Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB shades

Xnemesis
Xnemesis
✭✭✭✭
Why does our range shade pop up right next to the enemy in melee range, and why can I summon it only by targeting an enemy? I would really like to drop the shade from stealth at range without breaking stealth, ambush in use a few moves, teleport back to my shade then go to some bow attacks. The way it works now though is I use my shade it pops up right next to the enemy, I lose stealth, gain immediate agro, lose all stealth bonuses, charge in hit like a wet noodle, and cant port to my shade because he is standing right next to me so its useless. Make the shade a pet or something because its completely useless as is.
Edited by Xnemesis on June 17, 2014 6:10PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to pop the shade on top of the walls and teleport to it.
    I know i would die but still, it would give me an option to infiltrate.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

Didn't think about that... Incoming nerfs to NB shades.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the shade then Ambush once I'm hidden again (only takes a second or two). That way the shade is at a distance and I still get my sneak bonus. This only works in PvP, though.

The only use the shade really has in PvE is to provide some damage mitigation.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on June 18, 2014 12:04AM
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    Gisgo wrote: »

Didn't think about that... Incoming nerfs to NB shades.

It doesnt work, the dumb shade pops next to me and goes in archer mode instead of popping next to the target. :(

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess maybe I'm doing it wrong I still wish it worked like a pet so I could summon it from stealth
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think, it would be great idea to summon shade with type of weapon (melee or range) same to caster. So NB with bow could kite enemies and then evade teleporting to archer-shade, and melee NB can charge mages/archers with melee-shade while fighting melee enemies and then oneclick teleport to mages/archers personally.
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Is what would be really great is if they held aggro like they used to.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    People using this awesome skill? I mean the damage from the shade is.. insane!
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it for PvP because it's a distraction...I've always wanted to see about 20 NBs working together to send 40 shades at once...
    Edited by reften on June 27, 2014 2:50PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shades at this moment in ESO are really either a minor distraction in PvP or for the damage debuff in PvE. They're actually a really good thing to have for ST tanking as a NB. The damage output is obviously laughable but that's not their purpose. I also agree they tend to go full r-tard sometimes and just do w/e they feel like doing, including playing the "I'm not touching you" game.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to aggro all mobs and not break your stealth. They used to be very useful to take down packs one mob at a time, now it's just a minor tank buff :(
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda useful in PvP. I got jumped last night by a nightblade using it and didn't realize it was shades at first. I thought 3 guys were jumping me instead of one, so I ran. When I realized it was shades though, I turned around and beat the pulp out of him.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    I like it for PvP because it's a distraction...I've always wanted to see about 20 NBs working together to send 40 shades at once...

I am sure that would be fun ... until 10 DKs wipe the floor with them.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would prefer that our shade would simply be a true mirror image of us and do the exact same skills and actions we do. it would definately create the balance and compensate for the lack of damage output we do and would definately increase our survivability, because, in pvp it would be kind of hard to truely know which was me or which was the mirror image that was attacking you and the true me would be able to escape if necessary.
    please do this zenimax so that we would have an ability to survive and do equal damage as the dragonights and sorcerers can do in pvp
    :)

edit for clarification:
    by mirror image i mean exactly that. the shade would be an exact duplicate of ourself including everything you see on us with our name and our armor and exact same weapons we use.
    Edited by Gilvoth on July 3, 2014 6:55PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like the shades to be made more like sorc pets - permanent, tanky, and commandable.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's kinda useful in PvP. I got jumped last night by a nightblade using it and didn't realize it was shades at first. I thought 3 guys were jumping me instead of one, so I ran. When I realized it was shades though, I turned around and beat the pulp out of him.

I used to have fun summoning my shades while in stealth and then repositioning while they attacked someone.
    This allowed me to circle behind my target and shoot them in the back as they were looking for me in my previous location and being assailed by the Shades.
    Often players would use skills to try and kill the Shades, which allowed me to wear down their resources before even initiating combat myself.

They were fun in PvP, but overall lackluster. A number of functional issues with them made me drop them from my build. I've not yet bothered to re-implement them.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.