mobs drop them as well.

Good luck!
    Options
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    Recipe drops are determined by your faction and your character level; vet level recipes are cross-faction. Your provisioning level has no impact on the recipes you will find. Your vets will only find vet level recipes; your level 22 and level 10 toons will find recipes at or near those levels.

I think the rarity of the level 10 recipes is due to players quickly moving out of level 10.

Recipes can be found in all furniture, trunks, urns, vases, and mobs drop them as well.

Good luck!

Mostly the case, save a couple of details...

As I said, my v4 main is getting Level 50 recipes and v5 recipes in silver VR zones. Not sure if this changes in gold...Not there yet.

And the rarity has nothing to do with the speed at which people level thru the level 10 drop range. I haven't levelled my level 12 alt since he hit 12 and level 10 recipes started dropping along with level 15 recipes and have alternated farming that toon with my main...log one in and loot, log in the other and loot, and back and forth....

In the same time it's taken me to get 4/6 level 10 blues (with two repeats) and 5/6 level 15 blues (with one repeat) on the level 12 toon (got another 15 after I originally posted :smile: ) I've gotten every level 50 and v5 blue on my v4 toon almost FOUR TIMES OVER as well as a handful of purple motifs and one v5 purple recipe. And the level 12 got an Imperial motif.

These low level blues are just really freaking rare. I would estimate somewhere on the order of the same rarity as a the purple motifs in vet silver, give or take.
    Edited by Fleymark on July 7, 2014 4:24PM
    Options
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Join a trading guild and buy them all for 500 gold a piece, if even that.
    Options
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a trading guild and buy them all for 500 gold a piece, if even that.

I'm in 4 full trading guilds. I've never seen a seen a level 10 or 15 blue recipe for sale.

The high level ones are all easy to get for 300-500. And they are everywhere. But not the low level ones.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 of the low level blue recipes while in a quest instance, which I've never seen these 2 out in open world. I wonder if some recipes are placed within quest instances only and you just won't find them without doing a quest? Doesn't sound like it should be.

Then again, I haven't searched a great deal for recipes since leveling my char and provisioning.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking you probably just got lucky in instances, but I've often wondered if chances for better drops goes up in instances.

They are just really rare. At this point, I have all of the level 15 blues and still need 2 of the level 10s....for DC, that is. Doing it by searching furniture and chests in the main city. Haven't played much in the last couple of days but I'm approaching 2 weeks of doing this. Really want to get back on actually playing my toon.

Ugh lol. If I could buy them I would but I've never seen one for sale.
    Edited by Fleymark on July 9, 2014 10:55PM
    Options
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleymark wrote: »
    Pele wrote: »

Good luck!

Mostly the case, save a couple of details...

As I said, my v4 main is getting Level 50 recipes and v5 recipes in silver VR zones. Not sure if this changes in gold...Not there yet.

And the rarity has nothing to do with the speed at which people level thru the level 10 drop range. I haven't levelled my level 12 alt since he hit 12 and level 10 recipes started dropping along with level 15 recipes and have alternated farming that toon with my main...log one in and loot, log in the other and loot, and back and forth....

In the same time it's taken me to get 4/6 level 10 blues (with two repeats) and 5/6 level 15 blues (with one repeat) on the level 12 toon (got another 15 after I originally posted :smile: ) I've gotten every level 50 and v5 blue on my v4 toon almost FOUR TIMES OVER as well as a handful of purple motifs and one v5 purple recipe. And the level 12 got an Imperial motif.

These low level blues are just really freaking rare. I would estimate somewhere on the order of the same rarity as a the purple motifs in vet silver, give or take.
    Level 50 is VR. ;) There isn't a recipe for every level and the max is VR 5, so your vet will find level 50 and VR 5 recipes.

As for the level 10 recipes, I meant you don't see them for sale much because many people aren't at that level for long so there are less of them being picked up and offered for sale (my apologies; I should have been clearer). Blue vet recipes are easier to find because they drop for a much broader level range, VR 1 - VR 12, and veteran ranks are permanent.

I do agree, though, that the lower blues are rare. I've bought all the blue 10s and 15s I've learned.
    Options